ADVERTISEMENT

Official Gameday thread- Duke vs Maryland Eastern Shore

Flip looked bored out there yesterday. I think everyone except Blakes, Whitehead and Schutt kind of mailed it in, looking ahead to some time off. Roach is the guy who gets on his teammates if they aren't focused and he wasn't there.

I'm not sure Whitehead is fully back from his injury. The long jump shots don't help the team, he needs to take it to the basket or get within 10 feet to dominate with his strength and athleticism. If I'm the other coach, I'd let him take long 2 pointers or slightly contested 3s as much as he wants. Hoping the light goes on soon.

Lots of potential but lots of work to do too.
The issue with letting Whitehead do anything offensively for an opposing team is a problem for them. He can hit the long jumpers and the three’s . He can attack but if he drives and pulls up he can hit the shot . Whitehead isn’t the issue with this team it’s the unselfishness at times.
Flip as great as he has been and Mitchell they both are prone to dribbling into traffic and turning it over . Them and the team need to acknowledge and call out the double team enabling them to make the pass.
Lively needs to work on his offense greatly . Yesterday he should have controlled the paint between him and flip but he seems unwilling to use his size . Don’t need him shooting three’s .
I’d like to see this improve over the next ten days and the moving of the ball more .

Mitchell is very up and down like a typical freshman. He is a good defender though. If Whitehead can give us 15 points a game that really raises our ceiling.

Last edited:
Maybe not the right thread, but I have no problem at all with Scheyer's coaching so far. Would Coach K get some more calls? Probably. Maybe Coach K would have called a better play during a time out. But I love Scheyer's rotation and his enthusiasm. Great days ahead!

I think he's done okay. It's too early to tell. I like the defense we have been playing and we play 9 guys. We've played 4 good teams and have gone 2-2. The Wake game will be a big test. Not that they are that great, but it's our first real road game.

Maybe not the right thread, but I have no problem at all with Scheyer's coaching so far. Would Coach K get some more calls? Probably. Maybe Coach K would have called a better play during a time out. But I love Scheyer's rotation and his enthusiasm. Great days ahead!

Agree

I think he's done okay. It's too early to tell. I like the defense we have been playing and we play 9 guys. We've played 4 good teams and have gone 2-2. The Wake game will be a big test. Not that they are that great, but it's our first real road game.
Two of the biggest complaints of the past several years: poor defense and short bench. Big improvements in both of those areas so far this yr. If the offense starts clicking and they stay committed on D then it could be a fun ride

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT