ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NORTH CAROLINA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
And here we go with round one. Man, there really aren't many dates on the sports calendar every year that I look forward to pretty much 365, well, 363 to be honest. But Duke/Carolina is definitely in that rarefied air.

This year, however, it almost carries just a little more weight. Coach K has a guaranteed two rounds left of the storied rivalry before he walks off into the sunset.

So these two games we're guaranteed, will mean just a LITTLE bit more. Although, I'm sure Coach K is doing everything in his power to not make this about him and get the fellas to focus on the task at hand.

About today. Duke comes in at 18-3 overall and 8-2 in ACC play; now in sole possession of first place following the Hurricanes loss to Notre Dame in Coral Gables on Wednesday night.

The Tar Holes, *cough* Heels (Freudian slip) are 16-6 overall and tied for second in the ACC with the aforementioned Hurricanes and Fighting Irish.

The Heels, who are currently in the field of 68 according to Joe Lunardi, will have added incentive in this game considering what a win could do for its tourney resume.

Not gonna happen. Not tonight. This Duke team is playing as complete as its played since November during this four game winning streak, and I expect it to continue tonight in Chapel Hill.

Currently there is no spread posted for tonight's game, but I expected Duke to be favored in the -2/-3 range and I like the Devils to cover.

Tonight's game is slated for a 6pm est tip and will air on ESPN, and for those you who are 4k nuts like myself, tonight's game will be in 4k.

Duke 82

North Carolina 75

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doesn’t matter how well Bacot plays…if they are not hitting the three ball they could get blown out of the arena. If they are knocking them down it will be a tight game. Love torched us last year. Let’s see how he does with a bigger body on him this year.

Punch them hard and punch them early and take the crowd out. Stay out of foul trouble and rebound.

Duke-78
Cheaters- 71

Reactions: sheyduke
I have a good feeling about tonight. Usually anything goes in rivalries but I think Duke wins big tonight.
Duke 80
UNC 65

I wish I was as confident as some on here that we beat the holes. We have got to rebound. Can’t let them get multiple opportunities. Need Griffin to continue his good shooting. But, the other guards have to play better than they have.
Banchero should dominate. They’ve got no one that has his skill set.

I want to see sweater vests heading up the aisles well before the game is over.

Reactions: KDSTONE
Time to reestablish dominance. Rebound, watch the turnovers, play defense and we win. If we get lazy, lose focus, or don't match their intensity we could get down by double digits. I think we can do it. Banchero and Williams need to keep up their good play. I think Jones hits a 3 and Theo comes to play. I'd like a 30 point win but that seems unlikely.
Duke 82
UNC 75

I just want Roach to remember one tweet and come out and play one of his best games ever!

“ Everyone is a savage until they run into one !” Love said that last year after their win at the dump dome .
Eleven minutes before tip off!

Reactions: christophero
Williams vs. Bascot will be an interesting match up. Bascot may have a big game, but if we could somewhat hold him in check that will be huge. If we let him go crazy that will neutralize our advantage. They should have no one to stop Banchero.

Dawson Garcia out is big.
10 point lead! Don't let up.

Last edited:
Great play. The guys really want coach k to go out with a win in chapel hill. Why can’t they play like this more often?! The only thing is I think Carolina eventually starts hitting. Let’s put these turds away early so they struggle to catch up

banchero hero ball turn over

team ball points

not hard to understand

26 to 8. Don't let up squad. Moore has come to play. 33 to 15.

Last edited:
Great start and a little lull here…would like to see Paolo in the low post some and stop with the high post ball handling.

Duke has to keep it above 15 at the half. Don't give them hope. Keels and Roach need to play better.

Nobody on that manek 3 is awful. Pissed away a nice 20 point lead with the start being a ten second call on keels. Coach k used to put people in the dog house for a missed bucket or defensive assignment but keels has no leash smh

Nobody on that manek 3 is awful. Pissed away a nice 20 point lead with the start being a ten second call on keels. Coach k used to put people in the dog house for a missed bucket or defensive assignment but keels has no leash smh
We really get stagnant when Keels is running our offense….we are much better with Roach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT