ADVERTISEMENT

Season probably over

Taking full advantage of 20/20 hindsight here.

No. You don’t see the issue with housing a small team with a large team that isn’t even in season? You don’t see an issue with continuing to house them in the same building while knowing frat parties going on? The football team isn’t going to be as serious since only practice is going on. Covid hangs in the air, It’s not surprising someone got infected by living in the same building even if they maintained distancing . If you can’t see those as red flags I dont know what to tell you, willful ignorance

Reactions: geddoughton23
Is it true that they are saying it was a staffer and not a player? If so, this is gut punch kind of stuff.

@ioliva is 100% correct. Why would you share housing with the football team, knowing they’re having Covid issues? Why?
The K apologists, like @GAAP, refuse to see the stupid decision making that was done here. This was a total disaster, one where those that made the decision to be around the football team should be held accountable.

Reactions: ioliva
Am I the only one that didn’t see us beating Florida state?
It sucks yes, especially for Moore and Hurt . Two years and still no NCAA tourney .
It is what it is. Time to go fishing

It sucks yes, especially for Moore and Hurt . Two years and still no NCAA tourney .
We had a shot but it wasn't a good match up for us. I'd say we lose 2 out of 3 to them, maybe 3 out of 4. But we certainly had a chance. Stinks that we'll never know.

Last edited:

So you didn’t even wanna try to beat FSU? That would’ve been a crucial win over a quality opponent. You don’t surrender before you even try to fight.

Reactions: ioliva
I've heard when you are exposed you can still be a carrier even if you test negative, which is why the 2 week or 10 day quarantine thing is a rule. But yeah, not sure everyone else is doing this.

I saw the
They haven't really been playing well thier last 4 or 5 games and lost quite a few. They were very turnover prone and weren't shooting well. We had a shot.

Reactions: christophero
I've heard when you are exposed you can still be a carrier even if you test negative, which is why the 2 week or 10 day quarantine thing is a rule. But yeah, not sure everyone else is doing this.

I've read every conceivable theory out there and still don't know what is true or false.

Reactions: christophero
I think the good news is we are fans of a team with a very high standard of ethics. Certainly Duke did not want to risk spreading covid to others if there was a possibility.

The bad news is we are fans of a team with a very high standard of ethics and chose not to risk spread to others over a game.

It's just a gut punch. Look, I think any rational fan knew the odds of us stringing together 2 more wins and sneaking into the NCAA were slim, but we had a fighter's chance. If we shot the ball well from 3 we could hand with anyone in the country, even the Zags, I believe that. FL State has not been a pillar of constancy recently.

Seeing Williams dominate like that, and now not being able to see him finish the season reminds me of the way I felt when the season ended last year and we didn't get to see Justin Robinson finish off his career.

Ugh...... :(

It's just a gut punch. Look, I think any rational fan knew the odds of us stringing together 2 more wins and sneaking into the NCAA were slim, but we had a fighter's chance. If we shot the ball well from 3 we could hand with anyone in the country, even the Zags, I believe that. FL State has not been a pillar of constancy recently.

Seeing Williams dominate like that, and now not being able to see him finish the season reminds me of the way I felt when the season ended last year and we didn't get to see Justin Robinson finish off his career.

Ugh...... :(

These last few years have been rough, had to watch Carolina win the title, Grayson's shot rolling out and then that ****ing block call that we all know was a charge, losing another heartbreaker to Michigan State, the season being abruptly ended after the team started clicking on senior night, and now this. Look, I am not an idiot, we didn't have a snowballs chance in hell of winning a NT this season. But I do think we had a shot at 5 games in 5 days to potentially win the ACC. And that would've been pretty damn awesome to see. I feel so bad for these players, the staff, and our fanbase. This will not be the last team to see their season end because of covid sadly.

Hopefully some fans will realize, you can’t take any player, coach or season for granted. Some may choose not to come back next season. Enjoy them while they’re here!

This is absolutely sucks. We had a real shot to beat FSU, and win the tourney.

Gutted for the players, the staff, and the fanbase. This has been the most shit year of sports I can remember and just shit year in general. Thankful for my physical health, but covid has been tough on the mental state of myself and many others. I hope and pray we get a handle on things and soon. I fear Duke will not be the last big school to see their season ended by covid this year.

I think they failed to win atleast 10 games for the first time in almost 100 years

Ugly season in Durham but a historic Horrendous season in Lexington at 9-16.

Duke without the piss poor decisions (brought the team in late, cancels 3 OOC games that were wins, etc. very likely squeaks into the NCAA tournament. Kentucky was never an NCAA tournament team period.

Ugly season in Durham but a historic Horrendous season in Lexington at 9-16.

Duke without the piss poor decisions (brought the team in late, cancels 3 OOC games that were wins, etc. very likely squeaks into the NCAA tournament. Kentucky was never an NCAA tournament team period.

It's too bad we didn't have you there to coach the team. You would've made all the right decisions and we would be in the tournament and playing tonight under your steady hand.

It's too bad we didn't have you there to coach the team. You would've made all the right decisions and we would be in the tournament and playing tonight under your steady hand.

Wiping out your preseason practice time and then canceling automatic wins Is a self inflicted wound. Then add in three ACC games that were never played, a star who quits(and I bet there’s more to that story than we’ll ever know) and there you have it. Go back and read the comments, K wanted to shut this thing down before it even got going last year just like the women did. He thought everybody would just join in and agree, they didn’t and I will never hold a different opinion on this situation but that one.

so let’s look ahead to next year, I guess unccheat will have fans at their games but Duke won’t? The holes will fight for their kids while Duke will be political again.

Gutted for the players, the staff, and the fanbase. This has been the most shit year of sports I can remember and just shit year in general. Thankful for my physical health, but covid has been tough on the mental state of myself and many others. I hope and pray we get a handle on things and soon. I fear Duke will not be the last big school to see their season ended by covid this year.
This shit is wearing down everyone. It's been a full year of it and no end in sight. Though with vaccine rolling out we should be able to start getting ahead of it, just gotta hang on a bit longer.

Reactions: Quavarius
Wiping out your preseason practice time and then canceling automatic wins Is a self inflicted wound. Then add in three ACC games that were never played, a star who quits(and I bet there’s more to that story than we’ll ever know) and there you have it. Go back and read the comments, K wanted to shut this thing down before it even got going last year just like the women did. He thought everybody would just join in and agree, they didn’t and I will never hold a different opinion on this situation but that one.

so let’s look ahead to next year, I guess unccheat will have fans at their games but Duke won’t? The holes will fight for their kids while Duke will be political again.

You need to find a new team to root for then I guess. We don't need bullshit fans like yourself.

This shit is wearing down everyone. It's been a full year of it and no end in sight. Though with vaccine rolling out we should be able to start getting ahead of it, just gotta hang on a bit longer.

Yeah, trying to hang on as best as one can, all things considered. That's the main thing here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT