ADVERTISEMENT

duke football news

Respectfully disagree on Scottie as a better candidate DI than Trooper. No way I would have any faith in him as kid or parent after train wreck at ECU.

OFC
I did not say Scottie was a good candidate, only that he had a better resume than Trooper. Neither one of them are good head coach candidates. OFC

So Peeples, Leonard, Stinson,Hamm,and another seldom used DB gone into the portal so far. Others?

OFC

This is a tough situation for Nina. She doesn't want to hurry and I'm sure some coaches with ethics (that excludes some coaches we know) will want to wait until their season is over including a conference championship game. On the other hand, with the portal opening, she's got to act quickly because "don't worry, we'll hire a good coach" only buys you so much time.

Next week sounds about right.
The portal has already been open for Duke's players -- a 30-day window applies when a coach leaves. That's how Riley and Jaden Watkins are able to enter the portal already (Peebles, Stinson and Ham are, I think, grad transfers).

So Peeples, Leonard, Stinson,Hamm,and another seldom used DB gone into the portal so far. Others?

OFC
That's it as of 10:15 a.m. Friday.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Surf, are you talking about Sumrall, the Troy coach? Because Pat Summerall, the old Giant and announcer, is no longer available.

What do you know about Sumrall? And has he been interviewed?

Yes the Troy coach. It is my understanding there is interest but no interview yet because he is prepping for a conference championship game tomorrow. I would think Sunday/Monday it would happen. There have been Lots of coaches that have reached out through agents to that search company. Duke has been going through the list and picking who they are interested in and setting up interviews. One thing Elko did right was show how well Duke can play if a properly motivated coaching staff is in place.
FYI the renovations on the locker room is evidently underway. Once again that had not been done before. That money we spent before was on the field, stands and the tower.

Yes the Troy coach. It is my understanding there is interest but no interview yet because he is prepping for a conference championship game tomorrow. I would think Sunday/Monday it would happen. There have been Lots of coaches that have reached out through agents to that search company. Duke has been going through the list and picking who they are interested in and setting up interviews. One thing Elko did right was show how well Duke can play if a properly motivated coaching staff is in place.
FYI the renovations on the locker room is evidently underway. Once again that had not been done before. That money we spent before was on the field, stands and the tower.
How would you list the top 5 candidates right now in order or not?

Thanks Surf. My impression is that Elko insisted on a number of upgrades, not the least of which was getting California king beds for the players, which is the kind of little thing that makes a difference with the players.
Back in my day, we didn’t even have beds. We had to sleep standing up in the closet, j/k never played

the national guys seem to think knowles, diaz, summerall and gibson the nc state dc with pick soon
the local guys are saying that we are doing interview next monday thru wednesday in vegas at the NFF convention
this is how it went last time with elmo being announced friday am.

OFC
the national guys seem to think knowles, diaz, summerall and gibson the nc state dc with pick soon
the local guys are saying that we are doing interview next monday thru wednesday in vegas at the NFF convention
this is how it went last time with elmo being announced friday am.
Elko is on Finebaum saying that in two years he did things never before done at Duke? Like what exactly? A natty? An Acc title? A Major bowl win? This guy needs to sit down.

Elko is on Finebaum saying that in two years he did things never before done at Duke? Like what exactly? A natty? An Acc title? A Major bowl win? This guy needs to sit down.
Elmo is full of it. Only thing I can come up with in my lifetime is winning seasons and bowl bids for a Duke coach in the first two years.

Spurrier still best in my lifetime. Undefeated (3-0) vs UNC, a state title (wins over other three Big Four schools in '89), a bowl bid and ACC title in '89. Btw, Spurrier was 7-3-1 in '88, plenty good for a bowl bid in this era! Screw Elmo!! OFC

Elmo is full of it. Only thing I can come up with in my lifetime is winning seasons and bowl bids for a Duke coach in the first two years.

Spurrier still best in my lifetime. Undefeated (3-0) vs UNC, a state title (wins over other three Big Four schools in '89), a bowl bid and ACC title in '89. Btw, Spurrier was 7-3-1 in '88, plenty good for a bowl bid in this era! Screw Elmo!! OFC
Seriously he can go eff off. Good riddance to this POS. Did I miss where we won an Orange Bowl under him? Pretty sure we are the only team in North Carolina to have done that and it was not him (Murray). Did he win an ACC Championship? No, it was Spurrier and Murray (6x). Did he get to the ACC Championship game? No, that was Cut. Did he beat the cheats? No.

He can get away with that BS as it is Duke football and no one will call him out. If anyone looks into everything, it stinks to all holy hell. I want someone to be Alex Smith to his Tom Brady BS.

The more he runs his mouth, the more obvious it becomes that Elko's only intention was to use Duke to promote hiw own future, and not to help Duke establish a lasting football tradition. His secret Interview at Michigan State. His accepting the A & M job just after Stoopes rejected it. Lying about returning for a third year. Not bothering to address the Duke Players in person before he left. OFC

He walked senior day. No surprise that Oben is gone but the transfer portal is new. He had been invited to the senior bowl and was thought to be prepping for the NFL but the portal means he has declined the senior bowl invite. Kinda surprising

Going to face UCF again on December 22. Adam Rowe reporting Nina King worked hard to not let it be a worse bowl. I wanted better but silver lining, nice early bowl game, finish the season, and the guys who have been through a turbulent and emotional few weeks get an extra week break and spend Christmas at home.

What the ever loving f. ESPN.com on bowl mathups had us going to Tampa to play UCF.

Last edited:
I just heard it has been changed to the Birmingham Bowl to play Troy.

Last edited:
Reactions: hart2chesson
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT