ADVERTISEMENT

Who Is Staying ... Going? Thoughts?

I've been hearing great things about Griffin and hear he's grown. He looks raw offensively but other than that looks terrific and very physical. Winslow is a good comp. No doubt we will be more physical with those two.

Where have you read he has grown? I know Adam Zagoria did a write up on him a while back that he is 6-8 220 but I haven’t heard anything to validate that

I think I read it there. I take it with a grain of salt but he seems to be 6-6 or so and 220. So similar to Winslow.

There are nearly 40 7 footers in the NBA. Besides being that tall is irrelevant when players shoot 40 foot 3s all game
So the NBA doesn’t draft on talent? And all 7-footers play the same role on the court? Yikes? You followed up one idiotic post with one that was worse lol.

Williams and Steward looked great today. Still think they need another year, but you never know. It was BC but still.

Reactions: youngman42
Williams and Steward looked great today. Still think they need another year, but you never know. It was BC but still.

agreed. Bolden averaged 3.8 and 3.3in his career and still made G-League. Williams is at 6/4 right now. Do I think he’s ready? Nope. Could he be convinced by an agent? Yep. 3-pt shooting be damned. I mean Bolden was a sniper from down town. Wait...

Reactions: christophero
Villanova is now at 75 percent for Keels on 247's crystal ball. Staff should try to recruit Goldwire back or get a transfer. I suppose Roach, Keels and Moore will be enough but we can't afford an injury.

Last edited:
Hard to remember a time where we whiffed on this many recruits
Don’t know if it’s exactly missing. Keels can see a log jam should Steward and Roach return , with Moore. With Williams back that a three man rotation at the pf/ C spot and let’s not for get Brakesfield and Griffin at small forward. That leaves more at Sg/combo guard . I didn’t even mention Baker.

I honestly don't understand any of the Moore leaving talk. The ACC stinks this year and he had a mediocre season.
He is a turnover editing to happen, is a mediocre shooter, and gets his shot blocked on half of his drives to the hoop.

If he is such a versatile defensive prospect at the NBA level, how does the weak link (backcourt) of a mediocre UNC team scorch us twice?! If UNC's guards were as good as they looked twice against us, they would be a 1 seed in the tourney. Let's not forget that we have an ACC Defensive player of the year candidate in Goldwire spearheading our backcourt D that he was partnered up with.
He is a Duke guy and has forever earned our love with his UNC buzzer beater alone! I think he could be a great role player next year and potentially a great senior, ala Carrawell. For his sake, I hope I am wrong, and would be happy to be wrong, but I just don't see the NBA potential.

Reactions: youngman42
I can't imagine Moore being ready to leave unless he just doesn't like being at Duke.

I like the two guards we have and I think we would be fine with Roach and Steward both playing the role of pg.

If either of those want to play at the next level, they both need to develop PG abilities. Neither will be a pure shooting guard.

This could be a really good team next year if these kids mature. They really show some moments where they play hard and look very good. Just need to grow up - mentally tougher and physical maturity.

What they need on offense, more than a PG, is to grow as a 'team' and develop good movement, ball rotation and unselfish passing.

And then grow on team defense.

If we just lose Goldwire, Hurt, and Tape, we should have a solid 8 man rotation. And if we were to get the Auburn kid, that could help shooting and give us a deeper team (hopefully K uses them as he has used players this year).

Frankly, I don't see Baker contributing much. He plays too much imo and unless he's hot shooting, he's more liability.

You can't let it drop? Calling someone an idiot or referring to their comment as idiotic is an insult.
Can’t let it drop yet you’re getting involved. The irony 😉

Calling someone an idiot is. Call an action or statement? Nope. We all, every single one of us, say idiotic things on occasion, minimally. Let’s review the referenced comment:

“Williams to the NBA is laughable.”

That looks and feels a bit idiotic based on recent play, right? Idiotic may hurt your feelings personally, but in my vocabulary it’s a casual word.

Last edited:
Williams back is the key. Moore could probably play back up point better than most freshman or transfers. (Yes I am well aware of the turnover issue) Goldwire back would be ideal, but he may want to start playing in Europe.

Reactions: Fourteen44
I know absolutely nothing about playing overseas. Does a player of Goldwire's caliber have an opportunity to play overseas? I am not bashing or slighting. I'm just curious. In general I am Goldwire fan.

My hope is that we have a team that consists of: Roach, Moore, Steward, Griffin, Baker, Paolo, Coleman, Williams, Brakefield, and we bring in a grad transfer or two or possibly pick up another recruit. This team went through so damn much this season and didn't deserve to see it end this way. I feel so bad for them all, but worse for Matt and Goldwire. Matt never got to see the NCAA floor. And let's be honest, he won't be back next year. I wish he would come back. The team would be an automatic favorite to win it if everyone returned with what we're adding in AJ and Banchero.

I know absolutely nothing about playing overseas. Does a player of Goldwire's caliber have an opportunity to play overseas? I am not bashing or slighting. I'm just curious. In general I am Goldwire fan.

I can't see Jordan playing overseas either. But, I hope the young man is able to find a place somewhere if basketball is what he wants to do with his life post Duke. Possibly on a bench as a grad assistant for a former player of Duke?

Reactions: AlanInNJ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT