ADVERTISEMENT

UNC fans should be worried

GTHC_ GTH!

All American
Oct 5, 2011
This is in response to the THR thread that Duke fans should be worried. They have 8 losses. Lost 4 of 5. Choked away a game at Cameron. They haven't been that great since 2009. Duke has won 9 of the last 12 against Carolina. They can't shoot. They played their absolute best game last night and still lost.

Ignorance runs rampant over there. Yes we are very worried.

OFC

I wouldn't worry too much about what they say. They're just trying to make themselves feel better. And to be honest, we'd probably be doing the same if the outcome last night had been different.

Do I think we're a better team? Yes, I do. But I don't think the gap is very wide and I didn't think it was yesterday at this time either. I said as much in a number of threads.

UNC is capable of beating anyone and, yes, they could make a run in March. I think they have more question marks than we do and littler room for error, but really....besides UK every team, when you break them all down, has weaknesses that can be exposed.

Bottom line....should we be worried in the grand scheme of things? Well, yes, to an extent. But the answer is the same for other teams too. I know there are some things we don't do well, but there are a lot of positives too. We've beaten some very, very good teams this season, and it doesn't even take a UNC scholar to recognize our body of work far outweighs theirs.

So, yes, I'll worry about us. But for them to pretend after last night's meltdown (and of course losing four out of five overall) that they have it all figured out and we don't is nothing short of preposterous. Let them think that if they want.

I'm sorry dj, they aren't making a deep run this year. And yes , we WILL go deeper than they will. AND, i'll go ahead and put this cherry on top. We're going to beat them by more than 2 at the Dome. All of that is of course pending on IF Jahlil is ok with the ankle situation.

I'm not predicting they make a deep run...just saying it's possible.

And I would agree that I do think we beat them at DES. It will be another great game, but I just think we're better. Am I crazy? Maybe, but the whole body of work thing seems to suggest we're pretty good.

Unless it's good honest ribbing I can't buy into the declarative statement that we will def go further than UNC...the tournament is such a crapshoot....If we finish strong and are lucky enough to secure a 1 seed will our road be easier, yes. But take a look at our loss to NC St....If a team gets hot from deep there is not much the opposition can do in a single elimination tournament...And it can happen to any team there is just so much uncertainty in the tournament....We do a lot of things very well, especially on the offensive side of the ball and we are battle tested and have shown tons of guts and grit....But we are not bullet proof

Originally posted by dukiejay:

And I would agree that I do think we beat them at DES. It will be another great game, but I just think we're better. Am I crazy? Maybe, but the whole body of work thing seems to suggest we're pretty good.
Agreed -- assuming Joel James doesn't twist Okafor's ankle again.

Originally posted by aah555:

Originally posted by dukiejay:

Agreed -- assuming Joel James doesn't twist Okafor's ankle again.
Meanwhile, in the bizarro world...If we were UNC fans (strictly hypothetical) and UNC fans were Duke fans, there would be posters claiming that James intentionally undercut Jah as he was landing in order to end his season and keep him from playing professionally.

UNC....where a moral victory is better than a "W" any day of the week

Originally posted by CRAZIE4LIFE:
UNC....where a moral victory is better than a "W" any day of the week
You have to have morals to claim a moral victory. Given UNC's 20+ years of cheating, I don't think they have any.

I just read where someone said that Duke fans should be worried about a dream year coming to an early end.

I don't know about you guys, but compared to the many great years I have witnessed being a Duke fan, I wouldn't consider this to be a "dream year ". At least not yet.

Originally posted by LetsGoDuke301:
I just read where someone said that Duke fans should be worried about a dream year coming to an early end.

I don't know about you guys, but compared to the many great years I have witnessed being a Duke fan, I wouldn't consider this to be a "dream year ". At least not yet.
Yes, it's silly to call this a "dream" year.

I do think, at this stage, this is the most confident I've been about a Duke team since 03-04. 05-06 always gave me a funny feeling b/c we were so dependent on JJ / Sheldon for scoring (notwithstanding our record), and 10-11 and 12-13 were complete guess work at this point b/c of the injury status of Kyrie and Ryan Kelly. I didn't see 09-10 coming at all.

With that said, I definitely don't see a first round upset, doubt a pre-Sweet 16 upset for this group (assuming everyone's healthy) and would put our odds of getting to the elite 8 at 50/50 or better if we're a 1 seed. After that, I think it entirely depends on how we play / the individual matchup.

Moral victories. Is that where the mighty UNC program has fallen to?

Personally, I like actual victories. And I'm still enjoying last night's.

Most UNC fans are dillusional ding dongs, who have a set of double standards for themselves. I've never seen anything like it from any fan base. Yes Duke has had its disappointng years of early outs in the tourney, but they forget how many times they haven't even made the tourney and ended up losing in the NIT.

Originally posted by LetsGoDuke301:

The last "dream year" was cut short after 8 games because of a toe injury.

I haven't posted here in a long time, but there is a few things a want to say after hearing all of the crap that UNC fans and the media have been saying after last night's game. It's just gotten to the point where it is moronic all of the BS excuses they come up with. I mean, can they really believe everything they say? The one that gets me the most annoyed is when they talk about Duke "cheating/paying the refs/clock" BS. Do they not realize, that the school that they so blindly follow, has been proven to be one of, if not, the biggest cheater in college basketball history. They have records to show that UNC basketball players were in fake classes, so they were not eligible to play basketball. Does this mean that the NCAA will punish them? Hell no! They will probably get off easier that Syracuse will. This whole deception, to get and keep the best basketball players, has resulted in them cheating each and every team they have played for the last 23 years. They want to complain about the time clock guy? Really? Go look in the mirror and see the truth. UNC is the definition of cheaters!!!!!!!! Wait! What's that I hear? Corey Maggette? They can't even comprehend that that happened before he was at Duke and it is the equivalent to the John Wall situation at UK. All the NCAA would have done to Duke/Maggette, would have been to suspend him for a few games and make him pay back the money. There would have been not banners brought down or games forfeited, because that is not how the NCAA handles those type of violations, for anyone! Get over your idiotic self and your skewed view of the basketball world. I'm tired of hearing all of the excuses. There are bad calls both ways in every game. So get over it. THE REFS DID NOT BEAT UNC. THE CLOCK GUY DID NOT BEAT UNC. JAY BILAS DID NOT BEAT UNC. DUKE BEAT UNC!!!!!!!!!!!! If you don't believe me, then learn how to read first, then check the box score. It says Duke 92, UNC 90! That's all that matters! Moral victories can kiss my *** I'll take a real win any day! GTHC GTH!!!!!!!!!!! [/B]

Originally posted by 14duke2:

I haven't posted here in a long time, but there is a few things a want to say after hearing all of the crap that UNC fans and the media have been saying after last night's game. It's just gotten to the point where it is moronic all of the BS excuses they come up with. I mean, can they really believe everything they say? The one that gets me the most annoyed is when they talk about Duke "cheating/paying the refs/clock" BS. Do they not realize, that the school that they so blindly follow, has been proven to be one of, if not, the biggest cheater in college basketball history. They have records to show that UNC basketball players were in fake classes, so they were not eligible to play basketball. Does this mean that the NCAA will punish them? Hell no! They will probably get off easier that Syracuse will. This whole deception, to get and keep the best basketball players, has resulted in them cheating each and every team they have played for the last 23 years. They want to complain about the time clock guy? Really? Go look in the mirror and see the truth. UNC is the definition of cheaters!!!!!!!! Wait! What's that I hear? Corey Maggette? They can't even comprehend that that happened before he was at Duke and it is the equivalent to the John Wall situation at UK. All the NCAA would have done to Duke/Maggette, would have been to suspend him for a few games and make him pay back the money. There would have been not banners brought down or games forfeited, because that is not how the NCAA handles those type of violations, for anyone! Get over your idiotic self and your skewed view of the basketball world. I'm tired of hearing all of the excuses. There are bad calls both ways in every game. So get over it. THE REFS DID NOT BEAT UNC. THE CLOCK GUY DID NOT BEAT UNC. JAY BILAS DID NOT BEAT UNC. DUKE BEAT UNC!!!!!!!!!!!! If you don't believe me, then learn how to read first, then check the box score. It says Duke 92, UNC 90! That's all that matters! Moral victories can kiss my *** I'll take a real win any day! GTHC GTH!!!!!!!!!!!
It has been a long time there, 14duke2, but with posts like that please do not stay away long again! I love the spirit and all that you state is true. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT