ADVERTISEMENT

Official Gameday thread- Duke vs Maryland Eastern Shore

I think Lively is more important to this team than Whitehead, as we are deep on the wing. Whitehead looks raw. I get he was out, but this is game 8 or 9 for him. Still, he looked good against Iowa.
I agree. Lively and Young are such a great combo and with us not being a great shooting team, I feel like they need to give us what they do. Dariq gets a pass to an extent- but at some point he has to show something.

Reactions: christophero
39-21 Duke at the half.
Flip 12 points.
Proctor 7
Schutt 3
Young 2
Mitchell 2
Lively 5
Whitehead 2
Blakes 3
Grandison 2

Last edited:
39-21 Duke at the half.
Flip 12 points.
Proctor 7
Schutt 3
Young 2
Mitchell 2
Lively 5
Whitehead 2
Blakes 3
Hey you forgot Grandison with 2 points and a couple rebounds .

I’d be the assistant coach and pull Grandison for not shooting shots he can hit . That top of the key he was set and should have shot it .

I see progress in Lively. The minutes have been spread around, as they should. If Roach is okay, and we have plenty of time, this team can make a run. Mitchell has been a little quiet but I expect a spurt out of him in the second half.

I'd be really happy if we got year two out of Mitchell or Whitehead. Whithead could have a Patrick Baldwin type slide if he doesn't start hitting shots. Plenty of time I guess. He needs to show he can score against these guys. I realize someone will take a chance on Whitehead.

I'd be really happy if we got year two out of Mitchell or Whitehead. Whithead could have a Patrick Baldwin type slide if he doesn't start hitting shots. Plenty of time I guess.
Mitchell. Whitehead is going period . Get on your phone and call Grandison and please tell him to take his shot when he’s open . He kills me at times. He’s rebounding though but you can see his form is there but he needs to let it fly .

Last edited:
Whitehead is going in the lottery.

Thanks for calling Grandison at the half lol. He needs to simply shoot . Lively I’m with you on the second round .

Lively looks good. 8 and 6. We definitely need Roach back though. Guys like Young and Mitchell seem to feast in garbage time when teams are tired.

Reactions: sheyduke
Put Catchings in. Dude has had a great attitude; let him get some burn. Reeves too. Pretty uninspiring effort by us, considering the opponent.

Last edited:
Reactions: jamsession3
Schutt is 2-2 . Young is my dude he is just a true college player. I know I’m hard on Grandison but you can see he can play the game . I just want him to quit being timid . Rebounding he’s fine at but I want him to utilize his shot . Don’t mind him missing but I feel like he’s being to passive . We need these next three weeks of practice.

I like Grandison shooting. They aren’t going in but they aren’t bad shots. I want him to keep shooting .

Whitehead healthy is a problem !

Its a coastal directional school...even their nickname is umes......I'm glad we looked good but not sure these are valuable games. Schutt 2-2 is a nice outcome though

Short of Roach being out not much to complain about. The worst team we have played all season. BUT
Whitehead with 15
Schutt with 9.
Proctor with 15
Catchings and Reeves with 2.
Good job, now let's get our captain and only returning upperclassman back.

Short of Roach being out not much to complain about. The worst team we have played all season. BUT
Whitehead with 15
Schutt with 9.
Proctor with 15
Catchings and Reeves with 2.
Good job, now let's get our captain and only returning upperclassman back.
Flip with 14 and 7. It's just wild how good he's been and we don't even think to mention him because of what's he's done. Lucky to have him

We don’t have 19 without roach in. Valid concern, but the advantage being way smaller so is the ability to pick pockets open up. These are try out a few wrinkles games.

Whitehead is going in the lottery.

Thanks for calling Grandison at the half lol. He needs to simply shoot . Lively I’m with you on the second round .

As a top 5 recruit he is clearly OAD. That was almost written in stone.

But he is going to have to play better to be in the lottery. He may. Shooting and defense are the game in the NBA. He has to demonstrate that. Which would be great for us if he does! But I don’t see consistency or range in his shooting.

As a top 5 recruit he is clearly OAD. That was almost written in stone.

But he is going to have to play better to be in the lottery. He may. Shooting and defense are the game in the NBA. He has to demonstrate that. Which would be great for us if he does! But I don’t see consistency or range in his shooting.
Seriously you can’t see the talent ? He has a shot, a jumpers, he can attack the basket handle the ball and defend. Has size and these next ten days of actual practice will help him .

Reactions: pisgah101
Seriously you can’t see the talent ? He has a shot, a jumpers, he can attack the basket handle the ball and defend. Has size and these next ten days of actual practice will help him .

I agree.. you can definitely see it and hopefully yesterday was just a taste. We have such a high ceiling in a year where nobody is great again.. could be a great March

I definitely have hopes for March. This is a team that should only get better from month to month. It's a deep team with a lot of talent. Good inside game and as Proctor and Whitehead continue to progress, I think the concerns about outside shooting will subside. I agree about the no great teams out there statement, no juggernauts that I have seen. Will miss seeing Duke games for a while but practice is the next order of business.

Reactions: sheyduke
Flip looked bored out there yesterday. I think everyone except Blakes, Whitehead and Schutt kind of mailed it in, looking ahead to some time off. Roach is the guy who gets on his teammates if they aren't focused and he wasn't there.

I'm not sure Whitehead is fully back from his injury. The long jump shots don't help the team, he needs to take it to the basket or get within 10 feet to dominate with his strength and athleticism. If I'm the other coach, I'd let him take long 2 pointers or slightly contested 3s as much as he wants. Hoping the light goes on soon.

Lots of potential but lots of work to do too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT