ADVERTISEMENT

duke football news

I don't want to get too optimistic until these guys actually give written commitments. I hope they aren't using Duke as a stepping stone.

Still, the buzz being created about Duke football is impressive and encouraging.

BOOM first one verbals
terry simmons a 6'2'' 298lb dt
P5 offers include duke, ga tech, iowa st, minnesota, northwestern and wake
lots of good mid level offers also
5.7 on rivals

next one at 6 or so
FANTASTIC surf!!! Keep that train a rollin!!!! OFC

BOOM quran boyd 5'10'' 185lb athlete commits
from va beach area which is rare to get some one from
said he is a slot wr/rb option per his conversations with the coaches

9th commit in 7 days. wow
fyi they have another big group in this weekend so hopefully we keep rolling.
i think they are going to 24 to 26 for total commits this year

I wonder if players who commit to Duke are under-ranked because it's Duke and not an SEC school, just like when someone commits to Duke Basketball their ranking usually shoots up.

i think rivals throws out 5.4 or 5.5 on guys they havent looked at just to give a score.
kendall johnson is rated a high 3 star by both espn and 247. a 5.4 is just a joke that hopefully they will regrade

Reactions: geddoughton23
I wonder if players who commit to Duke are under-ranked because it's Duke and not an SEC school, just like when someone commits to Duke Basketball their ranking usually shoots up.
I suspect that it is much more of a factor in football. There are only so many high school players 6'8" and taller. A scout can see 90 of the top 130 high school basketball players by attending the Peach Jam and a few other events

In football, there aren't many 260+ pounds athletes, but it's still difficult to figure out who is really dominant on the line. Plus, there are about 1,000 highly recruited football players in a class

Reactions: surfdevil
Routinely almost it seems in college football, it happens. If Alabama, Clemson, OSU poached a 3 star Blue Devil, chances are good he would be upgraded to a 4 star.

HC Mike Elko and staff are having an outstanding recruiting haul to this point. I am sure the usual poaching suspects like Mack Brown, Dave Doeren, etc will try to swoop in like vultures at some point.

OFC

Routinely almost it seems in college football, it happens. If Alabama, Clemson, OSU poached a 3 star Blue Devil, chances are good he would be upgraded to a 4 star.

HC Mike Elko and staff are having an outstanding recruiting haul to this point. I am sure the usual poaching suspects like Mack Brown, Dave Doeren, etc will try to swoop in like vultures at some point.

OFC
I’m sure you’re right, H2C. But I’m hoping that whatever attracted these kids to Duke with a new Head Coach awaiting them will still ring true and be persuasive. The biggest risk to us will be if we stink it up this fall and rival coaches will say “same ol’, same ol’”. Some serious progress on the field this year will go a long way to solidifying our verbals. And maybe even make us the poachers instead of the poachees!

spencer jones 6'3'' 190lb wr
P5 offers from duke, maryland, va tech, wva
big body and lots of speed
think we got a steal here. evidently only played just a couple of games last year but dont forget our new wr coach was at maryland last year and knew his talent. i kinda trust him.
the wr room rebuild is going strong.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT