ADVERTISEMENT

This Week

chov1125

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Oct 15, 2008
Breaking things down week by week we have 2 very tough road games this week. If we want any shot at the ACC regular season crown we need to go at least 1-1. How do people see it shaking out? I say we beat Syracuse but lose @ Miami.

The key to beating the Cuse zone IMO is having a playmaker at the elbow spot. I think if we put Tatum there he has more than enough talent to knock down that jumper get to the hoop or draw and kick. We obviously need to shoot well from 3 and Syracuse always seems find some late shots but I think we can make enough shots to get out of there with a W.

We beat Miami earlier in the year and we played the pick and roll quite well but Larranaga always seems to have our number in how he spaces us out and exposes our inability to stop penetration.

It starts tomorrow night. Critical we get this first W, the last thing we want is going to Miami off a loss.

Syracuse worries me more then Miami at this point. They are playing good not great basketball and Miami has always played tough at home. I'd like to see us go 2-0 but I'd take 1-1 as well

I think we beat Syracuse and lose to Miami.

With Miami beating UVA last night, that should get our attention and not to take them lightly since we beat them earlier this year.

Also, Miami will have their suspended player back for our game, though they did go 3-0 in his absence.

Here are some numbers per KenPom:

#12- Duke- 7th offense; 40th defense
#30- Miami- 52nd offense; 25th defense
#48- Syracuse- 35th offense; 94th defense

Well I can't seem to pick my nose when it comes to predicting how Duke will do. I have said they would win last 2 games a lot easier than they did. So I will just sit there tomorrow night, pop some of Sky's nerve pills and pray we are victorious.

I'm not surprised miami beat UVA, the are falling apart and couldn't score if they were the only team on the court. I think we can go 2-0

Last edited:
I'm not surprised miami beat UVA, the are falling apart and couldn't score if they were the only team on the court. I think we can got 2-0

It's the same story with Virgnia every year. They have excellent defense but don't have enough offense to overcome a hot shooting night. It's a tough profile to win a one and done tournament

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT