ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke vs UNC

And our defense is really poor. It really hasn’t improved at all.

giving up 93pts and really not stopping their obvious threats was poor gameplanning...Proctor was absent and we had too many situations where we needed a bucket and couldnt hit a wide open shot

Reactions: AlanInNJ
Duke was still in it however you have to make shots . Ingram and their bench killed Duke .
Going forward Duke will need to have Stewart and Power and young . Way too easy to scout for this team .

Reactions: Duke Blu
giving up 93pts and really not stopping their obvious threats was poor gameplanning...Proctor was absent and we had too many situations where we needed a bucket and couldnt hit a wide open shot
But for all the talk that the holes are so great defensively, they gave up 84. Proctor had a bad game. I'm not sure it was poor game planning that got us. Jon can't make them take care of the ball. You can talk and prepare, but the team has to execute.

Like last year, this team is not man enough. Ingram said it after the game: “We knew we were bigger than them. The plan was just to bully them.”

How can we beat a team like UNC, Tenn, Purdue, KU?

The three ball has to be flowing all night long.

But for all the talk that the holes are so great defensively, they gave up 84. Proctor had a bad game. I'm not sure it was poor game planning that got us. Jon can't make them take care of the ball. You can talk and prepare, but the team has to execute.
But we abandoned the double team on Bacot too...he had a field day...and that is one area we could have made them do something different...they were way too comfortable on offense all night...youth hurt us too...they have 5 yr and 6 year seniors + experienced juniors etc...experienced teams win in March..

Reactions: BNM79
It’s going to be the inside game in the tourney too. Undermanned in there. Too many easy baskets tonight.

First off, the refs didn’t help us, but they aren’t reason we lost. Turnovers (11) and Proctor (2) were. I know Mitchell had 11, but that’s the sorriest 11 points I’ve seen. He’s not respected on offense, so it’s like we’re playing 4 on 5.

Flip isn’t a superstar, but he is very good. If a couple of our guys were more consistent, he wouldn’t draw quite the criticism. That’s the problem. Roach has been good all season, Flip is solid, and McCain is showing he’s the real deal. But again, we need more out of the other starters.

I think it’s that simple.

Take your one tooth back to the holler with your cousin and know Kentucky has been irrelevant for a decade.
deliverance GIF

First off, the refs didn’t help us, but they aren’t reason we lost. Turnovers (11) and Proctor (2) were. I know Mitchell had 11, but that’s the sorriest 11 points I’ve seen. He’s not respected on offense, so it’s like we’re playing 4 on 5.

Flip isn’t a superstar, but he is very good. If a couple of our guys were more consistent, he wouldn’t draw quite the criticism. That’s the problem. Roach has been good all season, Flip is solid, and McCain is showing he’s the real deal. But again, we need more out of the other starters.

I think it’s that simple.
Fair assessment, Mac. If we get Proctor from the last few weeks tonight, we win in a high-scoring affair. Clean up the turnovers, and we possibly win without him. Some of it was the cheaters. But a lot of it was our guys not being strong with the ball playing through A LOT of contact. Was it fair? Nope. But you have to adjust. I thought we did, but we didn't make enough plays when it mattered to make it count. You can't miss a free throw and not get anything out of the opportunity at the end. I mean, it was over. But we have to be better than that.

Flip I thought was too timid but Duke was always in it . Need to get better on D I still do not think they beat us in Cameron

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Proctor most definitely should return another year to Duke. He is not ready for the jump and I think his stock has really took a hit. Real question is he still a first round pick if he comes out? I like Proctor a lot and wish him success so it’s nothing like that, I just think for his future he is probably best to return to Duke next season.

I am bot going to bother looking at the comments ITT. But my POV of this game is that unc played a very good game and Duke played a good game. The only resounding difference was turnovers in the first 2/3 of the game. Duke never got momentum to stay on their side and that can mostly be credited to unc. I don't look at this game as one that we can just trash our play, but one where the better team won and played like the better team. Hopefully Duke will be the better team come next go round.

Reactions: SWEc/o95
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT