ADVERTISEMENT

duke football news

FYI so far Graham Barton, RJ Oben and DeWayne Carter have all been invited to the Reeses senior bowl. Cut may have been a bad coach the last few years but (with Elkos help developing) he sure was still recruiting solid players.

Last edited:
Reactions: Devilinside
Well gameday has arrived!! It will be interesting to see if the defense decides to play today!! Pitt is another 3-8 team, so we sure don't need to loose to them!! If we do , our bowl game will be the lowest of the lowest!! I think we come to play knowing a winning season is at stake!! GO DUKE!!

OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
happy with the win today. team showed heart. so happy to beat pitt. it is going to be really interesting to see who stays and who goes out of that massive group that walked today. peebles is the #1 guy we want back in my mind. a second one i would like back is our punter. i know that sounds crazy but he is just a weapon. look at todays box score. he had 14+ yds per punt more than the pitt punter. thats huge!

so i was watching a colin cowherd you tube clip where they were talking about so cals issues. he and his guest were talking about how much smaller the usc lines were in comparison to texas, bama and the perennial powers. this got me thinking about dukes recruiting and strength training under elko. as was mentioned again and again during the clemson game, was that we ''looked as big and as athletic'' as the tigers. where we ran into trouble this year was when the starters went down and our back-ups were meh. i think you win at the line of scrimmage so i went and relooked at last year and this years recruiting.
OT
caleb dorris 6'6'' 265 lbs
ethan hubbard 6'6'' 285 lbs
robert bourdon 6'6'' 290 lbs
jack small 6'6.5'' 285 lbs
mason wade 6'5'' 290 lbs
maybe it is just me but i like the bigger frames and weights of these kids we now go after.
IOL
reagan mccranie 6'2'' 310 lbs
gemyel allen 6'3'' 305 lbs
bradley smith 6'3'' 290 lbs
more large and round men.
DE
semaj turner 6'3'' 240 lbs
desmund alduge 6'4'' 252 lbs
tyshon reed 6'4'' 225 lbs
jaylen carl 6'4'' 250 lbs
kobe smith (de/olb pass rush kid) 6'3'' 200 lbs
still a little small in this spot. need to get a bit more height and weight if we want to get better at pass rush AND be able set the corner against the run. 6'5''and 268 lbs is the big boys average
DT
terry simmons 6' 3'' 300 lbs
david anderson 6'4'' 285 lbs
tony boggs 6'4'' 275 lbs
preston watson 6'2'' 270 lbs
ryan daly 6'1'' 275 lbs
i am okay here. kinda think 6'2'' to 6'4'' should be our target zone and i think we are hitting it.

overall i think we are getting bigger frames that can come in and get filled out in our S&C program. really happy with all these guys.

happy with the win today. team showed heart. so happy to beat pitt. it is going to be really interesting to see who stays and who goes out of that massive group that walked today. peebles is the #1 guy we want back in my mind. a second one i would like back is our punter. i know that sounds crazy but he is just a weapon. look at todays box score. he had 14+ yds per punt more than the pitt punter. thats huge!
Fwiw, Peebles didn't participate in Senior Day -- or at least, he wasn't on the list to do so. I'm not going to pretend that I tracked all 38 players who were announced vs. the list we got, but it seems like all signs already point to him returning.

Porter Wilson did go through Senior Day -- not sure if he wants to spend a sixth year in college. He's already got a degree and is in Fuqua School.

Conor any details on the "tense handshake" between Elko and Mack Brown after the UNC game??

OFC
Didn't see it but wouldn't put much stock in handshakes that occur when field is being rushed or court is being stormed. How many times did K have to clear those things up after court stormings?

I tweeted about a terse exchange between Elko and Mack during the game, but Elko told me at the following Monday presser that they were joking. Don't think there's any bad blood between them personally.

so one last follow up on this season. we will always look at this as the ''what if'' season. injuries really hit the back half of the season hard. i think all of us Duke fans will wince a little when we hear 4th and 16. we had the lead against ND with under a minute to go and were giving FLA ST all they could handle till riley got hurt again. our second string qb popped his shoulder and our 3rd string qb went 2 and 2 as a starter with his 2 losses being by 2 to unc and 3 to uva. both of those games were more about defensive injuries that really got us in the second half of the season. we STILL had very good wins. we beat an 8-4 clemson, a 9-3 nc state and a 7-5 northwestern team. we went undefeated at home in acc play. these players also gave us a second winning season in a row. i am really looking forward to the bowl game and then seeing how the transfer portal plays out. happy holiday to all of the Duke fans on this board

so one last follow up on this season. we will always look at this as the ''what if'' season. injuries really hit the back half of the season hard. i think all of us Duke fans will wince a little when we hear 4th and 16. we had the lead against ND with under a minute to go and were giving FLA ST all they could handle till riley got hurt again. our second string qb popped his shoulder and our 3rd string qb went 2 and 2 as a starter with his 2 losses being by 2 to unc and 3 to uva. both of those games were more about defensive injuries that really got us in the second half of the season. we STILL had very good wins. we beat an 8-4 clemson, a 9-3 nc state and a 7-5 northwestern team. we went undefeated at home in acc play. these players also gave us a second winning season in a row. i am really looking forward to the bowl game and then seeing how the transfer portal plays out. happy holiday to all of the Duke fans on this board
Well said. Having said that, I am still ticked at Jeff Flanagan's crew for the cheats game, lesser extent FSU game, and the inability to even run simple game management

Now that puts a nice spin on it!!! It's true: preseason I would have taken 7-5 and ran with it!!

OFC

Didn't see it but wouldn't put much stock in handshakes that occur when field is being rushed or court is being stormed. How many times did K have to clear those thingsT up after court stormings?

I tweeted about a terse exchange between Elko and Mack during the game, but Elko told me at the following Monday presser that they were joking. Don't think there's any bad blood between them personally.
Thanks sir!! I do hope Riley returns, in part for some unfinished business vs UNC next year! OFC

Mannnnn I thought maybe just maybe we’d have ourselves a football dynasty in the making….Texas A&M reallyyyyy why!? Wtf you think you gonna do there ..nada damn thing 👎

Rowe came out and said Elko told assistants he’s not made a decision
Shouldn’t be a decision lol. The terms of the contract are Incentive based….. “you get paid based on your performance” wtf and fk that. Why on gods creation would you even consider that amount of pressure to win to go to …Ta&m?? 😂🤣 man if he goes whata sellout idiot

jesus he is making just under 6 mil a year plus all his assistants just got raises. i think the lack of fan support at home games the last half of the season has a lot to do with his considering anm. i was at the pitt game and it was pathetic. as bad as their year went anm still were putting 80 thousand fans in the seats. i dont think we had 15 thousand show up. he has to be frustrated as to what he needs to do to bring in fans

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT