ADVERTISEMENT

Duke-UVA FOOTBALL

Part of this is on Cut. Spurrier would have had a serious talking to w/Jones on sidelines (rant) and/or made a change. This slump traces back to Baylor. Daniel is a decent quarterback, but still not in the same class as Finley at State or Benkert at UVA.

OFC

Well we can blame this and we can blame that. How many pass interference and defensive holdings did we have. Five or or six? That kept a lot of drives going. We have some things to fix for sure. Don't be surprised to see us beat FSU . Yea I said it. OFC

Well we can blame this and we can blame that. How many pass interference and defensive holdings did we have. Five or or six? That kept a lot of drives going. We have some things to fix for sure. Don't be surprised to see us beat FSU . Yea I said it. OFC

You are a courageous man sky.

Reactions: skysdad
We won't beat FSU. Yeah, I said it. ;)

At least not unless we can find some answers for our offense. I am not sure if you remember, but Jones saving grace last year (completion percentage wise) was the fact that we dumped so many passes behind the line of scrimmage. In order to get him confidence (I guess) he was throwing a large percentage of his passes left or right just behind the line of scrimmage. Take a look back at both the completion percentage (which got pretty decent) and the actual yards per reception (which was abysmal).

I really hoped that Jones had taken a step forward this year, but am not seeing it in his accuracy.

Ok . I'm going way out on that limb but if we pull out that win I expect an "I'm not worthy" from everyone of you. OFC

One thing . FSU has a true freshman QB starting. A talented one for sure but he has a lot to learn. Guys you gotta believe. We are as talented as we have been in years. We were a break or two away from beating UVA. As Donald Sutherland said in the Movie Kelly's Heroes let's lose those negative vibs and think positive vibs. Win Duke win, win Duke win, win Duke win. OFC

One thing . FSU has a true freshman QB starting. A talented one for sure but he has a lot to learn. Guys you gotta believe. We are as talented as we have been in years. We were a break or two away from beating UVA. As Donald Sutherland said in the Movie Kelly's Heroes let's lose those negative vibs and think positive vibs. Win Duke win, win Duke win, win Duke win. OFC
Sky, I admire the way you look at things. I'll be the first to admit I get fired up before, during, and after about our hoops team.
Not to be corny or soft, but after what I've watched my girl go through, and seeing kids a lot worse than her, it's made me realize what I should see as important. It's not to say I don't or won't still get fired up, but I know I NEED to keep things in perspective.
Like worrying about who the staff is recruiting for Next Season when this season hasn't begun.
Sometimes you Old Farts make since, just don't let it go to your head. Lol

We won't beat FSU. Yeah, I said it. ;)

At least not unless we can find some answers for our offense. I am not sure if you remember, but Jones saving grace last year (completion percentage wise) was the fact that we dumped so many passes behind the line of scrimmage. In order to get him confidence (I guess) he was throwing a large percentage of his passes left or right just behind the line of scrimmage. Take a look back at both the completion percentage (which got pretty decent) and the actual yards per reception (which was abysmal).

I really hoped that Jones had taken a step forward this year, but am not seeing it in his accuracy.

BluePhil ON POINT! OFC

CANT BLAME THE D.....Heck they are the saving grace this year, and some of those calls were borderline.... OFC

Reactions: skysdad
I don't recall us ever being competitive in a game against FSU.

True Wake played them close and State beat them. Probably would be an upset if we were to beat Wake. They are the better team now.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I don't recall us ever being competitive in a game against FSU.

True Wake played them close and State beat them. Probably would be an upset if we were to beat Wake. They are the better team now.

Dukeman is on point! Clawson has his system pretty established now and the Deacs are feisty and competitive. They will be favored to beat us in Winston-Salem later in season. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT