ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NORTH CAROLINA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Under the present circumstances, and our inability to score and or get a stop, if we can get back into this game, it would be one helluva an accomplishment (pardon my French), and that's exactly what I think is going to happen!
We can still do this, there is no quit in these kids. Just need some stops. Hang in there folks.
Go Duke!
OFC

6-29 from 3....STOP ....even at 30% shooting 2's instead we would be in this game

CAN SOMEBODY JUST *PAY ATTENTION* TO LUKE MAYE.

Don’t look at anyone else.
Nobody.
Just stare at Luke, don’t let him do anything.

Can’t see it.
Damn I see that...

Duke star Zion Williamson likely to miss time; no surgery
ProFootballDoc
We’ve heard of jumping out of your shoes and breaking ankles, but this breaking your shoe in two is new.

Nike must be panicking over this shoe delamination where it seems the sole ripped right off the leather support like a the tread peels off a defective tire.

Fortunately, it appears Duke star Zion Williamson, the consensus presumptive No.1 pick in the NBA draft, did not suffer a serious injury.

In the first minute of the Duke’s game against North Carolina on Wednesday night, Williamson’s left shoe blew out.

As a result, he slipped and injured his right knee.

By video, Williamson appears to have a mild MCL sprain. I do not anticipate a major knee ligament tear such as an ACL.

(Those who are used to my video injury analysis in football know I do not purport this to be a diagnosis, as I am not treating or examining Williamson. It is an injury analysis by a former long-time NFL team doctor, much the same way a legal analyst gives an opinion on the Colin Kaepernick collusion settlement even though he was not involved in the case.)

I expect a mild low grade MCL sprain. Williamson will likely miss some time, but I expect him back before the ACC tournament and certainly before March Madness begins.

This should not affect his draft stock at all.l

This is one of the worst shooting Duke teams in years. However, it is absolutely 100% the toughest Duke team in YEARS.

Our D is not that good.... it’s based on gambling getting turnovers and athletic ability. -Zion and it’s terrible.

I mean you just can’t keep giving up easy baskets and expect to come back. You just can’t.

I do agree with Bilas on that. I think Duke is shocked by Zions injury like Duke was with Tre, it’s mentally taken them out of the game.

Reactions: AlanInNJ
Our defense with Zion is excellent. Top 10. Without him, they're lost. He's a huge presence.

I feel bad for Jack White....that’s 25 missed threes in a row...

I’ve never seen so many charge calls in my life, but solid drives through contact go uncalled lol

just 3 baskets outside of RJ and Cam....wow, a bad day for bench players and other starters. No way to overcome that imbalance

It’s one thing to be a bad 3 point shooting team. It’s another to be a bad 3 point shooting team and shoot them like we are a good 3 point shooting team. Praying that Zion is ok. Time to regroup and get ready for Syracuse.

I can guarantee you Luke maye would have under 10 points if Zion was playing. This is just so frustrating

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT