ADVERTISEMENT

WE GOT HIM

Did UNC cheat to get this most recent title?

I guess technically they didn't, DJ, but if 20 years of previous cheating had been enforced and the program penalized accordingly then the probability of them winning a championship this year would certainly have been reduced or even impossible...if they had been put on probation this year. IMO that's piggybacking on past sins.
But they weren't penalized or put on probation this past year and this year's UNC team went about their business and got the job done. I give them credit for that.

And yes, welcome aboard Mr. Duval. Go Duke.

OFC

Last edited:
Why are y'all even talking about UNCheat on this board? They're irrelevant. This is a celebration of our new star point guard that's going to lead this team to a sweep of that other school

Did UNC cheat to get this most recent title?

No, but they "beat the system" w/millions of dollars to continue aggressive stall tactics by an army of lawyers. These are tactics unavailable to most other schools and its a corrupt system. Point is, its a tainted title, as OADD so artfully described.....Welcome back OADD! Missed ya my friend!!!

OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I guess technically they didn't, DJ, but if 20 years of previous cheating had been enforced and the program penalized accordingly then the probability of them winning a championship this year would certainly have been reduced or even impossible...if they had been put on probation this year. IMO that's piggybacking on past sins.
But they weren't penalized or put on probation this past year and this year's UNC team went about their business and got the job done. I give them credit for that.

OFC

#Tainted

OFC

OFC

Well said. And as you know, the last thing I'm going to do is strap my saddle to anything-UNC....I've quietly followed this thing along and done a lot of reading. Clearly, they cheated. I think they know it, too. But ultimately, IMO, the NCAAs hands are tied. I don't like it, either....trust me.

No, but they "beat the system" w/millions of dollars to continue aggressive stall tactics by an army of lawyers. These are tactics unavailable to most other schools and its a corrupt system. Point is, its a tainted title, as OADD so artfully described.....Welcome back OADD! Missed ya my friend!!!

OFC

Well, it didn't take this case for me to learn that the NCAA is a corrupt system. That was established long ago.

For the record, again....I'm on your side. I'd love to seen them fry and burn. It's not going to happen, though.

Why are y'all even talking about UNCheat on this board? They're irrelevant. This is a celebration of our new star point guard that's going to lead this team to a sweep of that other school

The subject of their title was broached early on in this thread. I merely pointed out the shenanigans pulled and $$$ spent to hang the banner to the poster. OFC

Reactions: Mac9192
Well, it didn't take this case for me to learn that the NCAA is a corrupt system. That was established long ago.

For the record, again....I'm on your side. I'd love to seen them fry and burn. It's not going to happen, though.

What would "fry and burn" constitute in your opinion??? I NEVER said that or implied "Death Penalty." I am too much of a realist to expect that....Hey you're the guru of The Duke mods for gosh sakes, you NEVER have to tell me you're a Die Hard Devil like myself!

OFC
:)

Well said. And as you know, the last thing I'm going to do is strap my saddle to anything-UNC....I've quietly followed this thing along and done a lot of reading. Clearly, they cheated. I think they know it, too. But ultimately, IMO, the NCAAs hands are tied. I don't like it, either....trust me.

I know how you feel about this mess, DJ. It's disappointing to us all. I keep hoping they'll be punished, but I'm afraid you're right about nothing happening.

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
What would "fry and burn" constitute in your opinion??? I NEVER said that or implied "Death Penalty." I am too much of a realist to expect that....Hey you're the guru of The Duke mods for gosh sakes, you NEVER have to tell me you're a Die Hard Devil like myself!

OFC
:)

Good question. The term was more relative than anything else....realistically I don't think a postseason ban and stiff scholarship restrictions would be totally out of line. Banners were never going to come down.

Reactions: mbdfan
Good question. The term was more relative than anything else....realistically I don't think a postseason ban and stiff scholarship restrictions would be totally out of line. Banners were never going to come down.

Postseason ban would be beautiful...I dont know honestly if Roy could handle w/o walking into sunset....OFC

I understand that there's not much that will be done and I've said that from the beginning but I hope just the time this lingers on and the squirming and sweating it out that unc nation is going through stays for a long , long time and with fans like DevilDJ it's not going to be forgotten. Anyone who knows anything at all about college sports at all will know unc cheated and got by with it. OFC

I understand that there's not much that will be done and I've said that from the beginning but I hope just the time this lingers on and the squirming and sweating it out that unc nation is going through stays for a long , long time and with fans like DevilDJ it's not going to be forgotten. Anyone who knows anything at all about college sports at all will know unc cheated and got by with it. OFC

BRAVO and Devil DJ will NEVER LET IT DIE! Neither will I for that matter!

OFC

lol... um, no. #1 Briscoe was never seen as a pure PG and #2 Briscoe was not/is not as talented as Duval

Glad we got him, but Duval will not be what we are hoping. Briscoe is really good, had to play with the best guards in nation for two years in a row. Gotta be realistic

Can briscoe jump over a piece of paper? I guess, minus the fact that you don't think he will live up to expectations, I don't see the comparison.

Reactions: mbdfan
Not saying he'll suck, I know he will be decent at best. We got him because we missed on Coleman and Green. Watched Duval play in person, he was okay at shooting.

Glad we got him, but Duval will not be what we are hoping. Briscoe is really good, had to play with the best guards in nation for two years in a row. Gotta be realistic
While I agree we should keep our expectations in perspective but Duval is a much better player than Briscoe. He's going to be very good.

We didn't miss on Coleman and green. We cooled on both, duval got his grades cleaned up, and was the only pg worth taking in this class.

I think it is hard to say Duke "missed on" some other guys when the guy they did get is the unquestioned best of the bunch.

Good morning. Keep bashing. Loving it. By the way, I'm not 16 or a troll. Just a Duke fan that wants to share his opinions.

Guys , guys. He just wants to share his opinions. They are stupid opinions, but they are his. Give him some room.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT