ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS INDIANA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Big 10/ACC Challenge - Should be a good one tonight. Indiana has struggled a bit at the end of the season and Duke isn't even close to "mid-season" form.

Because it's played at Cameron, I like our chances.

Tonight's game is slated for a 9:15pm est tip and will air on ESPN HD.

Duke 77

Indiana 70

GO DUKE!

Could be a high scoring game. I'm a little nervous about this game. IU has great guards and Will be hungry to get back on track. We have Coach K so I'm gonna go with Duke.

Duke 87
IU 79

I'm a little nervous about this one as well, but I still think we protect our house.

Duke 84
Indiana 77

OFC

For the UK game I had a daddy-daughter dance, and now tonight I have my wife's holiday work party. So I'll once again be watching late on tape delay.

I think this is going to be a tough test. People keep pointing out that Indiana is struggling so much, but I don't think we're playing "great" either. On top of that, for IU there's some sense of urgency after their performance in Maui. What better way to get things rolling again than to go into Duke and win? I think it's a dogfight that the good guys win late.

Duke 85
Indiana 79

As I said in another thread, a lot of tools are there for IU, they just rarely put it together. If you can't put together a unified focus to play against Duke in Cameron on national TV, then you have some serious problems. I think that will largely manifest itself defensively, because that is the side of floor that is far more effort than ability. IU rarely focuses, but Crean will have their attention for this one. But Duke is still better and at home. Kennard shook his mini-funk last game, here's hoping tonight is Ingram's turn.

Duke - 82
IU - 79

Glad to play Duke again, it's been awhile. Thought I would just pop over here to give you some insight into our team. We are completely lost on defense. You will get open lanes/looks tonight. As long as you have a decent shooting night, you'll win. We also like to turn the ball over. Unless we clean some of this stuff up - you should win handily. Expect Plumlee to have a huge night either way. See you tonight boys!

I'm a little apprehensive about this one. I hope we get off to a good start, and don't allow them any hope of beating us.

Duke 84
Indiana 80

OFC

Reactions: JCColsCane
One of the VERY few Duke games I ever missed was back on March 22, 2002. I missed watching the game and we lost.....to Indiana. Why is that date so memorable? It was the exact time my baby girl was being born. Tonight is my wife's anniversary and we are going out. I am going to miss a lot of the game. If we lose, I WONT miss another, I swear.

One of the VERY few Duke games I ever missed was back on March 22, 2002. I missed watching the game and we lost.....to Indiana. Why is that date so memorable? It was the exact time my baby girl was being born. Tonight is my wife's anniversary and we are going out. I am going to miss a lot of the game. If we lose, I WONT miss another, I swear.

Maybe you can find a tv somewhere, and sneak a peek, Show.:D
And if we lose...yeah, we'll hold you to your promise!

OFC

I'm worried about this one. We are inconsistent when starting games, save for the last one against Utah State. And if Indiana comes out hot we could find ourselves in a hole early. Good thing is that the light has seemingly came on for Luke, Grayson is who he is, and our upperclassmen are playing well. The x factors are Thornton and Ingram. Thornton is still adjusting, and Ingram has looked better on the defensive end more-so than offensively in my opinion. We need these kids to take it to another level tonight on both ends of the floor. I truly believe Crean will have his guys ready for a battle, as will K. I just hope we show up from start to finish tonight. And I will be working, so my phone will be wore out tonight on the ESPN watch app. LET"S DO DUKE!!!!!

Yogi Ferrell is Tyler Ulis light. Let's see how the zone handles him and Blackmon. Troy Williams will be tough to keep off the boards. All said and done, Duke can score and they will at will. Big night for the freshies.

Duke - 90
Indiana - 70

Last edited:
Yogi Ferrell is Tyler Ulis light. Let's see how the zone handles him and Crawford. Troy Williams will be tough to keep off the boards. All said and done, Duke can score and they will at will. Big night for the freshies.

Duke - 90
Indiana - 70
no way you're winning by 20 and holding IU to just 70

Going Duke 84-76 tonight. Don't think we'll blow them out at all, Think it'll be a tough game and we'll maintain a 6-12pt lead throughout the 2nd half.

Same here Show, had a school function there was no way around. My adviser knew I hated being there and missing the game so he gave a halftime update for me in front of about 2000 people. All was good, no worries right??? I'll never forget getting home and turning the tv on! That game still burns me hardcore

Seems we can't really put decent teams away so far this year. nothing against IU but I'd love to see it but don't believe it's going to happen Still hoping Ingram gonna bust out tonight though.

Duke 85
IU 79

i
One of the VERY few Duke games I ever missed was back on March 22, 2002. I missed watching the game and we lost.....to Indiana. Why is that date so memorable? It was the exact time my baby girl was being born. Tonight is my wife's anniversary and we are going out. I am going to miss a lot of the game. If we lose, I WONT miss another, I swear.[/Q

I hope it's your anniversary too Show. How many years little buddy. Can't you grab an early dinner. If not make sure you eat somewhere the games on and tell them you are sacrificing and maybe they will seat you right at the big screen with the Duke game on. n second thought tell them to seat you in front of the big screen with the game on. Happy anniversary to you both. OFC

I'm looking for a good game tonight. Hopefully Luke is still rolling.

Reactions: JCColsCane
Can the Hoosiers break the 120 game non-conference streak tonight?! You better believe they can. Even with the problems they have, they are still a pretty good team.
We must control Yogi, to me he is the key to their success, and we must have everybody involved tonight (Brandon, do you hear me?).
I think this has the making of a "white knuckler", and as always, I like Duke!
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

Let's do this!

Empire_zps2p41kgzb.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT