ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NORTH CAROLINA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Roach is better running the team than Keels.....

In some ways, yes. Part of the problem with both Keels and to a lesser degree Banchero is that they want to be superstar all around players. Keels has limitations. So does Banchero at this point. But Keels needs to better understand his limitations and play within himself. That is always a problem with OAD-type recruits. Especially if they flash early. Hurts them later in the year.

Reactions: KDSTONE
Banchero with 13 and 9. Moore with 13 and 6. Keels with only 3 shots. If Keels can realize his role, defer to AJ and not take 10 plus shots per game we can be elite.
It's not really the shot attempts that is the issue with Keels. It's the ball stopping and the shots he takes.

If he can just realize his best role is being an off ball 3&D player, things would go a lot smoother.

But if we continue with the Keels as the PG thing. It will most likely bite us in the end.

We are up 20. 23 now. Keels is good. Roach is good. But they need to realize that Moore, AJ, Banchero and Williams are better. Do that and we cut down the nets. We don't need Roach and Keels taking 20 shots a game.

In some ways, yes. Part of the problem with both Keels and to a lesser degree Banchero is that they want to be superstar all around players. Keels has limitations. So does Banchero at this point. But Keels needs to better understand his limitations and play within himself. That is always a problem with OAD-type recruits. Especially if they flash early. Hurts them later in the year.
I’m thinking as a true PG who can break a team down and distribute. I def agree with your points though....

Let’s get baker back in. Hell of a response to an awful close at the half, let’s make another 82-50

Reactions: youngman42
The thing is, I think Keels can be a solid shooter. His shooting numbers on the season are yeah, but I think the main reason of that is the awful shots he takes.

When he plays off the ball and gets to catch and shoot with his feet set, I think he's pretty solid.

I'm really really hoping this last time of Keels coming in and playing off the ball, is a sign the coaching staff is going to move him towards this role going forward.

Watching this game on the ESPN 4K feed is great, because there are no commercials. And then you get to just watch the Carolina fans sit there silently. And as the game came to an end you got to watch all the empty Carolina blue seats. Let’s hope that the seating looks like this for all Carolina games the rest of their history.

Loved the way the boys came out and punched those tar babies in the mouth. Griffin is turning into something else.

My criticism is Banchero not playing his size, and Keels being somewhat of a ball stopper when he’s in.

Loved, loved, loved, the cameras showing their fans in the 2nd half, and many headed up the aisles.

I honestly thought we would lose this. This team is growing up; getting tougher. I cannot overstate AJ and his recent impact on our team.
Straight beast mode. They could not contain him. Worst thing that young man plays for the name on his jersey after every made shot ,” LETS GO BOYS !” Is all he said

Watching this game on the ESPN 4K feed is great, because there are no commercials. And then you get to just watch the Carolina fans sit there silently. And as the game came to an end you got to watch all the empty Carolina blue seats. Let’s hope that the seating looks like this for all Carolina games the rest of their history.
Details on how to check this out

Reactions: christophero
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT