ADVERTISEMENT

Foster returning next year

GAAP

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Apr 9, 2002
Whew! DBR podcast preview:

Our first 2024 offseason episode is here, featuring next year's backcourt: Caleb Foster and Tyrese Proctor. The veteran guards recap this past season and NCAA Tournament with host Ryan Young and look ahead to the future and how they are looking to improve during the upcoming campaign.

YES!!!!
Awesome news. We will have one of the nation's best backcourts! My confidence for next year is growing. Comon back Jeremy and hang a banner! Let's bring Stewart and Power back for some experience up front.

Last edited:
Reactions: The_Only_Blue
Great news! Roster so far for 2024/2025:

Tyrese Proctor 6’5

Caleb Foster 6’5

Isaiah Evans 6’6

Darren Harris 6’6

Kon Knueppel 6’5

Cooper Flagg 6’9

Khaman Malachi 7’2

Patrick Ngongba 6’11

Tremendous size everywhere. Hopefully Sean and TJ return. Jaden, don’t see Jeremy coming back but would anyone complain? I certainly wouldn’t. Never know who could be on the portal radar as well but this is shaping up very nicely folks!

Anytime a team gets two high rated guards back for another year, they’re fortunate. When it’s Duke, it’s not what we’re used to, but very welcomed. Hope Stewart and Power are next.

Then let’s see if we can find another with good experience.

Game Show Wow GIF by ABC Network

Great news! Roster so far for 2024/2025:

Tyrese Proctor 6’5

Caleb Foster 6’5

Isaiah Evans 6’6

Darren Harris 6’6

Kon Knueppel 6’5

Cooper Flagg 6’9

Khaman Malachi 7’2

Patrick Ngongba 6’11

Tremendous size everywhere. Hopefully Sean and TJ return. Jaden, don’t see Jeremy coming back but would anyone complain? I certainly wouldn’t. Never know who could be on the portal radar as well but this is shaping up very nicely folks!
This is why I wanted Blakes back. A backup.

Anytime a team gets two high rated guards back for another year, they’re fortunate. When it’s Duke, it’s not what we’re used to, but very welcomed. Hope Stewart and Power are next.

Then let’s see if we can find another with good experience.
We need another forward. Depending on where they want to play Cooper, need either a SF or PF. Could also use a back up Center with some experience, another outside shooter, and backup PG. We’ve got 5 scholarships left to use. If Stewart and Power come back then that leaves us with 3 scholarships left.

We need another forward. Depending on where they want to play Cooper, need either a SF or PF. Could also use a back up Center with some experience, another outside shooter, and backup PG. We’ve got 5 scholarships left to use. If Stewart and Power come back then that leaves us with 3 scholarships left.
Just from watching the Nike hoops summit, I think we need a center. Khaman is ok but he still looks kind of raw. Maybe he needs some extra time to adapt to the American style game? Maybe an all star you're game isn't where he shines since it's mostly just running up and down and offense?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jjallen
Just from watching the Nike hoops summit, I think we need a center. Khaman is ok but he still looks kind of raw. Maybe he needs some extra time to adapt to the American style game? Maybe an all star you're game isn't were he shines since it's mostly just running up and down and offense?
We have another center in Pat. If we do get another big it needs to be one that can play both the pf/C spots. Stewart is still young and only had limited minutes.

I could see Khaman developing as the season goes, kind of like Lively, which means we need someone who can play big minutes at the 5 as he learns and gets better.
Or maybe considering Cooper and Sean are such good shot blockers, we play small sometimes and have a shooter at the 3...Power, Kon, Isaiah

I'm in the minority compared to what you guys are saying, but give me a portal pg over Roach. He's not going to start for Duke next season, and if he did stay, he'd play a lot less. I seriously doubt he'd go for that.

He gave Duke four good years.

Not sure if I am able to post a thread but wanted to share even if off topic. Grayson Allen just signed a huge 70 mil extension with suns. Dude has been solid as it gets this year. He has been leading the free world in 3pt%. (2nd is kennard)

Not sure if I am able to post a thread but wanted to share even if off topic. Grayson Allen just signed a huge 70 mil extension with suns. Dude has been solid as it gets this year. He has been leading the free world in 3pt%. (2nd is kennard)
That is awesome glad he had the patience for the good fortune to come his way

Reactions: bullcity gamer
Would love for Roach to come back, but I agree with Mac in the sense I just don’t see getting all 3 of Proctor, Foster, and Roach back because they will all be wanting to warrant starter minutes when one of them would be the odd man out. Unless Scheyer can convince one of them to play the Super 6th man role like he himself played throughout the 2007-2008 season I do not see it happening. We also have to remember all 3 of these guys want to play in the nba some day. More exposure on the court helps that. Roach should go somewhere where he can start on a contending team and a team looking for a starting guard such as:

Gonzaga
Houston
Baylor
Tennessee
Alabama

Would love for Roach to come back, but I agree with Mac in the sense I just don’t see getting all 3 of Proctor, Foster, and Roach back because they will all be wanting to warrant starter minutes when one of them would be the odd man out. Unless Scheyer can convince one of them to play the Super 6th man role like he himself played throughout the 2007-2008 season I do not see it happening. We also have to remember all 3 of these guys want to play in the nba some day. More exposure on the court helps that. Roach should go somewhere where he can start on a contending team and a team looking for a starting guard such as:

Gonzaga
Houston
Baylor
Tennessee
Alabama
I’ll be honest the idea of roach at Houston makes me laugh

Gonzaga
Houston
Baylor
Tennessee
Alabama
He probably wouldn't be the point guard not sure he would be starter at shooting guard either

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT