ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke vs NC St

Stewart with another nice game.
Burns is like those 55 yr old white beer gut dudes at the YMCA wearing the white New Balance. You think they’ll get tired. Only to realize that Sumbitch is still playing just as hard in Game 5 of the day two hours later as he was when you started. They don’t get tired.

Last edited:
I just want to say that for all the grief this team has gotten, we have defeated VT, Fsu, Miami, and State on the road this year. When was the last time that happened? We're 24-6 & 15-4. That's with another year full of injuries. And Sean Stewart, son, you're the player of the game.

⏰ 7:00
📺 ESPN
📍 Raleigh-Pnc

Duke is currently a 6.5 point favorite over the woofies of Nc state. We have had some struggles at state in the past and this team is pretty well defeated and probably just ready to be done with the year.. however that can be a dangerous team too with nothing to play for. Beating Duke at least lets them…. Storm the court!

Duke wins and it’s not relatively close in the 2nd

Duke-83
State-68
15 point win and I predicted 15 not bad.. not bad. GO DUKE were ready

What a win. Great 2nd half by McCain, and Flip came up big as well. Roach was consistent all game.

A great effort by Stewart, a good floor game by Proctor, and a special shout out to Power and Young for their efforts in the first half.

Liked how we found a way to win today. Got down early then Flip got in foul trouble. We could have easily been down a few at the half. Young gave us some really good minutes in the first half then Stewart was a monster in the second half.

Also, Proctor kept us in the game in the first half until Roach and McCain got going in the second half.

Great team win.

We've found something in Stewart....rim protection, altering shots and playing hard on both ends. Both he and Young did a good job on Burns when asked. McCain/Roach were good second half too. Mitchell/Flip with ok games but not great so good to see others answering the call. Finding Stewart just in time for the rematch is a big plus. This was a great, tough win on the road. GTHC..

Huge game, really. Gotta beat UNC Saturday. That game and how far we go in ACC will be a big difference in seeding for the NCAAs.

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
Let me give Ryan Young ALL of da props! He has been balling lately. Not the same guy against Arizona. It seems like the team feeds off his hustle. Sean Stewart was certainly a beast tonight, but Ryan has been able to lift this team when we’ve needed it from his passing, rebounding and toughness! Great team win!

Just watched the 12 minute highlights.
1. Burns scoring on Flip at will. And Young and Stewart for that matter. Burns has a nice spin move. He is huge.
2. Young making numerous smart plays. Great to see. Not athletic, but high basketball IQ.
3. Stewart is really learning to how finish. He is growing every game. he looks terrific.
4. We have 3 really good guards. That may take us far. Roach really looked confident. As did McCain.
5. Power starting to look more comfortable.
6. I love Mitchell but he needs to finish better against the big dogs. Still he does so many little things and keeps on coming.
7. Flip with some really nice passing in the second half.
8. I loved the Stewart goaltend on Burns. That was nasty.
9. McCain and Roach with the dagger 3s. See ya!
Great win in a tough environment. Was actually a fairly close game until we blew it open late.

Last edited:
Power giving good minutes. Just wish he would knock down those threes at a higher clip. But love that’s he’s getting burn and experience. I think we need him to develop to make a run.
I think it's just a matter of time until TJ shoots better. I think he's giving so much emphasis to the rest of his game (defensive switches, diving for loose balls, blocking out), maybe its hurting his shooting slightly(just a theory).

I think Jon would accept the trade off, because he KNOWS TJ can shoot, and it will come around. Doesn't get the publicity of Stewart, but this kid works hard too!! OFC

I think it's just a matter of time until TJ shoots better. I think he's giving so much emphasis to the rest of his game (defensive switches, diving for loose balls, blocking out), maybe its hurting his shooting slightly(just a theory).

I think Jon would accept the trade off, because he KNOWS TJ can shoot, and it will come around. Doesn't get the publicity of Stewart, but this kid works hard too!! OFC

Good point on Power but i think Stewart gets more publicity because he can provide things nobody else on the team can (elite athleticism including rim protection) and if he can be consistent, this Duke team goes to the next level.

Good point on Power but i think Stewart gets more publicity because he can provide things nobody else on the team can (elite athleticism including rim protection) and if he can be consistent, this Duke team goes to the next level.
I think in a number of ways, Duke went to "the next level" last nite?? In fact no doubt. Who would have thought Young,Stewart and Power would have kept the game close in such a manner during a key stretch minus Flip?? OFC

Great comments guys. Loved Power and Stewart playing so hard!

One other thing. I sometimes have the feeling that Flip coasts, maybe because he has to work so hard at both ends. Maybe with Stewart coming on, Flip can get some more rest and will be able to go hard all the time. A 30 minute Flip going all out would be awesome!

Great comments guys. Loved Power and Stewart playing so hard!

One other thing. I sometimes have the feeling that Flip coasts, maybe because he has to work so hard at both ends. Maybe with Stewart coming on, Flip can get some more rest and will be able to go hard all the time. A 30 minute Flip going all out would be awesome!
I agree with this .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT