ADVERTISEMENT

duke football news

Healy is doing an amazing job. I thought that Charlotte football would be a flop. Charlotte high school football is really good. It's possible that Charlotte will surpass East Carolina and Appalachian State. The game will be a good measuring stick. I give Coach Cutcliffe credit for scheduling the game. I think that the spread should be about 8. It's currently 10.5

Reactions: PixelDevil
Hope the week off helps us. If we don't have a bunch of turnovers, I think can win going away. BUT, if we have a bunch of turnovers, which has been our pattern, this could be embarrassing!! GO DUKE, it's time we turned the corner!!!
OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
Healy is doing an amazing job. I thought that Charlotte football would be a flop. Charlotte high school football is really good. It's possible that Charlotte will surpass East Carolina and Appalachian State. I give Coach Cutciiffe credit for scheduling the game. I think that the spread should be about 8. It's currently 10.56

You're spot on about Healy ged. Keep a watchful eye on him Kevin White!! OFC

Hope the week off helps us. If we don't have a bunch of turnovers, I think can win going away. BUT, if we have a bunch of turnovers, which has been our pattern, this could be embarrassing!! GO DUKE, it's time we turned the corner!!!
OFC

JCD AGREED!!! Its time we've turned the corner, and so far around the bend its not even in rear view! OFC

Jamey Chadwell will receive many interview requests. His Coastal Carolina team is 6-0, and ranked #20. Today, CCU beat a decent Georgia State team 51-0. And his wife is stunning. Indicates that he can recruit

Not gonna lie boys, a little conflicted on this one. Charlotte is where I went for undergrad, and they actually have a chance of making a bowl at this point. Will be rooting for a good game.

so 24-7 at half. solid first half by duke. my only meh moments are letting charlotte mount a 17 play scoring drive on us and the play call on 4th and inches. just never understand putting a qb in the shot gun when you only have 6 inches to go. you are spotting the defense 5 yds.

man we have given up 4 0f 4 conversions on 4th down. d must play better than that

No doubt about that. Can't understand that. On a side bar the cheating heels are down at the half to UVA but they are really getting screwed again by the officials. The heels have been penalized 3 times for 40 yards while UVA has only had 5 penalties for 38 yards. Come on now what's going on with that. I'm sure mack will get the officials attention at halftime and it will be a different ball game. OFC

Last edited:
No doubt about that. Can't understand that. On a side bar the cheating heels are down at the half to UVA but they are really getting screwed again by the officials. The heels have been penalized 3 times for 40 yards while UVA has only had 5 penalties for 38 yards. Come on now what's going on with that. I'm sure mack will get the officials attention at halftime and it will be a different ball game. OFC
duke win and a Unc loss? Been a while since we've seen that, would make for a great Halloween.

Virginia only punted twice. UNC fumbled one for an easy Virginia TD. UNC had zero punts. 5 TDs, 2 FGs, 1 lost fumble, and the worst was running out the first half clock on a backwards pass on first and goal at the 2 with twelve seconds remaining

Virginia only punted twice. UNC fumbled one for an easy Virginia TD. UNC had zero punts. 5 TDs, 2 FGs, 1 lost fumble, and the worst was running out the first half clock on a backwards pass on first and goal at the 2 with twelve seconds remaining

ged no shame in EVER losing to UVA. Bronco Mendenhall's boys aren't having a good year, but I think he's among the best coaches nationwide. UNC is among the country's best teams, and Duke we'll be lucky to keep it respectable next week.

I am thrilled by the Blue Devils performance, but realize it was only Charlotte and may just be a case of fools gold for Duke. It was nonetheless nice to see us come prepared, make explosive plays, score in the red zone and have a solid win.

However I must admit Charlotte is not even as good as I thought, and we'll find out next week how good Duke can be rest of season. A deep and talented and ANGRY UNC team comes to Durham. OFC

Last edited:
Just hope they don't vandalize our visiters locker room and go out of the way blindside any of our players when coming in the field for a substitution. If they beat u clean and be respectful to our facility I can deal with that. OFC

Reactions: geddoughton23
ged no shame in EVER losing to UVA. Bronco Mendenhall's boys aren't having a good year, but I think he's among the best coaches nationwide. UNC is among the country's best teams, and Duke we'll be lucky to keep it respectable next week.

I am thrilled by the Blue Devils performance, but realize it was only Charlotte and may just be a case of fools gold for Duke. It was nonetheless nice to see us come prepared, make explosive plays, score in the red zone and have a solid win.

However I must admit Charlotte is not even as good as I thought, and we'll find out next week how good Duke can be rest of season. A deep and talented and ANGRY UNC team comes to Durham. OFC
I was satisfied with the result of the game. 4 offsides penalties, inability to stop Charlotte on 4th down and majority of 3d down plays, impotent passing game, too many missed tackles, and resulting inability stop long drives are major concerns against the CHEATS. Defense appeared tired again late in game and was pushed around some by Charlotte OL.

Last edited:
so some final game time stats
charlotte had 177 yds rushing
held their qbs to 18-36 for 177 yds and a 4.8 yd avg
uncc lost 2 fumbles

duke was 10-17 for 127 yds and a 7.5 avg 1 td
34 rushes for 274 yds 8.1 avg and 6 tds
defense had 5 sacks
8 tfl
1 missed extra point

If Duke can run the ball next week (big if) then UNC can be beat. It will take an almost flawless offensive game.

Duke wins next week, the season is a success regardless of the games where we stunk it up. It's a weird year.

UNC CANNOT stop a running QB. The secondary is a mess. They can't watch both the QB and the receiver. UNC had 10 pretty good DBs in preseason. Down to 4 now due to covid-19 opt outs, injury and academic casualty.

UNC CANNOT stop a running QB. The secondary is a mess. They can't watch both the QB and the receiver. UNC had 10 pretty good DBs in preseason. Down to 4 now due to covid-19 opt outs, injury and academic casualty.

ged you have no worries. Chase Brice is no more a running qb than this old man.I think UNC has as much PURE TALENT as almost anyone, particularly on offense. I am convinced with a better HEAD COACH they would be UNBEATEN now. Mack has a great staff, but he lacks some necessary preparation skills. He was simply outcoached by FSU AND UVA. However if they come to play, I dont see North Carolina losing again this year.

Certainly on Saturday I will be pulling for Duke ( i have watched or listen to about 55 Duke- UNC games), but I am not kidding myself. You guys can probably name the score, and may have us 14-0 in first 5 minutes. Here's to a physical, but clean rivalry game. OFC

Reactions: geddoughton23
Under Larry Fedora, and now under Mack Brown, practice is held early in the morning. Even when I was 20, there's no way I could practice football at 7:00 a.m. I'm probably being ridiculous, but UNC seems to play a little better in the afternoon than at night

Under Larry Fedora, and now under Mack Brown, practice is held early in the morning. Even when I was 20, there's no way I could practice football at 7:00 a.m. I'm probably being ridiculous, but UNC seems to play a little better in the afternoon than at night

You may have something there ged. Thats all the reason for me to be fearful of an even larger lopsided score Saturday. I will be glad when Sam Howell goes pro, and then I can pull for him on Sundays. I agree with Sky, hes a terrific player. OFC

Last edited:
Dukes only chance is ball control because Carolina receivers and running backs are talented. Their weakness is defense.

Agree King! Ball control is a must: Cut must call almost a flawless game, we have to have a run game, throw ball reasonably well and minimize turnovers. Seems almost impossible, but we"ll see and hope.I personally think a 10.5 line is too low, and would take UNC and give the points!!

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT