ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS FLORIDA STATE - ACC TOURNEY FINAL OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

For our cheat lurkers who will come talking about they are the regular season champs, let me educate you a little bit right quick!

Since July 1, 1961, the ACC's bylaws have included the phrase "and the winner shall be the conference champion" in referring to the tournament, meaning that the conference tournament winner is the only champion of the ACC. The ACC is unique in college basketball in that it does not recognize a regular season champion in any way, although it does permit the regular season winner to hang a banner if it wishes, so long as the banner makes it clear that the title is not official.[1]

For our cheat lurkers who will come talking about they are the regular season champs, let me educate you a little bit right quick!

Since July 1, 1961, the ACC's bylaws have included the phrase "and the winner shall be the conference champion" in referring to the tournament, meaning that the conference tournament winner is the only champion of the ACC. The ACC is unique in college basketball in that it does not recognize a regular season champion in any way, although it does permit the regular season winner to hang a banner if it wishes, so long as the banner makes it clear that the title is not official.[1]
Chew on that for a while

Reactions: retiredsoldier
Hell-to-the-yes

Some head scratching plays, a few spectacular plays and Duke gets it done again. Congrats to the young fellas for a well earned championship. I may have been selling FSU short, but they have struggled away from home all season. Next weekend will be the best spectacle in all of sports. I'm super excited.

Not sure how many of you are watching the celebration cast on the ESPN app but Zion just pulled all 4 freshmen into a long, head down, huddle and they were talking about something. I’m guessing it was something along the lines of “we are not done”

I haven't seen all 21 ACC championships but I've seen most of them. I cannot remember a more gratifying and sweeter one than this one. Zion was amazing once again. I can't enough about Tre tonight. In fact he had a great tournament. He as well as Duke needed that. RJ had his usual solid game and Cam came through for when needed tonight. I cannot for the life of me not seeing us with the number 1 seed but you never know. I honestly think UVA and the cheaters should get one also even though if justice had been served as it should have been they wouldn't be in the conversation. I will never let it die . The dirt is still under that rug. Now maybe we can get a little rest and get healthy . We have a 3 game winning streak going on and look forward to extending it to 9 games and getting #6 . Love Coach K. So happy for that man. OFC

End of an era for Raycom and the ACC... I hadn’t really thought about it but Raycom has been a part of my basketball life as long as I can remember..
Wow I hadn't either, what a bummer. Usually a lot more enjoyable that the tards on espn

Reactions: Bludvls1
I haven't seen all 21 ACC championships but I've seen most of them. I cannot remember a more gratifying and sweeter one than this one. Zion was amazing once again. I can't enough about Tre tonight. In fact he had a great tournament. He as well as Duke needed that. RJ had his usual solid game and Cam came through for when needed tonight. I cannot for the life of me not seeing us with the number 1 seed but you never know. I honestly think UVA and the cheaters should get one also even though if justice had been served as it should have been they wouldn't be in the conversation. I will never let it die . The dirt is still under that rug. Now maybe we can get a little rest and get healthy . We have a 3 game winning streak going on and look forward to extending it to 9 games and getting #6 . Love Coach K. So happy for that man. OFC

Are you feeling better sky? UTI's can make you miserable.

I like our defense against most teams! This was a hell of a good game for tre tonight! He is so good with his change of pace, and is so good at finishing at the rim! Even against 11 foot tall guys, like today!

I totally agree, our 2 captains just aren't really doing much for this team, and that's a shame. They have got to do better. I know we like to wear out Cam and Tre, and rightfully so, but those 2 juniors should be able to bring more to the table. Jack don't even look to shoot anymore, and Jav looks at his hands when he makes a mistake like he didn't grown them.

I thought Jav played MUCH better in the second half!!!

THIS was more a representation of true Duke BB..( minus the inept 3pt shooting). Great D, great PG play and forcing our will on the opponent. Hopefully we do this 6 more times

When they win the ACC tourney they believe and support that bylaw. When they don't they go by the regular season champs and do what they did last Sat. by cutting down the nets which will not be recognized because UVA is the regular season champs. How insecure is that. But they are tar heel fans. They can't help it. It's their nature. Bless their hearts. OFC

Reactions: retiredsoldier
When they win the ACC tourney they believe and support that bylaw. When they don't they go by the regular season champs and do what they did last Sat. by cutting down the nets which will not be recognized because UVA is the regular season champs. How insecure is that. But they are tar heel fans. They can't help it. It's their nature. Bless their hearts. OFC
Exactly, bless their hearts. they don't know any better.

Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT