ADVERTISEMENT

So with this (mild) outrage with MSU a 2 in Duke's region, where was this in 2013

Will Mcquaid be back for MSU?

Senior.
They will return Xavier Tillman, Aaron Henry, Cassius Winston( three current starters) plus original starter Langford. And veteran Kyle Ahrens, kid who got hurt Sunday, has a 40 inch vertical. Very talented 5 man core.
They bring in top 30 guard Rocket Watts( wait till everybody sees this kid, 2 guard scorer) immediate stud,
Top 50 6’8 wing Malik Hall, and Texas 6’8 late bloomer Julius Marble, staff was tickled to swipe late.
This in addition to 4 current frosh who have sat most of the time this year, couple are very good prospects. And Ward “ might” come back for his senior year, but he seems to want to play professionally somewhere. Far from done he is leaving.
With Winston back, easily top 3 team next year. Very good veteran talent, several studs coming in

Winston ate up Zavier Simpson. He is a heck of a defender. B1G all defensive team.
MSU can switch 1 through 5 defensively. Tillman, Goins, Henry and Mc Quaid( B1G all defensive team) are all excellent, versatile defenders. Winston is average, but the other four are ultra solid.
Duke ball pressure has always been what bothered MSU. It wont if they play this year.
Not saying Duke isnt the favorite, but this is a very unique MSU team. They score easily and defend elitely.
Hope they get to meet. Will be a fun game to watch. Much better “ team” than the one with Bridges and JJJ, both O and D wise.
The three Michigan games, in the last 15 minutes of each(45 minutes) MSU outscored UM 104-58. They grind teams down

Well Michigan isn’t Duke and have Zion Williamson. We will beat them in the paint and we’re a better defensive team than them. Coach K always outcoaches Izzo also

Michigan blew out Carolina

What does that have to do with Duke? Anybody with two good eyes can see that Duke is better than Michigan right now. On both sides of the ball. Once again we own Izzo. He’s scared to play Duke. I wouldn’t be surprised if the lose first weekend. They only beat big ten teams

Senior.
They will return Xavier Tillman, Aaron Henry, Cassius Winston( three current starters) plus original starter Langford. And veteran Kyle Ahrens, kid who got hurt Sunday, has a 40 inch vertical. Very talented 5 man core.
They bring in top 30 guard Rocket Watts( wait till everybody sees this kid, 2 guard scorer) immediate stud,
Top 50 6’8 wing Malik Hall, and Texas 6’8 late bloomer Julius Marble, staff was tickled to swipe late.
This in addition to 4 current frosh who have sat most of the time this year, couple are very good prospects. And Ward “ might” come back for his senior year, but he seems to want to play professionally somewhere. Far from done he is leaving.
With Winston back, easily top 3 team next year. Very good veteran talent, several studs coming in
Thanks for the update. We were very interested in that info.

Reactions: sheyduke
Senior.
I’m talking about back from his injury he got playing against Michigan I don’t care about next year at the moment.

I’m talking about back from his injury he got playing against Michigan I don’t care about next year at the moment.
I thought it was McQuiad that got stretchered off the court.

I hate looking this far ahead but I keep telling myself we do not affect the outcome of any games.

I respect Mich. State, but it appears to me they need Winston to run wild, and with us having 2 point guards who can stick with him, we'll slow him down just enough. Everyone thinks they can hold Zion to 18 or 20 points until they play him. I can't imagine Mich. State playing him better than both UNC and Fl. State, and he'll be better rested and have more play under his belt if and when the game happens.

I hate looking this far ahead but I keep telling myself we do not affect the outcome of any games.

I respect Mich. State, but it appears to me they need Winston to run wild, and with us having 2 point guards who can stick with him, we'll slow him down just enough. Everyone thinks they can hold Zion to 18 or 20 points until they play him. I can't imagine Mich. State playing him better than both UNC and Fl. State, and he'll be better rested and have more play under his belt if and when the game happens.

Mi state is third in the nation in 2 point field goal percentage allowed at 41%. To have any chance against Duke your going to have to be good in that area. They are the best 2 point offense in the country. Two strengths meeting up
Dont think Winston is going to be slowed down much by anybody. The Michigan point guard is an elite defender and Winston averaged above his norm against them. Winston is very smart, and a veteran, with excellent shooters around him
Think that game would come down to Duke making a good number of 3’s, and MSU being effecient offensively

Mi state is third in the nation in 2 point field goal percentage allowed at 41%. To have any chance against Duke your going to have to be good in that area. They are the best 2 point offense in the country. Two strengths meeting up
Dont think Winston is going to be slowed down much by anybody. The Michigan point guard is an elite defender and Winston averaged above his norm against them. Winston is very smart, and a veteran, with excellent shooters around him
Think that game would come down to Duke making a good number of 3’s, and MSU being effecient offensively
Duke won’t have to hit a lot of threes just hit the ones they shoot. Winston is a veteran but I’ll take Tre locking him down for 94 feet. It will be a good game should the two teams meet

Last edited:
Duke won’t have to hit a lot of threes just hit the ones they shoot. Winston is a veteran but I’ll take Tre licking him down for 94 feet. It will be a good game should the two teams meet

You might want to proofread your posts before hitting "post." ;)

Zavier Simpson is an excellent defender and had a tough time with Winston. But I do think Tre is a little better of a defender than Simpson. I would be very interested in seeing how he does against Winston. He's shown repeatedly that he can shut down just about any guard out there in college basketball.

Reactions: 340duster340

Well Michigan doesn’t pressure the ball 94 feet like Duke if I recall. And we’re different. We better on both sides of the court than them

Well Michigan doesn’t pressure the ball 94 feet like Duke if I recall. And we’re different. We better on both sides of the court than them

Michigan's defensive efficiency numbers, depending upon who you talk to, are typically top 3. Curious as to the basis for your position that Duke has a better defense than Michigan and Michigan State.

You might want to proofread your posts before hitting "post." ;)

Zavier Simpson is an excellent defender and had a tough time with Winston. But I do think Tre is a little better of a defender than Simpson. I would be very interested in seeing how he does against Winston. He's shown repeatedly that he can shut down just about any guard out there in college basketball.
I thought I did edit it my bag,lol.

Curious as to what you're basing this on.

I knew I would get one of you with the bait. Michigan plays in a league that doesn’t have much offense. The average offensive efficiency of teams they have played is 28. Duke’s average opponent’s offensive efficiency is 5. That’s a huge difference. I could make a case that if we swap schedules Duke would be ranked higher. Personnel wise we have better defenders as a team also. Our weakest defender is RJ Barrett and he’s a much better defender than Poole. Tre Jones has proven all year that he’s the best point guard defender. Cam and Zion are both high level defenders as well. Teske isn’t close to Marques. So there’s what I’m basing it off. Duke is clearly better than both teams like I said.

I knew I would get one of you with the bait. Michigan plays in a league that doesn’t have much offense. The average offensive efficiency of teams they have played is 28. Duke’s average opponent’s offensive efficiency is 5. That’s a huge difference. I could make a case that if we swap schedules Duke would be ranked higher. Personnel wise we have better defenders as a team also. Our weakest defender is RJ Barrett and he’s a much better defender than Poole. Tre Jones has proven all year that he’s the best point guard defender. Cam and Zion are both high level defenders as well. Teske isn’t close to Marques. So there’s what I’m basing it off. Duke is clearly better than both teams like I said.

Using Ken Pom :

ACC has 8 teams in the top 50
B1G has 11 teams in the top 50

Offensively:
ACC has 6 teams in top 50 offensively
B1G has 6 teams in top 50 offensively

Defensively:
ACC has 8 teams defensively in top 50
BIG has 9 teams defensively in top 50

Not sure how this effects the above, but B1G this year went to 20 conference games. More games against teams that know you and scout you better.

Top 5 offenses per conference.......ACC......2,6, 7, 12 and 29.......B1G.....4, 5, 15,18 27

Top 5 defenses per conference......ACC.....5,6,10,12, 16..another at 24......B1G.......2,3,8,22, 26.....another at 27

Remarkably similar stats

Really hope Duke plays MSU now. Wont have to worry about these guys coming back if it happens.

I appreciate the stats and that the visitors are going to bat for their conference. However, I believe even they said that the ACC is stronger at the top. Given that, I like our chances.

Let's play the games. All this may end up moot anyway.

Using Ken Pom :

ACC has 8 teams in the top 50
B1G has 11 teams in the top 50

Offensively:
ACC has 6 teams in top 50 offensively
B1G has 6 teams in top 50 offensively

Defensively:
ACC has 8 teams defensively in top 50
BIG has 9 teams defensively in top 50

Not sure how this effects the above, but B1G this year went to 20 conference games. More games against teams that know you and scout you better.

Top 5 offenses per conference.......ACC......2,6, 7, 12 and 29.......B1G.....4, 5, 15,18 27

Top 5 defenses per conference......ACC.....5,6,10,12, 16..another at 24......B1G.......2,3,8,22, 26.....another at 27

Remarkably similar stats

Schedule as a whole Duke has played much better offenses. Duke dropped a lot once Zion went out those 6 games

Schedule as a whole Duke has played much better offenses. Duke dropped a lot once Zion went out those 6 games

Mi st played a stretch with 31 points per game( 2 stud starters) out of its lineup.... Ward and Langford. Langford remains out. Still finished 11-1 down the stretch including 5 wins over Wiscy and UM
Not to be dissagreable, but you guys were one Wake misfire from being 3-4 without him.
Thats worrisome to depend on just one guy to become very ordinary

Mi st played a stretch with 31 points per game( 2 stud starters) out of its lineup.... Ward and Langford. Langford remains out. Still finished 11-1 down the stretch including 5 wins over Wiscy and UM
Not to be dissagreable, but you guys were one Wake misfire from being 3-4 without him.
Thats worrisome to depend on just one guy to become very ordinary

How many titles do the Bulls win without Jordan? Fortunately for them, they had him. And fortunately for us, we have Zion

I actually think that more national champions than not, don't win that title without their best player. I don't think 91 and 92 Duke does without Laettner, ky without Davis, uconn without Kimba walker.....and so on. I think that one guy DOES matter. And again, luckily, we have that guy

Reactions: dbav
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT