ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke vs JMU rnd of 32

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
⏰ 5:15
đź“ş CbS
đź“Ť Brooklyn

Survive and advance.. that’s all you have to do. We didn’t play great Friday but we walked away with a win bigger than Vegas said. We are currently favored by 7.5 over the dukes who don’t forget was the second best team in their conference all year. They have now beaten 2 big ten teams but otherwise played an extremely weak schedule

Were Duke, play our game and we walk away with a 20 point, don’t and we might be crying back to durham

Duke-82
Jim’-64

⏰ 5:15
đź“ş CbS
đź“Ť Brooklyn

Survive and advance.. that’s all you have to do. We didn’t play great Friday but we walked away with a win bigger than Vegas said. We are currently favored by 7.5 over the dukes who don’t forget was the second best team in their conference all year. They have now beaten 2 big ten teams but otherwise played an extremely weak schedule

Were Duke, play our game and we walk away with a 20 point, don’t and we might be crying back to durham

Duke-82
Jim’-64
I know it seems rather cut and dried, but I would see a Sweet 16 berth as a step up for Jon in just his 2nd year. Certainly would exceed our rival's coach journey SOUTH his 2nd year.

Let's just win. We don't want to be the only Triangle ACC area team which fails to make it to next week. Duke, 74-66.

OFC

Duke. I want to see us come out as the aggressors from the jump. This JMU team is physical, and they're used to punching people in the mouth, speeding them up. We can't allow them to control this game with their physicality. We need to hit them with haymakers from the onset.

Unfortunately, I hate to say this but I see Duke returning to Durham today . I saw nothing on Friday that says other wise and I just don’t see the fire from this team . Hope I’m wrong .

• Angry
Reactions: pisgah101
First few minutes will determine the outcome. We come out like crap and have turnovers and let them run out on fast breaks, we're done. We need to control the tempo. Stewart should get some play time and hopefully he contributes

I will be pleasantly surprised if we win this one. I know we are capable but I just don’t expect it.

I think JMU gets up early like the UNC games and we spend most of the game clawing our way back.

We either get run down because Jon won’t play the bench or we get in foul trouble because Jon won’t play the bench.

Either way we succomb late and I think we lose by double digits.

God I’d love to be really far off base….

JMU 80
Duke 69

JMU is deep, old, and hungry. If Duke comes out with a weak-ass start we deserve to go home. We will need some decent play from
our bench. I think we need a big game from Flip today. Guards need to protect the ball.

Still I’m wearing the Duke blue glasses.

Duke 74
JMU 65

We are bigger but younger, they have way more experience and are older....as the saying goes...old age and experience beats youth and enthusiasm...I just think we havent shown a togetherness nor toughness this season that says we win a dogfight. Hope I'm wrong and we come out like Illinois and smoke the underdog early...the first 5 mins will be huge.

I think we win today. We played hard the other night, and had a good second half. These guys are capable of sending us home, but I think this team gets it done today. That said; if it is tied with 2 to go we will probably be sent packing. Don't let it come down to the refs or free throws. JMU is a veteran team; so we must play smart.
Duke 67
JMU 61
This seems like an over "over/under" on the success of the season. I'd feel pretty good with sweet 16 considering, but another first weekend exit, losing in the first round of the ACC would be pretty disappointing considering who we have back.

Last edited:
I saw a lot of hustle last game which was encouraging. Just need to get that confidence back because I feel like it impacts everything including decisions with the basketball.

I agree with the need of a quick start. UConn fans will be teaming up with jmu. Need to keep them out of the game or we might start getting wrong end of calls from refs. Don’t need another tn or sc game.

Unfortunately, I hate to say this but I see Duke returning to Durham today . I saw nothing on Friday that says other wise and I just don’t see the fire from this team . Hope I’m wrong .
Oh, there are plenty of reasons to think Duke will lose. I don't blame people for picking against us. Today we have a chance to prove them wrong. I think we get it done; but it really depends on which Duke team comes to play. VMU looked good but that wasn't 2015 Wisconsin they beat.

It’s Game Day, Let’s Go
Duke! Punch James Madison early from the opening tip and never take your foot of the accelerator Blue Devils!

Don’t know if any of you are on Facebook and follow the Duke Men’s Basketball Page, but if you are you should check out the interviews of Proctor, Mitchell, and Coach Scheyer. I really enjoyed listening to the interviews, all 3 of them sounded locked in and know the task which is at hand. They know JMU is an experienced and physical team, but the 3 of them feel they will be prepared after facing similar teams this season and playing in hostile environments throughout the season. Duke isn’t overlooking JMU by any means.

I am really confident the coaching staff is going to have the guys ready to play tonight.

I agree about the first 5 minutes being crucial. We beat Vermont by 17 and held them to 18 second half points and our fan base expects us to go home. High expectations? All this talk about how great JMU will light a fire for us. We’re going to win by 15. Duke 79-64.

Reactions: JimboSlice00
The staff can have every game plan but the team needs to execute it on the court .

Reactions: Mac9192
I agree about the first 5 minutes being crucial. We beat Vermont by 17 and held them to 18 second half points and our fan base expects us to go home. High expectations? All this talk about how great JMU will light a fire for us. We’re going to win by 15. Duke 79-64.

Not to be overlooked. Duke held another opponent to their scoring low on the season forcing Vermont to only score 47 points on Friday night.

I really think the games against the likes of Arizona, Michigan State, Arkansas, Clemson, NC State 2x, and Unc 2x will have Duke prepared for the type of team they are going to face in JMU this evening.

What I saw when JMU played against Wisconsin, JMU was also pretty undisciplined on offense, I really hope Duke takes advantage of this. Also, hope Coach Scheyer utilizes Stewart/Blakes/Young/Power to give the starters a breather and keep the starters out of foul trouble!

If Duke comes out the same way we played against Vermont we lose by 15

If we come out the way we played nc state in Raleigh we win by 10

Really need everyone to put more effort and play smarter. This is gonna be a tough game.

I pray they’re wrong. But, you can’t blame people for being skeptical about us. We haven’t shown consistency, and everyone not wearing goggles can see it.
I don't disagree. But I'm shocked that no one is giving us a shot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT