ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NORTH CAROLINA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

I can't stand it. It's gotta be 8 p.m. somewhere. OFC

Fortunate here to be able to see the game on the ACC Network and possibly G-man doing the broadcast so I won't have to hear "Allen has done it again" every time a heel player flops falls down or just ends up on the floor. Does anyone know who's doing the game for ESPN. I hope it's not Bilas or Williams simply for the fact that we as a Duke fan base won't be concerned about them. OFC

Last edited:
I think we get this one...Feeling kind of good about where we are going...and almost another week of practice...

This Duke team with much much less depth took them to the wire twice last year..we have more depth now and our rebounding while not great will be better with Amile...

Duke 80
UNC 76

We seem to be trending in the right direction but I just don't have a good feeling about this one like I did heading into ND. Hopefully I am wrong and Duke prevails. If Duke was favored by 4+ tonight, I would ecstatic right now. Instead, they are only 2.5 favs and I'm really concerned.

As far as what actually is going to determine the outcome: 1) Duke needs to hold their own on the glass. Don't have to out-rebound them, just keep it respectable.2) Shoot the ball well from deep. UNC is suspect in 3pt defense and Duke needs to take advantage. 3) Make UNC beat them from the outside. They have come back down to earth from 3 since conference play started and they are least effective when they become a jumpshooting team. 4) Get back on D. Can't let UNC run their fast break and secondary break all night. That is the staple of their offense and they get their best looks when they get into that.

Last but not least, Duke has to play Duke basketball. Heart, emotion, passion, and pride. Need all of it tonight.

Fortunate here to be able to see the game on the ACC Network and possibly G-man doing the broadcast so I won't have to hear "Allen has done it again" every time a heel player flops falls down or just ends up on the floor. Does anyone know who's doing the game for ESPN. I hope it's not Bilas or Williams simply for the fact that we as a Duke fan base won't be concerned about them. OFC

I would imagine it's Shulman and Bilas on espn because 1) it's their top crew, and 2) gameday is also in the house tonight.

I would imagine it's Shulman and Bilas on espn because 1) it's their top crew, and 2) gameday is also in the house tonight.

I thought I heard Bilas was doing the Oregon game, but I may be misremembering.

I would bet just about anything that were getting ESPN's "A" team tonight...Bilas and Shulman.

Reactions: Dad2ze
Duke wins 74-71 and controls its own destiny the rest of the way for a share of the ACC Season title!

Duke will win this one in the last minute. Defense is key tonight. Tatum has to keep sharing the ball and make smart plays. Nothing silly and finish at the rim. Grayson/Luke both have to have killer games from behind the arc. Amile needs to dominate the glass. Vrank had to get some minutes to draw a few hard fouls.

Duke - 79
Bad guys - 74

Ok, I'll be the odd man out. I pray we win this one. But ultimately, I think UNC's rebounding becomes too much for us to overcome. UNC 83 Duke 79.
962DD1E0-2F52-474B-BDC5-918B714AA6EC_zpsu4uvborn.gif

Hey gents, I saw some crazy stats earlier on the rivalry that blew my mind and forgot to rewind the TV to fully read them. Had to do with the past 90 something games, the two have near the same amount of points/wins/some other wild stat.

I know I'm not being of much help, but was hoping one of you could come through. I appreciate it!

Hey gents, I saw some crazy stats earlier on the rivalry that blew my mind and forgot to rewind the TV to fully read them. Had to do with the past 90 something games, the two have near the same amount of points/wins/some other wild stat.

I know I'm not being of much help, but was hoping one of you could come through. I appreciate it!

That just means that the latter third of that heat map is dark blue.

I think you guys get this one. Having K back and being on your home court will push the tide in your favor.

Duke 73 UNC 69

The past 96 games is split 48-48 and both teams have scored the same amount of points.

Reactions: sheyduke
Well, the bad news is that Duke has not peaked yet, and probably won't for a few more games, but the good news is that while they are still learning to play off each other, they can beat anyone in the country on a good night, and this is Duke/Carolina night, which is a good night.
I feel like Grayson must go off tonight, Luke get his usual, and Amile must have help down low (can you hear me Bolden?) This could be your time, just do it!
Duke at Cameron will continue the coming together process and get a big W.
Go Duke!
OFC

I'm usually too scared to make predictions and I won't today either. My nerves are getting the best of me today though...I don't know why I get so bent out of shape over a sport but I can't help it with the Dukies! Go Duke and GTHC!

game1 of this year's b-ball rivalry. may best team win. still puzzeled about being a hall of famer on this site but my split personality accepts it. ofc

I believe it was that in the last 92 meetings, each team is 42-42 and also has the exact same total points.

I thought it was 46-46 and 4,737 points scored by both.

I've seen this stat talked about a few times. We're tied 48-48 over the last 96 games with both teams scoring 7437 points during that time

My math definitely didn't check out there; it's been a long day already.

I have the bad feeling as well because of their inside edge....If we can get a big X-Factor from a Jones/Jackson/Giles though we could pull it out....One thing for certain, at some point Bilas will say "sometimes Carolina's best offense is a missed shot because they rebound so well!!!"

OFC

I have the bad feeling as well because of their inside edge....If we can get a big X-Factor from a Jones/Jackson/Giles though we could pull it out....One thing for certain, at some point Bilas will say "sometimes Carolina's best offense is a missed shot because they rebound so well!!!"

OFC

I will say this hart we better get back on D even when we make or miss a shot because unc's transition game is what makes them go. We can't stand around admiring our 3's if we are hitting them. We have to go full blast the whole game because they will. OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
I will say this hart we better get back on D even when we make or miss a shot because unc's transition game is what makes them go. We can't stand around admiring our 3's if we are hitting them. We have to go full blast the whole game because they will. OFC

Exactly what I told someone today....we better get back on D or they will run us ragged

Reactions: hart2chesson
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT