ADVERTISEMENT

Should They Stay Or Should They Go Now?

I'd gladly be wrong. I have PTSD from seasons past. Even RR is envious we're getting 2 guys back.

All we can do is wait and see but lets be clear, if Roach and Flip return, this team is DEFINITELY preseason #1 and in my opinion, headed to being one of the more elite teams then we have seen around here. Not the most talented BUT the talent plus experience

I think Roach should come back I have just heard he isn't. Maybe coming back fever is catching. A chance to hang a banner has its advantages.
He has said since the beginning of the season that he was leaving. But after weighing all the options, he is reconsidering. No decision has been made either way when it comes to Roach.

I think flip is coming back and obviously roach knows that.. add that to proctor and Mitchell we have a chance to roll out 4 of the same 5 starters which is crazy. That has to speak to roach because it would absolutely be banner or bust for that team

It is a breath of fresh air to have some good news at the end of the season like this after so many years of just waiving goodbye. When's the last time we had good news at the end of the year like this? Maybe Tyus Jones?

I don't expect Flip AND Roach back. One out of two would be a bonus. Getting both would put the nation on alert!

Duke has 5 coming in. Three are 6-8 forwards, the other two are combo guards. Coming back is Mitchell, Proctor, Young, Blakes, Schutt, and Reeves. Awaiting Flip's decision, and according to many here, the staff is very interested in a big from Dayton.

I've been wrong before, but with what's definitely coming, I think it's way too crowded if Roach stays. In my opinion, we need Flip more than we need Roach.

I said all along we need one of Roach and Proctor back. I'd love to have Roach back too. Mitchell and Young back is great. Flip and Roach back seems unlikely. Flip could test. Flip coming back would be the biggest guy back for me since Singler came back for his senior year, esp. as he could be late first round.

Last edited:
Getting freshman back in numbers is a novelty...we will see if the extra year produces the success some anticipate. It certainly beats early season growing pains and the same discussions on the board! Who will be the first transfer?

We just don't know what Duke is doing with NIL but I suspect with a full time GM we're making it worthwhile for the likely 2nd rounders to come back.

But let's watch out what we say about "running it back". It doesn't always work out :rolleyes:

We just don't know what Duke is doing with NIL but I suspect with a full time GM we're making it worthwhile for the likely 2nd rounders to come back.

But let's watch out what we say about "running it back". It doesn't always work out :rolleyes:

Yep..seem to recall a final four team that had all their players return, were pre-season #1 and didnt make the NCAAT....oh the joy!!

The two freshmen that played very little on this team were Schutt, who was rated by Devils Den at 75, and Reeves, rated at 145. The lowest among the others was Proctor at 27.
The lowest rated among the five that are coming in? 20. That tells me they expect to play. Not all 5 will start, especially now that Proctor and Mitchell are coming back. Minutes will also be cut if Flip returns, and another one if we get this big from Dayton, because we have Young already, who isn't garbage.

If Flip comes back and Roach comes back, guys may leave. But returning starters is always a good thing. I suspect Roach won't come back and Flip and the Dayton guy are either or, but who knows. So far, a great week for Duke.

Last edited:
No. I'd love to know everything said, but getting 3rd or 4th hand info, I usually have to be careful about what I post about any situation. Plus, my dude reads the board, and I don't want to put anything out there that would put the kibosh on getting info out of Fort Knox. He would be a great politician, haha
Nah man, Retired Soldier would be a horrible politician. He plays it too straight!!

Reactions: QC Dukie
No. I'd love to know everything said, but getting 3rd or 4th hand info, I usually have to be careful about what I post about any situation. Plus, my dude reads the board, and I don't want to put anything out there that would put the kibosh on getting info out of Fort Knox. He would be a great politician, haha
Nah man, Retired Soldier would be a horrible politician. He plays it too straight!!
Well, he's not my source, 😂
Really? You and RS must have the same source then! Because it looks almost like copy and paste! LOL!!

Reactions: QC Dukie

Really? You and RS must have the same source then! Because it looks almost like copy and paste! LOL!!
Haha, not hardly, I didn't hear anything about Roach or a 4th transfer big.

Well, he's not my source, 😂
Whats up man? I haven't posted here in a few years. I think I'll start more though. I'm not claiming to be your source, but man we talk almost the same words in reference to post you have made here that I make on DBB. Please tell me one of your sources isn't a military veteran because if he is, he lied to me about only provind me the info lol.

I wonder if Jon's more laid back approach will help guys stick around. Coach K was the GOAT no doubt but I imagine he wasn't the easiest coach to play for.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Haha, not hardly, I didn't hear anything about Roach or a 4th transfer big.
In refence to Roach, I saw you mentioned in another post that he told Jon and the staff that this year was going to be his last year before the season even started. Is he having a change of heart now? There is another big that Duke and him have mutual interest. I just haven't said anything on DBB yet.

Whats up man? I haven't posted here in a few years. I think I'll start more though. I'm not claiming to be your source, but man we talk almost the same words in reference to post you have made here that I make on DBB. Please tell me one of your sources isn't a military veteran because if he is, he lied to me about only provind me the info lol.
No worries. I get that. I posted pretty vague information, like most do. Not exactly sure why I am being singled out here though, haha I have one source outside of the boards and Twitter, and he's not a veteran.

No worries. I get that. I posted pretty vague information, like most do. Not exactly sure why I am being singled out here though, haha I have one source outside of the boards and Twitter, and he's not a veteran.
I feel you. But man to be honest, you are using almost the exact same language I'm using on DBB. I know you be signed in over there but don't post any info when guys be asking questions. I figured if you're signed in all the time, I know when people sign in and out since I was one of the creaters of the board, you would help me out answering all the question and giving the board members some help because you got sources. Share what you know if you're going to sign in and hang out lol.

Last edited:
I feel you. But man to be honest, you are using almost the exact same language I'm using on DBB. I know you be signed in over there but don't post any info when guys be asking questions. I figured if you're signed in all the time, I know when people sign in and out since I was one of the creaters of the board, you would help me out answering all the question and giving the board memebers some help because you got sources. Share what you know if you're going to sign in and hang out lol.
Well, I don't think I have used the same language, and you know, more than one person can get information from outside of social media and message boards, haha I am a lot of things but a thief or a liar isn't one of them, especially not to play insider on a message board. I do go over and check. I'm always signed here too. I always post here because I'm not too fond of change, haha

Well, I don't think I have used the same language, and you know, more than one person can get information from outside of social media and message boards, haha I am a lot of things but a thief or a liar isn't one of them, especially not to play insider on a message board. I do go over and check. I'm always signed here too. I always post here because I'm not too fond of change, haha

Calling you out haha

It's a little weird, haha I'm still not sure why, but eh, no worries, life is too short. Been posting here for a long time; I never had that happen before, haha

I agree.. somebody musta went and tattled on you.. if the info is correct then multiple folks know lol you were vague for a reason. Nobody owns that info though so strange

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT