ADVERTISEMENT

DUKE ELON GAMEDAY THREAD

christophero

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
May 2, 2017
Since there is no thread here we go. Duke is up 85-52 with 2 minutes to go. Leading scorers are Keels (19), Banchero and Moore with 12 each, Roach with 11, Williams with 8, Baker with 6 and AJ with 5. Leading rebounder is Banchero with 9. I did not see the game just the box score as I was Christmas shopping. Seems like a good outing for our guys. 87-56 final. AJ had 5 rebounds and played 20 minutes.

Last edited:
Banchero and Williams have been a little quiet the last few games. Hope we don't get too 3 happy, as those 3's may not fall on the road. Banchero did have 12 and 9. VT is capable of beating us if we don't play well. Luckily the game is at home.

Reactions: AlanInNJ
Offensive rebounding poorly will catch up with this team in close games .
Paolo and Williams are fine it’s just the entry pass or rather lack of is killing their ability to score unless off of put backs and fast breaks.
I don’t see Griffin starting this season but his confidence is growing and he hustles .
Bates Jones is a head scratcher for me. I know we say this every year but his shooting should get him on the floor. I think every game he’s played in his first three point attempt has been makes except maybe one .

Bates is just so slow and would weaken our defense (kinda like Hurt did). Shooting is really all he brings. Even Baker has more tools. I like him, but I can't imagine him playing regular minutes in league play unless we have an injury.

Bates is just so slow and would weaken our defense (kinda like Hurt did). Shooting is really all he brings. Even Baker has more tools. I like him, but I can't imagine him playing regular minutes in league play unless we have an injury.
I don’t expect him to play much but he hustles.

I like Bates Jones too but he seems like insurance in case Banchero, Mark or Theo get injured or sick. Or if we have bad foul trouble. Him and Blakes are out of the regular rotation at the moment.

Blake’s reminds me of a freshman Moore a little. You can see the tools to play at this level but putting it all together looks harder for him in terms of the game slowing down for him.

Another thing I’ve noticed besides us trying to rely on easy points to score is we leave our feet and try to block to many 3 point/long 2 point shots we have zero chance of blocking instead of just getting a hand in their face, turning around and putting a body on somebody crashing the boards.

I finally got to watch the game yesterday. As mentioned, these last three primer games were just what they were supposed to be. Easy cruising games. I too worry that after some solid 3 point shooting we will fall in love with the 3 ball. I wish we had gone inside more to Mark/Banchero/John if nothing else but to get them some reps in live game situation. Still, I was happy to see Joey hit a few and to see Keels put up some good numbers. Lot's of energy to ride into ACC play!

I thought AJ showed some flashes of brilliance in this game, and not just scoring. He's solid defender, good rebounder for his size, and he hustles. He's gonna be important to our tourney run. I still like him coming off the bench, but I see him getting solid minutes moving forward.

Reactions: christophero
I'm still worried that the team we see against the weaklings at Cameron will bear no resemblance to the team at ACC away games. With the league so weak, the Duke game will be the only marquis game on anyone's schedule. Can this team take everyone else's best shot and still keep its composure?

I'm still worried that the team we see against the weaklings at Cameron will bear no resemblance to the team at ACC away games. With the league so weak, the Duke game will be the only marquis game on anyone's schedule. Can this team take everyone else's best shot and still keep its composure?
It will certainly be the only true test because no one matches up with us this season.

Don’t tell @2 skerz 3, his head will explode. Roach, according to him, is the reason why Duke won’t win a title 😂
Holy stalker.....At least you only used 1 emoji in this post. Got damn your knees have to be sore every time Roach dribbles twice without turning it over. Gulp gulp my little stalker beta.

Holy stalker.....At least you only used 1 emoji in this post. Got damn your knees have to be sore every time Roach dribbles twice without turning it over. Gulp gulp my little stalker beta.
Beta? Coming from the clown who is bitching every 30 seconds, that’s novel.

Just be quiet and keep looking stupid. Roach played 36 minutes last night. K must not be taking your advice, eh? 😘

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT