ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NORTH CAROLINA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Feinstein wrote some very good books, and excellent columns. FOREVER'S TEAM about the 1978 Duke team is really good. THE LEGEND'S CLUB is pure drivel. Valvano was dead. Dean Smith granted full access, but sadly he was afflicted with dementia so nothing there. Krzyzewski never committed to the project so it's just Feinstein's memories with a few trips to the library's microfiche tossed in.

He "finished " the book because he cashed the advance check.

Dean Smith was a good man. He would have insisted on a moment to honor Coach Krzyzewski.
Season on the Brink (86 IU) probably my favorite.

Reactions: Liftee
Dean Smith would have absolutely stopped that mess coming from the crowd. The word class though is near extinct, people can’t even get on a damn airplane anymore and not assault the stewardess, or show their azz in some way.

Reactions: Quavarius
I have a real good customer, who’s a retired teacher and lifelong tar hole fan. He read Feinstein’s book “Legends Club,” the one about K, Dean, and Valvano. Said his respect for Dean went down some after reading it.
That’s a great book… and I’m not a Dean fan… lol

Reactions: Mac9192
Feinstein wrote some very good books, and excellent columns. FOREVER'S TEAM about the 1978 Duke team is really good. THE LEGEND'S CLUB is pure drivel. Valvano was dead. Dean Smith granted full access, but sadly he was afflicted with dementia so nothing there. Krzyzewski never committed to the project so it's just Feinstein's memories with a few trips to the library's microfiche tossed in.

He "finished " the book because he cashed the advance check.

Dean Smith was a good man. He would have insisted on a moment to honor Coach Krzyzewski.
I haven’t read the book, so I can’t say one way or the other. Was only stating what a die hard heel fan had to say about it, and his views on Dean. A very level headed heel fan as well.

I have read “Season on the Brink.” Found it to be very good. I thought it gave a good account on Knight’s behavior and coaching.

Reactions: KDSTONE
Going forward this is ideally how I hope the offense goes.

Scoring options:
tier 1: Paolo and AJ
tier 2: Moore
tier 3: Keels catch and shoot or Mark on lobs

Ball handling:
tier 1: Moore and Roach
tier 2: Paolo and AJ

It seems like when the guys really play within their role, this team really hums. I dont think anyone touches our ceiling when the guys play within their roles.
Agreed but what I’d like to see more is the team setting up Paolo instead of him setting himself up. Paolo seems to struggle at times going hero ball

Agreed but what I’d like to see more is the team setting up Paolo instead of him setting himself up. Paolo seems to struggle at times going hero ball
I agree with that and that's why I have him on the 2nd tier. Moore and Roach should be the primary ball handlers for the games. Then I'll be fine with AJ and Paolo getting a few possessions tossed in as well. That's pretty much it though.

Reactions: ioliva
Now that we are almost 48 hours post game, and I see no reason to stop talking about it, may I suggest this thread get pinned and we continue to discuss every aspect of the massacre until...well, until we play them again?
I am all for Lift's proposal!!!! OFC

I personally have no issue with the UNC chants. They're the rival, they hate Duke. Why am I supposed to expect them to all of a sudden respect K and the school?

I'm a die hard Vikings fan, am I supposed to be respectful knowing this could've been Aaron Rodgers last game in a Packers jersey against us? Well I certainly wasn't. I also had a great laugh after he got bounced in the playoffs.

So ya I have no problem when rival fans aren't nice and respectful. They're rivals for a reason.

I personally have no issue with the UNC chants. They're the rival, they hate Duke. Why am I supposed to expect them to all of a sudden respect K and the school?

I'm a die hard Vikings fan, am I supposed to be respectful knowing this could've been Aaron Rodgers last game in a Packers jersey against us? Well I certainly wasn't. I also had a great laugh after he got bounced in the playoffs.

So ya I have no problem when rival fans aren't nice and respectful. They're rivals for a reason.
Rodgers is a tool that doesn’t even talk to his parents. Coach K is the GOAT. Just because they’re rivals doesn’t mean you leave your dignity at the door. His grandchildren and many other children were there. Act like an adult

So, do think the crazies would’ve chanted f*** Roy Williams had it been the other way around? Not being a homer, but I’m quite certain they wouldn’t have. There may a been some other clever chant, but definitely not what we heard Saturday night. They’re just a different breed of fan.

So, do think the crazies would’ve chanted f*** Roy Williams had it been the other way around? Not being a homer, but I’m quite certain they wouldn’t have. There may a been some other clever chant, but definitely not what we heard Saturday night. They’re just a different breed of fan.
I think kids being kids would have chanted that but K or someone from the administration would have put a stop to it really really quick. Wrong regardless

Reactions: KDSTONE

A Vikings fan? The last laugh is on you.

Rodgers is a tool that doesn’t even talk to his parents. Coach K is the GOAT. Just because they’re rivals doesn’t mean you leave your dignity at the door. His grandchildren and many other children were there. Act like an adult
Sure but fans have no issue going off on players even though many times their parents and family members might be there. I've been to plenty of ball games of all different sports and hear much worse things many times. No one batted an eye about it though.

Also, I'm sure there were rumors going around social media of what was going to be said or done. Because of that, the administration had to of known and they could have nipped it in the butt right away in an email or something like that to all students.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Ya I think no doubt they would've chanted some bad stuff, especially if they spanked us like we just did to them. K probably came out and told them to knock it off (he's done that before).

But ya just don't find it all that crazy or offensive that a risk y college fanbase didn't show respect to their rival's coach in their final showing.

KD BRAVO!!!!! OFC

I don't really mind it. Just extra motivation for the team. Strategically, I think it was mistake by them. Stuff like that just fires a team up.

my understanding is the team heard it, got really upset and motivated by it, and let the crowd know about it after the game.

I'm glad they did, but I still can't believe the Cheater administration let it go. I know I am old school, but there is a huge difference between GTHC and yelling F You to an opposing coach, whether it's the GOAT or just the opposite...like maybe Hubert Davis.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT