ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke vs NC St

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
⏰ 7:00
📺 ESPN
📍 Raleigh-Pnc

Duke is currently a 6.5 point favorite over the woofies of Nc state. We have had some struggles at state in the past and this team is pretty well defeated and probably just ready to be done with the year.. however that can be a dangerous team too with nothing to play for. Beating Duke at least lets them…. Storm the court!

Duke wins and it’s not relatively close in the 2nd

Duke-83
State-68

Speed up the game enough to keep Burns off the court and try to keep Horne in check. Hopefully no one on state has a career game. Do those and there will be no court storming.

I doubt they miss 15 shots in a row like they did against the Cheats...probably make 15 in a row....close game i think...with a rabid crowd. They can hurt us inside if we let them too. Too close to call.

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
I think NC State comes out swinging haymakers. I expect a hostile crowd and a tight first half. I am hoping for some separation in the second half. This will be a really good test for us, and it's good prep for the weekend. I too would like us to speed the game up and use our bench. McCain is due for a big game.

Duke 78
NCSt 64

This is a trap game for Duke. Duke doesn't play well at PNC. This is a game I could see them losing by 15-20. I also can see Duke blowing State out by 40 but history tells me Duke is gonna struggle early. They will go down by 5-7 by the half. They will take the lead by 3 or 4 but the last 2 minutes will tell who is gonna win. Just win. That is all.

Duke - 67
State - 63

Not off to a hot start but plenty of time . Throw Young on Burns and save Flips fouls for the second half .

Poor start. They are going to pound it inside of course. Flip needs to choose his shots better as usual

Was expected to start this way. We should settle in and punch our way out of this.

Power giving good minutes. Just wish he would knock down those threes at a higher clip. But love that’s he’s getting burn and experience. I think we need him to develop to make a run.

Mitchell has had his shot blocked twice now. Needs to be stronger and more aggressive to the basket

Proctor wants the ball and Duke needs to keep giving it to him. McCain’s shot looks different right now.

Last edited:
Burns is just a load to handle . Let him score and contain the other four players .

Hopefully Scheyer has a plan for Burns..not just let him score and hope no one else gets hot..hope is not a strategy. Lots of players cold shooting tonight and needing to finish more consistently around the rim. We rebounded well thank goodness.

To be up 3 on the road is an achievement, given we got nothing from Flip and next to nothing from McCain.
I’ll se surprised if we win if those 2 don’t pick up their play.

Have to say, my biggest pet peeve in college ball is players who take “dribble and shoot” 3s. Their percentage is significantly lower than catch and shoot 3s. In fact, it’s an inefficient shot because over the long term it’s consistently below 33%. I get it if the shot clock is under 5.

These guys are not Steph Curry. No one is! It is also crazy to me that coaches don’t drill this into players. I wonder if they actually know that? Which, frankly, is inexcusable.

Can we stop Burns? What is it going to take? Anyway, thankfully, we rebounded well; otherwise, this would be ugly.

Reactions: sheyduke
Roach playing fast and aggressive. The way we need him to.

Everyone, really.

Have to say, my biggest pet peeve in college ball is players who take “dribble and shoot” 3s. Their percentage is significantly lower than catch and shoot 3s. In fact, it’s an inefficient shot because over the long term it’s consistently below 33%. I get it if the shot clock is under 5.

These guys are not Steph Curry. No one is! It is also crazy to me that coaches don’t drill this into players. I wonder if they actually know that? Which, frankly, is inexcusable.
Have you taken Koach place on the board?

Been waiting on a defender to do that all night on the big dude. When he leans back with his weight in the post, don’t support him and let him fall.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT