ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS CAMPBELL OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

The letting kids play didnt last but 2 games. All these chicken shit fouls are backkkkk😂 ughh

It's not just Duke. Screening and movement is almost non-existent in college basketball. It's all free-lance, no set plays. I wonder what they do at practice. Michael Jordan embraced Tex Winter's Triangle offense. Every organization needs structure. As you become proficient in February and March, you can run more free-lance offense

These games show how a better organized and experienced team with way less talent can compete with these super freshman recruiting classes. Just no substitute for experience

O points at the 5? We're gonna drop quite a few ACC games unless that improves. Still plenty of time, but Mark needs to wake up.

Reactions: hart2chesson
We have no one in double figures. Against Campbell. I've been keeping my Kentucky stinks theory to myself but they just might... Still we have time to improve.

It's not just Duke. Screening and movement is almost non-existent in college basketball. It's all free-lance, no set plays. I wonder what they do at practice. Michael Jordan embraced Tex Winter's Triangle offense. Every organization needs structure. As you become proficient in February and March, you can run more free-lance offense

I see ball movement all the time in college programs. I saw it last night with brown vs unc. You usually see it in the smaller schools but you see it in the most successful teams in the tournament too. Duke just hasn’t had it recently but it’s definitely still out there.

love baker hitting 3s he needs confidence that he can contribute in the worst way

I see ball movement all the time in college programs. I saw it last night with brown vs unc. You usually see it in the smaller schools but you see it in the most successful teams in the tournament too. Duke just hasn’t had it recently but it’s definitely still out there.

love baker hitting 3s he needs confidence that he can contribute in the worst way
Exactly! I took the easy road with my comment

Reactions: ioliva
If Williams is going to keep playing like this he may as well leave when Lively comes in next year. He hasn't even seen the floor this half

I think we are seeing that UK isn’t that good. Duke is better, but could be a 4th/5th place team in ACC. Again it’s early, and Campbell is no push over, but this isn’t a great team at this juncture.

We are a round of 32 team right now. Prove me wrong, please. But unless Mark stops playing soft and we start hitting 3's regularly and we get elite PG play that is what we are. (overreaction of the day lol)

I dont think we are an easy out for anyone ....that's a long way off. We do have a lot of work to do but this is game 3...and we have seen what they could be. If they buy into improving the weaknesses exposed this week then we will be fine....but they all have to buy in and commit to being one team. Huge upside if they do

I don’t take much from it other than the rebounding because it’s been a consistent problem thus far and I have no idea why! Well I do, but I don’t much get it. We’re playing 2 games in a row early in the season. Playing an old team all seniors and juniors picked to win their conference who’s playing their Super Bowl of the season. Maybe lifetime at Cameron lol. Still no excuse for the rebounding though man… Oscar Meyer wiener about single handeadly beat us against Kentucky! 😂

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
We are a round of 32 team right now. Prove me wrong, please. But unless Mark stops playing soft and we start hitting 3's regularly and we get elite PG play that is what we are. (overreaction of the day lol)
Two air all threes on one possession, you’re not overreacting lol

Reactions: christophero
Holmgren, Timme Watson, Gregg, Strawther....better eat your Wheaties.
Keels has shot pretty bad the last 2 games we need to fix that.

Maybe all the Jimmy’s and Joe’s talk was more accurate when the players stayed. UK and Duke are getting the Jimmy’s and Joe’s, but they leave before the time they are ready to win Nattys.

I’m devastated….I lost 20$ on the spread FML🤬😭😭😭😂

A win, lots of things to learn from it too. These super classes continue to struggle to impress. Individually the players are great, as a team not so much. Plenty of time to be good in march but so far this story looks all too familiar

Got the W which matters, but my blood pressure is high. J Roach really played well and Paolo is an alpha.

Keels seems to have come back to earth (still very good player), but what's up with Mark? Biggest disappointment by far early on.

Campbell pissing away the clock every possession! Getting 50 offensives rebounds a possession every time down the court. Getting bailed out fouled left and right with .1 sec on shot clock and burning another 20 sec off then hitting a 3!!! Fkkkkk 😂

I dont think we match up for Mark and Theo. They play 5 guards so its hard to match up. The top teams have bigs and we match up better. Mark should be stronger and stay with Chet as he isnt that quick. Watson and Theo I would say is a good matchup. Its all about who your playing

I didn't see a second of this game, but the stats are shocking. Duke, playing at home, should dominate Campbell. If the opponent is playing five guards, Williams and John should dunk the ball on every other possession. Instead, they combined for zero points and three rebounds. The Campbell team outrebounded Duke 34-31.. I can see how playing defense against five guards could make you vulnerable to 3s, but Campbell only shot 6 of 23 from deep. But you should be able to score at least 85 points against a team of Lilliputians

Exactly! I took the easy road with my comment
You’re good bro I’m just glad someone else sees it. Watching Gonzaga vs Texas ( I hate Gonzaga) and they just move the ball so well. Although they’ve been together longer, the difference is they are coached to play this way and Duke isn’t. Tired of this iso ball, million switches in the front court style we’ve been playing for years, bring back the Duke offense. 🥲

Gonzaga up 14 on Texas, and Chet has yet to score. They will beat us by double digits, unless we improve. they are much, much, much better than Kentucky.

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
Timme with 14 points. We just got outrebounded by Campbell; so silver lining away.

Zaga is going to administer a beat down if they play like this vs us....its a clinic out there. Few knows how to get a team to play together and this is just great to watch

K needs to completely bench Williams for the next game or two. He has played soft and lazy all 3 games thus far.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT