ADVERTISEMENT

Duke-UVA FOOTBALL

hart2chesson

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Oct 13, 2012
Important to bounce back at Charlottesville today! I will take 5-1, 2-1 in Coastal!
#GoDuke

OFC

I've got us by at least 2 touchdowns.

Jones momentum comes from the read option. When we run it well he gets into a rhythm, when we pass all 3 downs, you are seeing the result.

They are now abusing Mark Gilbert.

Reactions: mtipp4
Defense did all they could. Hard to win when your qb is 9-31 for 66 yards and 2 picks. He's not a good qb... not sure why more people don't see that.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I think the problems on offense is a combination of offensive coordinator and soft receivers. Daniel Jones is throwing to the wrong guy or we haven't had anyone open in two weeks. We need physical receivers Ramming don't like contact.

Here is what is concerning going forward for Duke football... Mike London, Al Golden, and the aging Frank Beamer are no longer coaching in the Coastal Division.

Qb development has been extremely stagnant for a guy with cutcliffes pedigree. I haven’t really like any of duke qbs since renfree

poor route running and not coming up with any 50/50 ball. Hell, our receivers don't even lay out for any passes.

Penalties beat us today. We need to and should have won this game. We had every chance to do so. Next up is FSU and we need to upset them. I still think we have a good team and will have the opportunities to win some more games this year. On a positive note unc got beat today by N.D. Don't care for ND especially and I think they should either be all the way ACC or all the way independent but they beat the heels . The only disappointment was N.D gave the heels 10 points. OFC

Reactions: mtipp4 and Mac9192
Ashame. I certainly wasn’t expecting this. Was hoping to get a 5th win considering Florida State is next.

Poor fundamental football lost this game. Duke looked like they hadnt practiced all week. At this point Daniel Jones is the most disappointing sophomore qb in the country. Duke has 6 tds in its last 3 games, and 2 of those have been scored by its defense....Jones a frightening 14-42 today, as poor a job by a Duke qb I have ever seen. And I have seen a lot of em. OFC

Poor fundamental football lost this game. Duke looked like they hadnt practiced all week. At this point Daniel Jones is the most disappointing sophomore qb in the country. Duke has 6 tds in its last 3 games, and 2 of those have been scored by its defense....Jones a frightening 14-42 today, as poor a job by a Duke qb I have ever seen. And I have seen a lot of em. OFC
Dude, we had so many passes the receivers could have laid out for and they didn't make a play on the ball. Number 82 sucks.

Dude, we had so many passes the receivers could have laid out for and they didn't make a play on the ball. Number 82 sucks.
Look I don't follow the football team all that close, and I have no idea how good number 82 is, but 14-42 out of a college qb seems to be a starting point for where some of the problems were. That's not a bad average if you're playing baseball.

Sure the receivers are not doing a good job of separation and there were drops, and some poor efforts. However Jones should check off better as well. He SELDOM targets the TEs and thats only going to free up the wideouts! Did you watch the whole game? He locked in on Rahming 80% of his first 15 throws I bet! He also had two picked off including a PICK SIX. Guess our guys should have "laid out" for those too, "dude."

33% completion rate does not fall at end of day on your receivers. As our own commentator Dave Harding said "Virginia has Daniel's number." They've picked 7 of his passes in the two times he's faced the Cavs.ABYSMAL..

OFC

Sure the receivers are not doing a good job of separation and there were drops, and some poor efforts. However Jones should check off better as well. He SELDOM targets the TEs and thats only going to free up the wideouts! Did you watch the whole game? He locked in on Rahming 80% of his first 15 throws I bet! He also had two picked off including a PICK SIX. Guess our guys should have "laid out" for those too, "dude."

33% completion rate does not fall at end of day on your receivers. As our own commentator Dave Harding said "Virginia has Daniel's number." They've picked 7 of his passes in the two times he's faced the Cavs.ABYSMAL..

OFC
Dude, there like passes that could have been TD"s that the receivers didn't go after. Yep, Jones needs to do some soul searching but it takes a team to make the passing game work. A lot of it has to do Cut because even when Sirk was there they lock on the first read.

Dude, there like passes that could have been TD"s that the receivers didn't go after. Yep, Jones needs to do some soul searching but it takes a team to make the passing game work. A lot of it has to do Cut because even when Sirk was there they lock on the first read.

Sure Chris Taylor dropped a TD, but that only neutralizes the pick 6. Besides every qb has to count on a few drops every week. Then he he has to adjust and move on. Jones did not....I have been hard on Jones but I never said he "sucked," like you said Taylor (82) did. He caught a bomb from NW at home 2nd game of season, beautiful play by both. End of day its on qb to get his team in end zone. I guess Jones 5 ints against UVA LAST YR WERE our receivers fault TOO using your TWISTED LOGIC... OFC

Sure Chris Taylor dropped a TD, but that only neutralizes the pick 6. Besides every qb has to count on a few drops every week. Then he he has to adjust and move on. Jones did not....I have been hard on Jones but I never said he "sucked," like you said Taylor (82) did. He caught a bomb from NW at home 2nd game of season, beautiful play by both. End of day its on qb to get his team in end zone. I guess Jones 5 ints against UVA LAST YR WERE our receivers fault TOO using your TWISTED LOGIC... OFC

Dude, i just said Jones needs to do some soul searching but there where many 50/50 balls down field that we did not fight for. #82 had two that he made no effort on. I guess I should have wrote that in all caps to give me more creditably.

Dude, i just said Jones needs to do some soul searching but there where many 50/50 balls down field that we did not fight for. #82 had two that he made no effort on. I guess I should have wrote that in all caps to give me more creditably.

Lol, CREDIBILITY-"dude." OFC

Jones is still young. I think he was injured his senior year in high school. He didn't come into college as polished as Rosen or some of the higher rated QBs.

I still think he can become an excellent college QB. I agree that the receivers didn't do him any favors. And of course the OL isn't first rate this year either. I'm still hoping for improvement this year but mainly I'd like to get 2 more wins to get to a bowl.

Reactions: Skeelow22
I would like 2 more wins (at minimum) to get to a bowl as well. I really thought we would beat UVA.

What 2 games on the schedule would you all consider the best chances of wins?

Jones is still young. I think he was injured his senior year in high school. He didn't come into college as polished as Rosen or some of the higher rated QBs.

I still think he can become an excellent college QB. I agree that the receivers didn't do him any favors. And of course the OL isn't first rate this year either. I'm still hoping for improvement this year but mainly I'd like to get 2 more wins to get to a bowl.

Somebody has to lay some blame at Daniel. A 33% day throwing the ball, 2 for ints, 1 for pick 6 and only gaining 124 yds in air is not all on the receivers. Incidentally the OL blocked much better Saturday too....OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT