ADVERTISEMENT

Elite eight day one official thread

Uconn looks motivated and hard to beat...and Roll Tide ( if they can hit 3s consistently)

You get the feeling that Illinois should actually be up about 10 with how badly Uconn has shot the ball. Instead, they're down 2.

I’ve noticed that a lot of these guys nowadays are getting foul calls when dribbling. They’ll snap their heads back, their hair will go flying, and the refs will bite. Davis with the holes was the best at it. Yet there’s actual mugging going on and they let them play.

I’ve noticed that a lot of these guys nowadays are getting foul calls when dribbling. They’ll snap their heads back, their hair will go flying, and the refs will bite. Davis with the holes was the best at it. Yet there’s actual mugging going on and they let them play.
yep...and the one where they are trapped on the baseline so jump INTO the defender..refs call that a foul every time even though the offensive player made all the contact....really annoys me

Reactions: Mac9192
I love Barkley, and when he talks basketball, I listen. I’m watching this game and said to myself “Illinois you’re blowing your chance. He just said Illinois has outplayed them and should be winning.

He also picked Alabama over the holes and Duke last night. The man is sharp, even if he didn’t know how to pronounce Filipowski.

Illinois is done. They’ve had their chances, and now to start the second half, UConn is on a 7-0 run. They will probably win another one by double digits.

This pains me to say, but your margin for error against UConn is so small. This game was tied at 23 with two minutes left in the first half. Illinois went scoreless from there to about the 13 minute mark in this half.
They average over 80 a game, but will be lucky to get 50 tonight.

Reactions: sheyduke
Credit UCONN however Illinois is shooting 23 from the field and 23 from three. UCONN is up by 30 and shooting 3-16 from the three.

Uconn average margin of victory is 27...and no one has made it to 60 against them

My hatred of the uconn men's and women's basketball programs is at an all-time high right now. Our girls haven't beaten Geno since Beard was playing under Coach G.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Neue Regel
Clemson gets sent home with Rice a Roni and some lovely parting gifts. Seriously, nice run by the Tigers.
Not over yet Tigers down 4

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT