ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NORTH CAROLINA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Nothing I said was out of line. I didn’t post right after the game for a reason.

Understood and don’t disagree, but if you put yourself in our shoes, you wouldn’t want to be engaged in conversation with a Carolina fan either. I just don’t see what is gained by coming over here, even the morning after.

Reactions: QC Dukie
Understood and don’t disagree, but if you put yourself in our shoes, you wouldn’t want to be engaged in conversation with a Carolina fan either. I just don’t see what is gained by coming over here, even the morning after.

I typically come over here after the annual games win or lose and share my thoughts. Been doing it for the past few years.

CarolinaBlue is good people....and I truly don't think he means much by it at all. Under normal circumstances it would be more natural, but I'm not sure you'll find one Duke fan who cares more about losing to Carolina than they do about Zion's prospects. The game last night really means nothing to me right now.

I was thinking the same thing. I’ve never seen a player go from being so valuable to a complete non-factor in such a short period of time. He really hasn’t given us anything since the turn of the year. Nothing.

I agree. However, look at the games he played well in...sisters of the poor and Ivy League schools he’s undersized for most ACC competition

I agree. However, look at the games he played well in...sisters of the poor and Ivy League schools he’s undersized for most ACC competition

Yeah, but he played really well against some really good teams, too. You don't go from being that valuable to nothing because of competition. I mean, he's missed 25 straight three's. 25!!!

Yeah, but he played really well against some really good teams, too. You don't go from being that valuable to nothing because of competition. I mean, he's missed 25 straight three's. 25!!!

Again, I’m not arguing with you dukiejay but he’s had TWO decent games all year. Army and E Mich. not exactly world beaters. He made Luke Maye look like a world class tri-athlete last night.... my point being I’m trying not to have a panic attack looking forward to next year.

Now that the dust has settled, I’ll give my two cents.

First off, a wish a full recovery to Zion and hope he’s alright. You never wish for anyone to be injured ever and that whole shoe sequence was the most bizarre thing I’ve ever seen.

That aside, there’s no doubt it made an impact on the game. However, you still have a top squad even without Zion. If you had told me Carolina would make two 3’s and commit 15 turnovers and win the game I would have recommended you for the nut house. The biggest factors were of course, Cam Johnson and Luke Maye dominating inside. And the other was that our D did enough to limit the other Duke players and cause 20 turnovers of our own. We rebounded well enough, pushed the tempo, played hard, and came away with a W.

In any case, the next few weeks will be interesting, from the severity of the injury to the final game in chapel hill and I fully expect that game to be a dog fight.

Congratulations on your win, you guys definitely clear-cut won the game and there’s no argument to it. Also, thanks for the Zion support. He’s always unbelieveable, of course just wish it was a different kind of unbelieveable last night.

Zion’s presence alters the game, even if he doesn’t have the ball or is defending off-ball. The space he creates for our offense to get clean looks is irreplaceable. He’s a paint-protector defensively. Duke’s shooting is always a mystery with or without him, but the 60 points Carolina scored in the paint I can say without a shadow of a doubt would have been a different story.

Preparation wise, a gameplan was instilled offrnsively and defensively with Zion included. Changing defensive matchups and adjusting to a Zion-less offensive was too much for us to overcome. When a gameplan is tossed out and you’re suddenly doing everything different, especially against a respectable ranked team, 3 freshmen and 2 role players..... chaos takes over.

None of that is an excuse for the pitiful performance, we have way too much talent for it to happen like that. I’m still ready to projectile vomit at the slightest flashback of our defense.

With or without Zion, the next one at Chapel Hill will be a different story. I’m not taunting a win, but it definitely won’t be an unprepared embarrassment.

Reactions: BOOGIEMAN1914
I will never make another joke or negative comment about Roy....ever....What he said was pretty classy

Whoa! Don't get crazy on me, DukeKY!:D I give credit to Roy, but that doesn't make up or atone for the thousands of crap things he's said & done over the years...including the cheating...that he 'aw shucks' away. No, when the opportunity presents itself to me, I'll go after him, because believe me Roy is still going to Roy.

OFC

It had zero to do with last night.

AOC has to make shots. In limited time, he's been bad on O. We can't absorb the hit his presence on the court delivers if he's not offsetting that by making shots. His role this year was supposed to be perimeter shooting off the bench. To come in, IN LIMITED MINUTES, and provide some offensive punch. He wasn't expected to be a defensive stopper, or a plus rebounder, off the bench. But he was expected to make 3s. We needed him to be around 38% on a respectable number of takes. With a few other 2s thrown in for good measure. Instead, he can't make threes. Thus he adds nothing.
I'm afraid he's a guy that needs heavy minutes to "get into the flow" of the game and start making shots. We don't have that luxury. This year, he needs to make shots immediately upon insertion into the game.

CarolinaBlue is good people....and I truly don't think he means much by it at all. Under normal circumstances it would be more natural, but I'm not sure you'll find one Duke fan who cares more about losing to Carolina than they do about Zion's prospects. The game last night really means nothing to me right now.

Yes, his timing was a little off, but CarolinaBlue is a sane, and reasonable poster. I wish he were a Duke fan.

OFC

Reactions: skysdad

Hes known for this type of behavior. Just try to ignore him- not worth it....OFC

Reactions: GillJET
Whoa! Don't get crazy on me, DukeKY!:D I give credit to Roy, but that doesn't make up or atone for the thousands of crap things he's said & done over the years...including the cheating...that he 'aw shucks' away. No, when the opportunity presents itself to me, I'll go after him, because believe me Roy is still going to Roy.

OFC

DIRT, THANKS BUDDY!

OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil

OFC

I was drunk???? Hahahaha!!

Fair enough. A player of his caliber doesn’t come around very often. I hope his injury isn’t too serious.

Yea he’s a sneaky one and knows how far to push it.

The substance of his message was as clean as can be. But in the grand scheme of things as we are all sick to our stomachs awaiting the fate of our season, reading a Carolina’s fan’s 2 cents about the game last night was not well received by me. Just wasn’t.

CB34 has been MIA all season, but decides to show up the morning after UNC beats Duke. Not a good look.

I’ve been on sporadically here and there over the course of the season. It’s not like UNC won and then I decided to show up. I posted my thoughts before the game and afterwards as I always do. Think what you want, I’m not here to troll.

How’s that worked for Tre so far both his fouls were charged they are packing the paint
Barrett got inside several times and scored. Then 3 or 4 trips straight they shoot 3's. Happened just about every time there was a Duke run. Drive, jump stop, jumper. Wasn't implying they should run guys over, just some higher percentage shots.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT