ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS CLEMSON OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Tatum is capable of making some clutch shots.

Need more effort on the offensive end. Too many shots with no one in position to put back or rebound.

Strange how often over the years Duke struggles to knock down open shots, including FTs, when they play against Clemson. Clemson's physicality just seems to bring out the worst in Duke's offense (not just in terms of when they are covered and Clemson plays good D).

Gotta knock down open shots and FTs.

We got fortunate with that bad foul on Clemson's big man.

Man... just glad we pulled the win. We had a couple chances to ice the game, but Luke, Grayson, and Frank all missed wide open threes down the stretch. I'll take a wide open shot by those guys all day. Definitely didn't seem to have a lot of energy which is completely understandable coming off the UNC game.

Reactions: topps coach
A W with a really quick turnaround and an close emotional win over a rival on Thursday - bound to be a lack luster effort so take the W .....next......

Wasn't pretty. But a win is a win and if Miami can hold on to beat Louisville, Pitt holds on to beat Syracuse and ND manages to beat FSU, only two teams will have fewer losses than Duke.

Edit: Syracuse lost, puts Duke ahead of them with a game against them to solidify the tie breaker. Enven if Louisville wins, they will be tied with Duke but with the tie breaker. If ND wins, that puts FSU tied with Duke in the loss column with Duke getting a chance to beat them in Durham for the lead if things stay the same as they are right now.

Duke needs to win their games of course, but they are trending right.

Last edited:
This had all the makings of a trap game. You take the W and move on. I wouldn't even bother watching the film. It was ugly sluggish but you take the W for sure. On to Virginia

Happy with the win but not a great showing in that second half. We clearly had a Thursday night hangover....that would have been a monumental collapse and set this team way back.

Now it's time for some rest and get prepared for UVA on Wednesday. It would be great if we could find a way to win two next week to get to 10-4 for those final four games.

Everyone should realize by now that we depend on the 3 ball for most of our points and most of our runs. When we don't hit our 3's we struggle on offense. It is what it is.

So we aren't I guess...sorry I pointed out something negative my bad

It wasn't just that post....it's every single one you make. I don't care if you make them...I just commented that I bet you're a real treat at a party. Sorry I point out something obvious my bad.

Reactions: dbav
Whew!! I'm going to need ANOTHER BEER to wash down this BEER!! God Love these kids, they are totally exhausted. Another lesson for Tournament time that K can use for teaching. Get some sleep guys, you deserve it, and remember: A W IS A W!!
Go Duke!
OFC

Everyone should realize by now that we depend on the 3 ball for most of our points and most of our runs. When we don't hit our 3's we struggle on offense. It is what it is.

The thing is, that hasn't been true as much this season until today. Now let me preface that by saying outside shooting is a big part of our offense, but we had been doing so many things down low and with our mid-range that I felt it was as good of balance as we've had for a while. On Thursday we played a team that doesn't defend the arc and today we played a team that historically plays physical. We backed down from that and settled.

It was ugly....but I'll take an ugly win over an ugly loss.

Love seeing K up and animated again! He coached his butt off in this one! Not fond that this club (and student section) still needs him to lead the emotional charge tho

Reactions: DukeDenver
Happy with the win but not a great showing in that second half. We clearly had a Thursday night hangover....that would have been a monumental collapse and set this team way back.

Now it's time for some rest and get prepared for UVA on Wednesday. It would be great if we could find a way to win two next week to get to 10-4 for those final four games.
I must admit. I was worried that getting to 10 wins was going to be a challenge at one point. We obviously still have some things to work out. But what I have seen over the past two weeks that I didn't before is the chemistry improve and will to win. It is nice having two guys that can absolutely take over the game and drive this team to victory. (Allen and Kennard)

It wasn't just that post....it's every single one you make. I don't care if you make them...I just commented that I bet you're a real treat at a party. Sorry I point out something obvious my bad.
just

Ok so you don't agree with things I say means I'm a buzzkill at a party....oh ok gotcha chief

Good win especially after winning a rivalry game less than 48 hours ago.Was a definite trap game.Get some rest to get ready for a war Wednesday night

Big win right there. Yes, it was tight at the end, but totally expected after a huge emotional win vs UNCheat. Very worried that Grayson's ankle is crappy for the Virginia game. We're gonna need every second he can contribute in that one.

They where spent...physically and emotionally...pretty easily seen...we survived which is what we needed to do...

Rest and Recovery for a few days now and onto UVA...Happy with the win!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT