ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke vs JMU rnd of 32

Hope I’m not wrong in saying this, but we aren’t Wisconsin, we can run. I know James Madison believes they can win, but I hope Jon has them ready and the boys make a statement today.
You called it my friend Mac!!We aren't Wisky (yeah I took more than a nip today), and Jon had them ultra ready. We had closed practice yesterday, and it paid dividends!! One of the most gratifying performances by a Duke team in postseason play ever!!! Duke exorcized the UT demons from last year!!! Job well done!!!

OFC

I wasn’t the only one who thought Duke could take a loss but since you felt the need to bring up my post , you clearly see I say I hope I’m wrong !
There was nothing wrong with your original post Shey. It doesn't matter to him though. All he does is lurk this board for posters that are negative, or say negative things about the team. Then, with cat like reflexes, he takes the opportunity to pounce.

His home board must have ran out of marshmallows around the campfire.

There was nothing wrong with your original post Shey. It doesn't matter to him though. All he does is lurk this board for posters that are negative, or say negative things about the team. Then, with cat like reflexes, he takes the opportunity to pounce.

he was a pretty good poster too.. I looked at his recent history here and basically all he’s been posting is the same type of stuff.. weird

It don’t bother me I just get tired of posters coming on here and acting like they picked Duke to win with extreme confidence . I had Duke winning in all my brackets but the one part , for me was you did not know which Duke team was going to show up .

Now had they played like they did Sunday with everyone on the same page and actually looking like they all were having fun then I don’t see us barely taking a loss but you never know with this team .

Some coverage from last night, linked together for your convenience:

Buzzer story.

Notebook on a litany of topics.

Follow-up from today on putting the Tennessee game to rest.

Those are all free stories; here's a column from last night that's for premium subscribers. If I could get on a soapbox for a minute, a premium subscription is worth it if you value objective reporting on Duke. The media contingent covering Duke in Brooklyn was smaller than I expected and I'm of opinion that you can only get strong coverage from people in the building, in the locker room, asking insightful questions, etc.

I'll be in Dallas, too -- booked my flight at about 1:30 a.m. this morning.

Some coverage from last night, linked together for your convenience:

Buzzer story.

Notebook on a litany of topics.

Follow-up from today on putting the Tennessee game to rest.

Those are all free stories; here's a column from last night that's for premium subscribers. If I could get on a soapbox for a minute, a premium subscription is worth it if you value objective reporting on Duke. The media contingent covering Duke in Brooklyn was smaller than I expected and I'm of opinion that you can only get strong coverage from people in the building, in the locker room, asking insightful questions, etc.

I'll be in Dallas, too -- booked my flight at about 1:30 a.m. this morning.
Good stuff.

Let's go Duke!

Reactions: ConorONeill
Running a promo now, too!

50% off your first year of an annual subscription. We don't real deals often, so when we do ... take advantage! Use the promo code "DUKE16" when you sign up for quality coverage of Duke in the Sweet 16 this week and beyond.

Here's the link.

Attachments

• DUKE16.jpg
    DUKE16.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 1
He had one foot out the door. Most mid major coaches are looking for the next big paycheck. I can’t blame them, especially since the players are free agents as well. No loyalty anymore.
Yep. FAU coach to Michigan, Utah St coach to Washington, the NC state player entering the portal after winning the ACC... This really is madness.

If wouldn't surprise me in the future to see players transfer in the middle of the season, and play for the next team.

Yep. FAU coach to Michigan, Utah St coach to Washington, the NC state player entering the portal after winning the ACC... This really is madness.

If wouldn't surprise me in the future to see players transfer in the middle of the season, and play for the next team.
Transferring at half-time is next...i kid, i kid....

I've been thinking a lot about this. How do you stop a kid from switching schools at Christmas if a higher profile team is willing to rent him for the second semester? There's no rules at this point. We could have picked up a big guy at the holiday break to help out Flip in the second part of the season.

Reactions: Mac9192
He had one foot out the door. Most mid major coaches are looking for the next big paycheck. I can’t blame them, especially since the players are free agents as well. No loyalty anymore.
At least coaches sign a contract when they switch schools.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT