ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS CAMPBELL OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
A pretty sluggish game for Duke last night against Army, but certainly not entirely unexpected considering the situation and coming off the emotional high against Kentucky. Although I would argue I hate that excuse, and if you can't get up for your first game with fans at Cameron in 600+ games, you're tough to motivate lol.

This team has a lot of potential. It has toughness, fight and grit that hasn't necessarily been our trademark the last few years. So in spite of the lackluster performance tonight, I like what we're positioned to do this year.

Coach K Fact #3: Coach K has been the national coach of the year on eight separate occasions but surprisingly, he hasn't received the honor since 2001.

Onto tonight. I don't know a ton about Campbell except they eked by Hartford last night by one point. I just know we have to continue to develop our offensive game as a team and hopefully continue to improve from the perimeter. It's early, but the downfall of the 2018-19 team was the inability to hit consistently from the perimeter. Early on, it's been one of our few weaknesses.

At the time of posting, I couldn't yet find a spread for tonight's game but I'm going to guess somewhere in the 27-29 range. Just a touch over what it was last night (24) against Army.

Tonight's game is slated to tip at 8pm est and will air on ACCN+.

Duke 90

Campbell 63

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I agree about last night, the performance overall was disappointing, but likely due to a combination of a post-Kentucky letdown and a complacency that our quick 10-0 start brought into the mix. I expect a much sharper effort tonight, and think it will be a 40 point final margin. Duke 95-55. I hope to see AJ get more minutes.

Reactions: Liftee
Game is at 8pm eastern time FYI

Was at the game last night, going again today. Army really played tough. Duke did not utilize their size advantage at at all- and seeing our squad live, holy Sh&@ we are BIG AND MATURE!! Have gotta make the entry passes. Seemed like we hesitated last night.

Great to be back in Cameron - GO DUKE

I drove down from WV for this game! Let’s go Duke!

Duke by ten and they cut back on the turnovers and get the ball moving more .

Duke by 10 or 15 sounds right. I don't know much about this team but they sound better than Army. Teams are going to pack it in against us if we don't shoot better, but seeing Moore and Roach shoot like that was encouraging. AJ and Baker are guys that can help us, although I think Joey is about a 4 points per game guy. If AJ can give us 10 off the bench that would raise our ceiling.

Let's get the bigs going! Mark needs to step up...6 and 4 is unacceptable. He should be around 12 and 8/10 every night.

Don't know if Campbell plays a zone but would like to see how we do against it with our lack of shooting. That being said...

Duke- 85
Campbell- 69

Reactions: christophero
I agree Mark should be scoring 10/12 a game, but other than the Louisville game he is not that good a rebounder. He is more of a shot blocker. He's looked a little raw thus far, but we're only 2 games in. Maybe he needs to learn how to play with an alpha like Banchero. Hurt was more of an outside guy. Silver lining is with guys like Mark and AJ we have a lot of upside.

Game is at 8pm eastern time FYI

Was at the game last night, going again today. Army really played tough. Duke did not utilize their size advantage at at all- and seeing our squad live, holy Sh&@ we are BIG AND MATURE!! Have gotta make the entry passes. Seemed like we hesitated last night.

Great to be back in Cameron - GO DUKE

I agree with your analysis. 2 games in a row-- you are one lucky dog!

Assuming we beat Kentucky, which we did, our schedule lines up perfectly. A top 10 (Kentucky looks like top 20 to me but whatever) win plus a bunch of easily winnable games before we get Gonzaga and Ohio State.

Last edited:
No one fell o. Him he simply hyper extended trying not to fall over. I know Duke better get an offensive game plan .

This game right now looks like what you just said. A lot of one on one trying to score leading to no points or turnovers .

for all our offensive firepower we have 22 pts in 15 mins this half

Because we’re back to the same way of using offensive skill and talent to score instead of actually moving to get each other open. What were they even running on that 3 point attempt by keels? Pretty obvious why a shot didn’t open up, barely any movement

Because we’re back to the same way of using offensive skill and talent to score instead of actually moving to get each other open. What were they even running on that 3 point attempt by keels? Pretty obvious why a shot didn’t open up, barely any movement

Yep...there seems to be very little cohesive plan on that end. No post entry or even motion to get the right match-up. Very strange as we have talent and mismatches everywhere. Seems very random on each trip on the offensive end

This. It’s iso only. Teams are just going to pack it in on Duke. For all our length how are teams grabbing so many offensive rebounds ?

Our freshman playing like freshman against an older experienced team. Some games it's gonna be like this early in the season. This is the way nowadays in college where power houses always have young players due to so many going pro. These mid-majors have guys playing 3-4 years together. Hopefully we settle down and still win

Mark with one rebound? Campbell outrebounding us by 8? We need to step it up to put it mildly.

Mark with one rebound? Campbell outrebounding us by 8? We need to step it up to put it mildly.
Say it straight ! Duke can have all the talent and a game plan until the ball tips. Getting out rebounded especially on the offensive end scares me. Can someone not named Paolo, Keels or Moore do something. I’m not down talking the players but where is the offensive game plan at ?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT