ADVERTISEMENT

duke football news

UNC is favored by 10.5 and the total is 63.5. The implied score is UNC 37 Duke 26. I think that there is a 70% chance that UNC scores 37 or more. There are some sites that allow you to bet on the total for either team. I don't have a feel for Duke's total, but I'll guess that UNC scores 41 or 42.

We have to take Williams out of the game or slow him down. He is not super fast but breaks a lot of tackles. I sorta pull for him being from a small high school in NC when he is not playing Duke

Javonte Williams is the best example of recruiting misses. He was the valedictorian at Wallace Rose Hill. UNC only offered after he ran wild in the state championship game. He had plenty of offers from Ivy League Schools and FCS, but almost no interest from the Power 5

Reactions: kingbluedevil
A lot of kids get overlooked playing at the 1a and 2a schools. Carolina signed 3 kids at East Surry last year and they are 1aa. I expect them to see playing time next year

Reactions: geddoughton23
I'd like to just throw this out for comment. Daniel Jones threw a bunch of int's while at Duke. He is now doing the same with the Giants. Chase Bryce is following closely in Daniel's college footsteps. Given these facts, is Cut really a QB whisperer? I think not. Maybe 10-12 years ago. But not now. Facts are facts.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I'd like to just throw this out for comment. Daniel Jones threw a bunch of int's while at Duke. He is now doing the same with the Giants. Chase Bryce is following closely in Daniel's college footsteps. Given these facts, is Cut really a QB whisperer? I think not. Maybe 10-12 years ago. But not now. Facts are facts.

Agree w/you. Nothing but respect and admiration for Daniel's numerous accomplishments at Duke. However I think he benefitted from the typical Duke schedule in his career. Our conference records were subpar.
every year. Now obviously Jones had OTHER FACTORS working against him (soft OL,dropped balls, etc) but the INTs were a factor as they are now. Cut made a very early decision in Daniel's career DJ was his man however, and it benefitted Daniel.

Chase has been largely a disaster to this point in the season. I will scream with glee from the rooftops if he leads us to a W over UNC, but the 2-5 record magnifies the INTs EVEN MORE. Cut misfired on judgment of Bryce's true abilities, and has shown little or no ability to "coach him up" so to speak. Talking to some other Duke fans more in know than myself, they insist Chase was promised he would be THE MAN if he transferred to Duke. Regardless I agree totally w/your assessment. OFC

GAMEDAY.....

Well its that time. Duke vs Carolina and perhaps a game with REVENGE written on it more than most annual renewals of the rivalry.The ill fated hb pass that resulted in an INT by Carolina in the final seconds last year, when we gifted away victory at the goal line. It was a mediocre Duke team at best vs a pretty decent UNC team that squeaked out a bowl trip while we stayed home at 5-7.

Flash forward a year later. Duke is even worse IMO with largely an anemic offense, a lost quarterback and an offensive unit that resembles the Keystone Kops in the red zone, and showcases punts and turnovers. The head coach and OC (same of course) has no clue how to right the ship, and can a blowout vs Charlotte REALLY BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY????

UNC meanwhile has blossomed, even ascending to a #5 ranking under Mack Brown. In fact UNC has SO MUCH offensive talent they should be UNDEFEATED now, if not for poor coaching vs weaker FSU and UVA squads.Qb Sam Howell is a player I believe we will see prominently on NFL SUNDAYS, their running game is a beast of an attack, and Howell has fleet receivers with good hands. In short, UNC offense is TOTAL OPPOSITE of Duke.

This game appears to be "The Perfect Storm" for UNC to name the score. Frankly I think the odds makers underestimated on the line, which shows North Carolina an 11.5 favorite at this writing. My heart as always ACHES for a Duke win, says its a huge rivalry game, Duke will play over its head and squeak out a win. My head says UNC in a blowout of neighborhood of 52-20. I will be watching and cheering for our Devils though as I have for 55 years. The game is scheduled for high noon on ESPN2.
#LetsGoDuke

OFC

I agree that coaching can put a player in a position to be successful but a lot of times it comes down to the individual to be able to make the play. The Giants have been in about every game with a realistic chance to win but Daniel just hasn't been able to make good decisions when the game is on the line. Once he wins a few close games he may gain the confidence he needs for the game to slow down for him. He will have a short stay as a starter if this doesn't change.

I agree that coaching can put a player in a position to be successful but a lot of times it comes down to the individual to be able to make the play. The Giants have been in about every game with a realistic chance to win but Daniel just hasn't been able to make good decisions when the game is on the line. Once he wins a few close games he may gain the confidence he needs for the game to slow down for him. He will have a short stay as a starter if this doesn't change.
I hope you are right. 15 int's and counting so far this year.

Down 21-0 and looking like a high school team but they at least made a fashion statement w black pants and helmets. Duke men’s soccer looked as bad last night versus UNC. Hope winter sports are better.

Guys to be honest they are so much more talented than we are and they are imposing their will on us. I just hope for mercy, that we don't have injuries and they leave the visitors locker room in tact. OFC

Reactions: kingbluedevil
I hope Duke has contacted the Durham police because the visitors locker room is toast. Like our team, unfortunately.

This is so depressing and I just feel badly for Cut having his term ending like this. I just didn't see this season coming.

Reactions: skysdad
I’m with you guys on that Coastal Carolina guy.

Duke football has bottomed out. Seen a lot of bad Duke football over the years and it’s very bad again. Time for a coaching change.

Let Cut finish out the season. Thank him for his service and hire some young energetic go getter to revitalize the program.

we are really really really bad.

Amen surf, its beyond enbarrassing.
I’m with you guys on that Coastal Carolina guy.

Duke football has bottomed out. Seen a lot of bad Duke football over the years and it’s very bad again. Time for a coaching change.

Let Cut finish out the season. Thank him for his service and hire some young energetic go getter to revitalize the program.

Completely agree. Let that young coach, bring his own staff too if he desires. We're starting over, again- just like in 2008. Cut started then and slowly built Duke into a winning program and a Coastal Division Champion. After 2 more winning campaigns, the program gradually began to erode, and Cut has managed to completely tear down what he built up.

Kevin White needs to get serious, hire a search committee and lets rebuild. ..AGAIN....OFC

Reactions: Devilinside
Not sure why I continue to tune in every week. Same crap different week. Cut gotta go and start fresh. I know it’s not gonna happen but one can dream.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Clemson gave up 47 last night. It was in overtime so that number is exaggerated, but really talented players could not stop Notre Dame. I'm probably crazy, but I don't think that Clemson's defensive coaching is anything special

Clemson gave up 47 last night. It was in overtime so that number is exaggerated, but really talented players could not stop Notre Dame. I'm probably crazy, but I don't think that Clemson's defensive coaching is anything special

Clemson's defense for sure isn't what it has been. OFC

Clemson's defense for sure isn't what it has been. OFC
You guys do realize their defense was really short handed. They finished the game with a lot of true freshman playing. One of the freshman was probably top player in NC last year

The QB was on the sideline touching his mouth every 30 seconds. He should have been in the game, or back in Clemson. Walking the sideline was ridiculous. They were playing eight five stars and three four stars. Yet they couldn't get a stop

The QB was on the sideline touching his mouth every 30 seconds. He should have been in the game, or back in Clemson. Walking the sideline was ridiculous. They were playing eight five stars and three four stars. Yet they couldn't get a stop
Was somewhat surprised to see Lawrence on sideline last nite. Not a good look when a national pandemic is upon us.

OFC

I was thinking the same thing about the QB. He was in the huddles and all over the place.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT