ADVERTISEMENT

duke football news

Nice summary, Conor. Yes, the weather can be the great equalizer, but as long as we hold onto the football, I think that will put us in good shape.

It kills me that I live 20 minutes from East Hartford, but had to be on the west coast this weekend. Last time we played at Rentschler, the UConn fans were pretty vulgar taunting me, my wife and 2 young sons (6 and 8 at the time). You’d have thought we were playing at Keenan. I’m looking forward to sticking it to them this time, especially while Cooper Flagg is there.

Alli got at half, listening to the audio broadcast. How unaware is the person running the music at Connecticut to play "Everytime We Touch"?

Really good first half. Defense looks good. Offense is clicking. The only hmm aspect is that Riley can't hit a downfield (over 20 yd) pass. The announcers were saying that the Duke coaches are working on this because they realize it is the big hole in his game. His short and medium passing is on target and he is such an elusive runner. He figures out the long ball and he would be fantastic

Well very solid win. Wish we didn't give up that last minute score but oh well. Kinda frustrated with our running game but they played to stop it by bringing a safety up and lbs to the line to stuff the box. Opened up the passing game and even though Riley wasn't at his a+ level we still moved the ball well.
On to next week

I thought this was our O lines’ weakest effort of the season - way too many penalties, and it looked like UConn’s line pushed ours around a bit, even taking into account Surf’s correct observation about stuffing the box. But otherwise we played well. Not sure why Grayson played while Henry didn’t, especially given Henry’s home is not far away. Any ideas?

GameDay to Durham, officially official. Here's the release from Duke:

DURHAM – ESPN's College GameDay will travel to Duke this coming weekend as the Blue Devils host Notre Dame.

The traveling three-hour pregame college football show is hosted by Rece Davis with analysts Desmond Howard, Kirk Herbstreit, Pat McAfee and Lee Corso joining the set.

Additional fan and parking information will be announced later this week.

The game between Duke and Notre Dame kicks off at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 30 on ABC.

GameDay to Durham, officially official. Here's the release from Duke:

DURHAM – ESPN's College GameDay will travel to Duke this coming weekend as the Blue Devils host Notre Dame.

The traveling three-hour pregame college football show is hosted by Rece Davis with analysts Desmond Howard, Kirk Herbstreit, Pat McAfee and Lee Corso joining the set.

Additional fan and parking information will be announced later this week.

The game between Duke and Notre Dame kicks off at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 30 on ABC.
So excited about this, the recognition this gives us is gonna be amazing for our program. I’m confident the team will put up a very good show against ND at the very least, and I think we can really win it too. Exciting times to look forward to

Glad to see Carter get the touchdown. Players like him staying the course when so many players transfer now a days means a lot for the program. He is a leader for that defense
I was more thrilled for him before I remembered he scored against A&T last year. Spread the wealth and lateral that thing, DeWayne!

(this is a joke; if you can score, score.)

If Riley starts to hit the long ball with some consistency, watch out for Duke as the season progresses. He obviously can run, and has the short/medium pass range game down quite well.He also has the intangibles of a winner, and leader!! This is a great week for all diehard Duke football fans!!

OFC

Conor, still no word oin why Grayson got snaps and Henry didn’t against UConn? Is it simply that the staff feels Henry is already game-ready?

Conor, still no word oin why Grayson got snaps and Henry didn’t against UConn? Is it simply that the staff feels Henry is already game-ready?
Still no word and won't have any until Thursday at earliest.

My educated guess would be the staff pegged the UConn game as one of his 4 regular-season games. Henry already used his 4-game redshirt last year, so he can play as much as they want this year. Grayson only has 4 games this year -- and he's used two of them. It's kind of tough to peg an ACC game as one you're planning to play a 3rd-string QB, you know?

So instead of throwing Henry in there, and then either shoehorning Grayson in at the end or missing a chance to get him significant reps, they skipped to the end step of getting Grayson in.

Hey Conor, I just saw you on ACC network a couple hours ago! You are younger than I realized and a good looking guy.

I have to take issue with your taking Hartman as the better QB. I think Riley's ability to turn losses into gains and sometimes big gains is a game changer and may be a factor in the game Saturday. But I know you're a Wake guy and I respect that (even if you're wrong!).

Ha, I appreciate that @Liftee!

Certainly put me on the spot with that one. I don't know ... honestly, catch me on a different day and I might say Riley. It's just hard for me to say the second-year starter is better than the ACC's all-time leader in TD passes, you know?

I bet Hartman was glad to get away from that weird offense Wake runs. The pros can better see how he can run an offense in the ND scheme. I just hope Duke can get some pressure on him and make him move around more than he wants to.

man the list of recruits coming to this game is amazing. this will be a watershed moment for us.
It is crazy, we've got Jadon Blair, Alex Payne, Jordan Young, and Shamari Earls coming as 4* in 2025, and this a repeat trip for both Young (No. 1 ATH in 2025 according to 247) and Earls.

And for 2026, we've got 5* TE/EDGE Kendre Harrison, a local prospect who is an electrifying prospect on the football field and a 4* recruit in Bball too.

Exciting times

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT