ADVERTISEMENT

WE GOT HIM

It's funny I just pulled up Twitter a bit ago to try to get an update when he would announce and this is the first tweet I saw!

This team will have a lot of what we've been missing. Great PG, super skilled big man, paint D, and all around toughness.

Reactions: Skeelow22
But according many tweets nobody wants to play with Grayson Allen and he is killing recruiting for Duke.

hell-yes--e1465011373619.jpg

Changes next years team in a big way. Not only do we have a true pg in the line up but we have depth at the true pg plus Grayson can run it too. True Duval or Goldwire hasn't played a minute of college basketball but it gives me a good feeling to have both of them and to have good depth at just about every position with many being able to play different positions. Duval made it all possible. Welcome aboard. OFC

Changes next years team in a big way. Not only do we have a true pg in the line up but we have depth at the true pg plus Grayson can run it too. True Duval or Goldwire hasn't played a minute of college basketball but it gives me a good feeling to have both of them and to have good depth at just about every position with many being able to play different positions. Duval made it all possible. Welcome aboard. OFC
Agreed sky. If Bolden can get his motor running then I think we will see a huge jump for him now that we have a true point guard.

Duval
Grayson
Jav
Carter
Bolden

Replace Jav with Trent. Here's the interesting thing about Javin. They worked him in at the three quite a few times last year. In the extremely limited time he got, he may have actually seen more time on the wing in our offensive sets than on the perimeter. He could be pretty versatile off the bench.

AV has to like this. He'll be one of the first off the bench and Tre will feed him off drives. He'll look very good with a willing point guard.

This is a game changer because he's a point guard like we haven't had at Duke maybe since Jason Williams. And I mean that only in saying how much of a bulldog he is on drives. He's relentless and he uses it to set his guys up. He and Goldwire battled once this season and they'll battle in practice which will be great for both of them.

The best thing about this is the opposing teams will not penetrate the interior of Duke's defense any more. Duke will be able to pick up full court again. Then he is a Jersey point guard, and Jersey point guards and Duke is synonymous with greatness.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Now if these kids are half as hungry as this board then it will be a good year

I think "hungry" is the key word here for the team and would be a good motto. Just my opinion but I think Grayson is "starving" and he's going out to prove that his soph season was no fluke . He may not average 20 plus a game but the things he did as a soph he will do as a senior. OFC

YES! Today is my Birthday and I got what I wanted!!!

Happy Birthday Honkey!
I think "hungry" is the key word here for the team and would be a good motto. Just my opinion but I think Grayson is "starving" and he's going out to prove that his soph season was no fluke . He may not average 20 plus a game but the things he did as a soph he will do as a senior. OFC

I agree with this! I think you will see a refocused team this year

He won't average 20. He may average 25. This could be like 2016-2016 with Ingram where we only have 3-4 double digit scorers. Duval, Grayson, Carter and Trent. Other guys will contribute nicely but the scoring won't be like last season. Which actually could work out a little better.

Reactions: pisgah101
ND actually won because they had a solid defensive game plan, and because they exposed Duke as a bad defensive team. Defense tends to win in the Big Dance. For the reason, you can see the Blue Devils struggling as they move forward.

What about Duke's defense (or lack thereof) would make you confident in the weeks ahead?

This was another JIM classic. This was March of 2015 just before we started our run for 5.

Just giving you a hard time Jim. I know as a Duke fan you are happy just like we are.

Reactions: pisgah101
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT