ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS CAMPBELL OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

We are going to get abused by Gonzaga. If we can't outrebound Army and Campbell we are in serious serious trouble against Gonzaga.

Reactions: christophero
Gonzaga up 20 on Texas at halftime. Will those "Gonzaga is overrated "people please step up? Anyone? Beuller?

Reactions: KDSTONE
whats evident is the spacing and the set plays that zaga is looking to create...less improvisation and more construct to their play on both ends

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
Gonzaga blowing out Texas, but Chet only has 2 points. You had one job Chet...

5 guys played over 30 minutes. Against Campbell. Two guys played over 35. Next closest was Theo John with 10 minutes.

Griffin and Williams played 6 minutes each.

I just don't get it. At all.
Amazing!!! I don't get it either. I'm not a HOF coach, but if you have a 7 foot , really fast Center going against a midget, the 7 footer needs to score at least 25 points, and play 25 minutes or more

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
I'm not quite ready to call the season or declare that this is a first weekend team just yet. I've seen some promising things on the defensive end of the floor at times. Mark is playing with some tinnitus in his knees. I do think that has played a factor in his not being as effective. I also think he might be forcing it as well. He needs to slow it down and let it come to him.

Mark needs to spend some quality time with Jefferson and Theo. We know the player he is capable of being. It will come. He's definitely in the sophomore slump part of his season. And better it happen early on than in February or March.

Also, I loved what we saw from Baker and Roach in these two games. Aggressive Jeremy makes this a dangerous team if he can give us that consistently. Baker seeing shots fall in a close game is HUGE for his confidence moving forward. Campbell is a senior led team picked to win their league. And they looked it tonight. Duke is a team playing nowhere near their potential and that excites me for the future. So let's all calm down and step back from the ledge.

I'm not quite ready to call the season or declare that this is a first weekend team just yet. I've seen some promising things on the defensive end of the floor at times. Mark is playing with some tinnitus in his knees. I do think that has played a factor in his not being as effective. I also think he might be forcing it as well. He needs to slow it down and let it come to him.

Mark needs to spend some quality time with Jefferson and Theo. We know the player he is capable of being. It will come. He's definitely in the sophomore slump part of his season. And better it happen early on than in February or March.

Also, I loved what we saw from Baker and Roach in these two games. Aggressive Jeremy makes this a dangerous team if he can give us that consistently. Baker seeing shots fall in a close game is HUGE for his confidence moving forward. Campbell is a senior led team picked to win their league. And they looked it tonight. Duke is a team playing nowhere near their potential and that excites me for the future. So let's all calm down and step back from the ledge.
Yup. All of this right here, and also, it was our first back to back. People gots to chill.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
But seriously this is the same Texas team that couldn’t put up 60 against Abilene Christian in the tourney last year and lost. The only Big 12 team worth buying stock in is the defending champs.

Amazing!!! I don't get it either. I'm not a HOF coach, but if you have a 7 foot , really fast Center going against a midget, the 7 footer needs to score at least 25 points, and play 25 minutes or more
Griffin looked a bit lost out there and is clearly still rusty. Too tight a game to let him log minutes just to shake off the rust. Williams' defense was the problem as his guy kept popping out to the perimeter to drain threes.

Reactions: BOOGIEMAN1914
Based only on the scores, this looks like the weakest ACC since the conference formed in 1953
ged true. I know your boys struggled against Brown, but rite now I think they're the best team in the league. Best blend inside/outside. I havent seen all the teams yet, but rite now would cast vote for your team. OFC

Bleed great post. Very logical, and quite refreshing. Sometimes even an old fart like me forgets WE ARE EVERYBODY'S BIGGEST GAME, and these are just kids. We'll be fine. OFC

Really? Holmgren had 4 fouls in 9 minutes vs Texas. But then again, he looked good vs Dixie State…
Yes, he is will if Mark keeps up with his timid demeanor. Chet seems to be more naturally active and confident.

Last edited:

Lol I haven’t seen one person on this board near the ledge, but I’ve seen some candid observations. Let’s not get dramatic 😂

I’m not worried about Gonzaga. This is a different Duke defense and time to work on some things prior to the game. My only worry is like stated, rebounding and not being able to make an entry pass against smaller teams.
the rebounding numbers worry me and Campbell after watching the game again almost mirrored Dukes defense with the switching and packing it in.
The question against the zags , Who does Moore guard? Their pg or Timme ? Do we see mark return to form ? Chet is a better match up for him and Johns.

Reactions: Shatterthesky22
ged true. I know your boys struggled against Brown, but rite now I think they're the best team in the league. Best blend inside/outside. I havent seen all the teams yet, but rite now would cast vote for your team. OFC
Just one week has given us: Citadel beats Pitt, uva falls to navy, and furman beats Ville. Not sure about ga tech so far but it’s a given they’ll lose a couple of these pretty much every year

Just one week has given us: Citadel beats Pitt, uva falls to navy, and furman beats Ville. Not sure about ga tech so far but it’s a given they’ll lose a couple of these pretty much every year
Not that anyone is clamoring for this info but it’s a boring Sunday; checked the schedule and ga tech lost to Miami oh by 3 but then balled out and blew Stetson out

Reactions: geddoughton23
What with all the Gonzaga fans on this board? Lot of discussion for a team in a game thread that was a close game. Sound like Kentucky fans and their obsession with Duke. Yes Duke plays them in a few weeks and they are #1 and good. I think Coach K will find a way to motivate the team and give them a ball game. But they have three games before that game.

Damn- same ol shit, different year. And I’m not talking Duke basketball- talking y’all spoiled whine a$$ posters. If ya can’t sit back, enjoy and take it all in this year your a 100% hopeless sports fan.

Yes, plenty of basketball to improve on. Rebounding most importantly. But damn we’ve got the tools- that’s all you can ask for. Size, depth, alpha dogs- was at last 2 games…. This group is tough as nails, reallt shows up in person. I predict we will be in every damn game we play. LOVVVVE THIS TEAM

Damn- same ol shit, different year. And I’m not talking Duke basketball- talking y’all spoiled whine a$$ posters. If ya can’t sit back, enjoy and take it all in this year your a 100% hopeless sports fan.

Yes, plenty of basketball to improve on. Rebounding most importantly. But damn we’ve got the tools- that’s all you can ask for. Size, depth, alpha dogs- was at last 2 games…. This group is tough as nails, reallt shows up in person. I predict we will be in every damn game we play. LOVVVVE THIS TEAM
Thank you!!!
I was at the game. Campbell played well. Duke had a nice second half. If Mark is struggling, Theo is more than serviceable. 3s we’re falling. Defense held a high scoring team to Under 60….the posters need to settle down. We are Duke dammit! We don’t obsess over Gonzaga!

Sounds like I’m one of the few so far in this post but I feel like this team is going to be really good.

We just played in Madison Square Garden on the biggest stage and won without playing great.

Beat a Army team with a good chance of winning their league by 26, without playing great.

Beat an old Campbell team that should win their league by double digits, without playing great.

Our Defense is NC worthy. Mark and rebounding will get there. We seen what he can do. He has had to take a back sit a little to help Paolo.

My biggest question mark to this moment is pg play. Seems like Duke does it by committee. Wendall handles it the most. When’s the last NC team without a good pg and everyone knew he was the pg?

Again, I’m one of the few that believed this team had a great first week and a lot of room to improve.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Sure will! Gonzaga is still overrated as hell. Texas just isn’t very good either.

I’m usually one of the Gonzaga is overrated guys but you’re dead wrong and probably didn’t watch the game last night. They brought back basically everyone who made the championship game last year and played REALLY good last night

I’m usually one of the Gonzaga is overrated guys but you’re dead wrong and probably didn’t watch the game last night. They brought back basically everyone who made the championship game last year and played REALLY good last night
Perused the highlights but yeah, they brought back everyone from the most overrated team in NCAA history. They’re good, don’t get me wrong. But they are not what everyone makes them out to be. They beat a team last night that has little business in the top 25, let alone #5.

A lot of people were predicting a Texas win, and the game was over at halftime. Texas got manhandled.

What with all the Gonzaga fans on this board? Lot of discussion for a team in a game thread that was a close game. Sound like Kentucky fans and their obsession with Duke. Yes Duke plays them in a few weeks and they are #1 and good. I think Coach K will find a way to motivate the team and give them a ball game. But they have three games before that game.
This is why most of us migrated to Show’s site.

Reactions: skysdad
Sounds like I’m one of the few so far in this post but I feel like this team is going to be really good.

We just played in Madison Square Garden on the biggest stage and won without playing great.

Beat a Army team with a good chance of winning their league by 26, without playing great.

Beat an old Campbell team that should win their league by double digits, without playing great.

Our Defense is NC worthy. Mark and rebounding will get there. We seen what he can do. He has had to take a back sit a little to help Paolo.

My biggest question mark to this moment is pg play. Seems like Duke does it by committee. Wendall handles it the most. When’s the last NC team without a good pg and everyone knew he was the pg?

Again, I’m one of the few that believed this team had a great first week and a lot of room to improve.
I too am very excited about this team. Gonna be a fun ride. Bring it on!

Reactions: rob5894
Curious to know what makes a team over-rated? Some say Zags are...why? Against Texas, a team with talent according to the pundits, they dominated in many areas and looked cohesive and efficient on both ends plus they had depth. If they are over-rated...by how much? Are they the 5th best? 10th? 15th? Its early but from the teams I have seen - UCLA, Texas, Nova, Duke, UK...they are better than those. Havent seen Meechigan yet nor Baylor but cant wait so I can get a feel for how they stack up.

Reactions: Fourteen44
Perused the highlights but yeah, they brought back everyone from the most overrated team in NCAA history. They’re good, don’t get me wrong. But they are not what everyone makes them out to be. They beat a team last night that has little business in the top 25, let alone #5.
Yeah I figured you didn’t watch it.

Crazy how an overrated team made the championship game and didn’t struggle the whole way except during the final four games. Was the Duke squad that got clobbered by unlv overrated too? Respect for you Fam but you’re horribly wrong that Gonzaga was “ the most overrated team in history” last year and this year. They’re damn good and it’s not hard to see if you actually watch them play

Reactions: Fourteen44
I’m not worried about Gonzaga. This is a different Duke defense and time to work on some things prior to the game. My only worry is like stated, rebounding and not being able to make an entry pass against smaller teams.
the rebounding numbers worry me and Campbell after watching the game again almost mirrored Dukes defense with the switching and packing it in.
The question against the zags , Who does Moore guard? Their pg or Timme ? Do we see mark return to form ? Chet is a better match up for him and Johns.
Chet is a nightmare matchup for these two. Mark is hesitant defensively on the perimeter, and Chet is a guard in a 7 foot body.

If Moore guards Timme, it’ll be a long night. I like Moore - the kid battles, but he can’t guard Timme all game.

honestly I hope you guys are right - I’d love to see Duke smack Gonzaga, but early on I see the Zags as a plus 10 margin head to head.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT