ADVERTISEMENT

As bad as I felt at one point.........

It's a living hell for them! I don't even have to look over at THR to know they've pulled out all their usual excuses (refs, etc.)!. I get great joy from it all.

OFC

I liked this Heel Whine......

Posted: Today 12:01 AM
Seriously, why do our freshmen struggle so much?
Justise Winslow was ranked lower than Justin Jackson, known as more of a hustle player and not really a shooter. Result, 6-10 from the field, hits a clutch three while being a huge factor everywhere else on the floor to boot. Jackson? 1-8, 0-2 from 3, almost as many 3s as 2s.
Tyus Jones was ranked higher, to be fair. However, Joel Berry was essentially his contemporary and even outplayed him at times when their teams matched up. I don't even want to bring up Jones' stats today because it's too depressing. He was arguably better than Okafur, and that's saying something.
Why the hell are our guys not able to perform like they do at Dook? I usually defend Roy, but this is starting to become a disturbing pattern. I'm starting to think it's more down to coaching than just having players bust. One or two bad eggs is one thing, but now we have JMM, Justin Jackson, and arguably HB40 who have all played WELL below their ranking. Before you argue TBF, I know he wasn't bad, but we're talking about a guy ranked higher than Kyrie Irving but ended up being 2 and done, and hasn't exactly lit the NBA on fire either.
Reply | Quote

That's a tough one for Heels fans to swallow. They outplayed us, imo. I'm still trying to figure out exactly how we stole that one.

Just another great game to add to the rivalry.

Eh, I thought both teams played equally in my opinion. It was like watching a heavyweight fight. With punches being thrown and landed. We just happened to land a few more punches in the end. Carolina is back, despite losing, this team will play better I think moving forward. For us, it is the health of Jah moving forward and Clemson on Saturday. This team showed great resolve and is playing the best ball of anyone in the ACC right now. GO DUKE!!!!!

According to the Cheaters onTHR there has never been a worse officiated game in Dukes favor in the history of the series. Also if we don't hit all those 3's they have a huge lead, if they shoot better free throws they bury us for the win.

Hey THR dummies.......... if you just miss 8 of all those 2 pointers you made we win by 18 points and if we hit just 6 of the 16 missed free throws we miss and a couple front ends of 1 and 1's we score another 6 to 10 points. God what stupid reasoning by those THR Loonies. You guys are an embarrassment to sports viewers.

ofc

UNCs inability to hit the outside shot continues to bewilder me. Late in games, you are trusting 18-21 year olds to hit 2 FTs. Even then the opponent hits a 3 pointer and makes up ground. Without a 3 point shot, we are dead in the water late in the game. When is the last time UNC out shot us from 3 point land and furthermore did not win that game?

Originally posted by gottagonow:
According to the Cheaters onTHR there has never been a worse officiated game in Dukes favor in the history of the series. Also if we don't hit all those 3's they have a huge lead, if they shoot better free throws they bury us for the win.

Hey THR dummies.......... if you just miss 8 of all those 2 pointers you made we win by 18 points and if we hit just 6 of the 16 missed free throws we miss and a couple front ends of 1 and 1's we score another 6 to 10 points. God what stupid reasoning by those THR Loonies. You guys are an embarrassment to sports viewers.

ofc
They just lost their 756th game because of poor officiating. That has to be a record. Happy the cash made to the ref's on time. They really did a good job of hiding the take last night. One would have never noticed if They didn't know the officials were getting paid.
3dgrin.r191677.gif
OFC

Last night's game is the prime example of why you maintain hope until the end - it's not over until it's over. Take note, game thread whiners when there's still ten minutes in the second half.

UNC fans suffered stomach punch loss. Heels fans around me are quiet today but one said the tide needs to turn quick b/c its been all Duke since NC's last title. Almost felt bad for him.

I think the title of this thread captures it perfectly.....I think we were all about ready to crucify this team and instead it resulted in a memorable night....I mean look at the effort this team gave out of half time....IMO I think we fully expected UNC to give up quit and limp home and instead we got our butts kicked for 15 minutes or so....The amount of effort we gave throughout most of the second half was nauseating to watch....It would have been bad for an early season throw away game against Elon (no offense Elon) let alone the biggest rivalry in sports today....UNC wanted it more during that stretch, they were scratching and clawing for every loose ball and rebound and we were flatter than piss on a plate....Momentum is not like a light switch and we went from cocky to being thrown back to being pouty all over the court....And then out of nowhere, when it looked to us fans that all hope was lost and this was going to be a historic collapse this team found the grit and determination that it has found all year long and took the game back...I hope we don't make a habit of this because if not for UNC aiding in our comeback we still most likely lose the game but wow, this team is something special....Regardless of March this group has been a blast to watch....Oh wait I forgot, LOL at UNC.

Double post.

This post was edited on 2/19 11:48 AM by Mpm277

I understand not giving up until the clock strikes zero. But last year's team really changed how I look at winning through adversity. But they are proving me wrong with the VA game and last night's game. There is a noticeable difference in the two teams. Last year it seemed like nobody gave a damn if they lost. This year you can see that they really don't want to lose. Those back to back losses to State and Miami really woke this team up. The haters will point to those games as why Duke sucks, but I point to those games as to why they are a better team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT