ADVERTISEMENT

Season probably over

Wiping out your preseason practice time and then canceling automatic wins Is a self inflicted wound. Then add in three ACC games that were never played, a star who quits(and I bet there’s more to that story than we’ll ever know) and there you have it. Go back and read the comments, K wanted to shut this thing down before it even got going last year just like the women did. He thought everybody would just join in and agree, they didn’t and I will never hold a different opinion on this situation but that one.

so let’s look ahead to next year, I guess unccheat will have fans at their games but Duke won’t? The holes will fight for their kids while Duke will be political again.
Health and safety of everyone involved isn't political. However there's no reason to think next season will not be much more normal than this one.

You need to find a new team to root for then I guess. We don't need bullshit fans like yourself.

Nah after 40 years you don’t kind of switch teams. You just eventually walk away if it reaches that point. And I was watching these games when you were probably in diapers.

Will we see a single fan in the stands next year in Durham? Can someone reach out to Carolina to ask them how to achieve this?

Roy Williams actively kept pursuing opponents to play to angle his team for The best NCAA tournament position possible and that is exactly what K should have done with all these canceled games. The 3 he canceled himself and the 2 ACC games that were canceled. That’s five games they were short already and K knew this but wasn’t inspired enough to fight for the kids.

Nah after 40 years you don’t kind of switch teams. You just eventually walk away if it reaches that point. And I was watching these games when you were probably in diapers.

I don't care how old or long you've been watching. Your attitude is ****ing shit man. Nothing political about being safe. I've had to watch friends and family members suffer over this damn virus and some have lost their lives. So I think the university is doing the only thing they can here. How would it look if one of our staff or players died from it or gave it to another team who had someone die from it? Is it worth playing the game for that risk? No.

Reactions: jeffrey236
I don't care how old or long you've been watching. Your attitude is ****ing shit man. Nothing political about being safe. I've had to watch friends and family members suffer over this damn virus and some have lost their lives. So I think the university is doing the only thing they can here. How would it look if one of our staff or players died from it or gave it to another team who had someone die from it? Is it worth playing the game for that risk? No.

Why did the ACC even allow a season then? Why was there a Super Bowl? Why are we allowing any activities?

hopefully we will not see a bunch of transfers out like what is going on with the football team. I will just say this, families like to go see Their kids play. If other schools are going to allow that and Duke is not then Houston we are going to have a problem down the road.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fourteen44
So Duke is pulling out but the ACC was not mandating it? Of course, makes perfect sense from a program that never wanted to compete this year anyhow. It is completely unacceptable at how this has been handled. I say this is a 40 year F fan! mark my words recruiting is going to take a dive. Everybody will use it against them. They will tell players that the school will pull out of games, that there will be no fans in the stands, etc.

I am absolutely disgusted with this University right now.
Something feels weird about this whole situation, that’s for sure....

Reactions: Neue Regel
Why did the ACC even allow a season then? Why was there a Super Bowl? Why are we allowing any activities?

hopefully we will not see a bunch of transfers out like what is going on with the football team. I will just say this, families like to go see Their kids play. If other schools are going to allow that and Duke is not then Houston we are going to have a problem down the road.
It’s a fair question. Good news is that, since covid did it’s jobs (or is close to completing in a few key areas), we should be back to normal by October early next year. Remaining question is whether people keep buying the “more deadly variant” crap the media (all media) pushes.

Reactions: Neue Regel
I know everyone is crushed, but let’s put things into perspective: over 500,000 people have died from COVID. Our 74 year old coach was in a high risk group and has managed to avoid it and the team (we never had a single game cancelled due to us have any COVID, until now). Given all that, this was a challenged season that they managed the best they could.

Everyone still being alive is a true blessing. We all have a lot to be thankful for and I know this season will fuel next season when we should be back to or close to normal.

Take some time off. Enjoy your family and we’ll see ya next season!

Peace

You need to find a new team to root for then I guess. We don't need bullshit fans like yourself.
This is a horrible take. This @Neue Regel is closer to the truth about this than you are. K and Duke have royally screwed up this. First, like he said, K supposedly didn’t want to play to begin with, then the women’s team mailing it in. Now some of you guys are afraid to be critical of how K and Duke have handled this safety protocol over the acc tournament.
If this situation was Carolina or Kentucky some of you guys would be laughing it up with the decision to share the hotel with the football team, who’s battling players with Covid. You would say they made a terrible decision. Instead though, several of you tighten up your goggles and brow beat those that think Duke has screwed the pooch.

This was an f up of epic proportion.

When that kid from BC came back out from the locker room mid game and entered the game after suffering "stomach issues" I was pissed. I couldn't help but think "if that f...er" exposes or team...It was an instant reaction I had, right or wrong.
Well, less than 48 hrs later, our team is that f...er that could be infecting another team. Likely, who knows? I won't fault the decision to pull out. Not after I watching that BC kid all over DJ right after re-entering the game and being honest about how that made me feel.

This is a horrible take. This @Neue Regel is closer to the truth about this than you are. K and Duke have royally screwed up this. First, like he said, K supposedly didn’t want to play to begin with, then the women’s team mailing it in. Now some of you guys are afraid to be critical of how K and Duke have handled this safety protocol over the acc tournament.
If this situation was Carolina or Kentucky some of you guys would be laughing it up with the decision to share the hotel with the football team, who’s battling players with Covid. You would say they made a terrible decision. Instead though, several of you tighten up your goggles and brow beat those that think Duke has screwed the pooch.

This was an f up of epic proportion.

Yeah, you're in the same boat as that other clown. You're the last person who should be giving advice on taking off the blinders or goggles.

Yeah, you're in the same boat as that other clown. You're the last person who should be giving advice on taking off the blinders or goggles.

Clearly you are not capable of making a point now with both refusing to comment on some of the items as well as name calling. And I was not going to post and then you had to attack me of course. I think after decades of not being critical and protecting and defending K against untold numbers of online trolls I’ve earned a little bit of a right to be critical for once especially on some things that are based in fact. Nobody is above criticism.

Reactions: Fourteen44
Clearly you are not capable of making a point now with both refusing to comment on some of the items as well as name calling. And I was not going to post and then you had to attack me of course. I think after decades of not being critical and protecting and defending K against untold numbers of online trolls I’ve earned a little bit of a right to be critical for once especially on some things that are based in fact. Nobody is above criticism.

What point is there to make? No matter what I say you're not going to budge. So what's the point in my trying to change your mind? Sorry for calling you clown.

When that kid from BC came back out from the locker room mid game and entered the game after suffering "stomach issues" I was pissed. I couldn't help but think "if that f...er" exposes or team...It was an instant reaction I had, right or wrong.
Well, less than 48 hrs later, our team is that f...er that could be infecting another team. Likely, who knows? I won't fault the decision to pull out. Not after I watching that BC kid all over DJ right after re-entering the game and being honest about how that made me feel.
You're not capable of reading "stomach issues" as the kid had to take a deuce?

So you didn’t even wanna try to beat FSU? That would’ve been a crucial win over a quality opponent. You don’t surrender before you even try to fight.
Team can’t due to covid protocol . So once again it is what it is. Team took a chance traveling back and forth to Durham and it bit them.
Would have liked to watch them play, no I don’t think they beat FSU, but this is what the season has been.
For the record, my daughter had covid and was A symptomatic and now I’m at the doctor once a month since for chest inflammation, loss of breath and a heart monitor for her so sorry but I’ll back K and staff on this .

Last edited:
He’s not capable. Everything is personal to him, sadly.

My brother in law, who is 30, lost all sense of smell and taste for about 2 weeks (this was a month ago or so). No one else in his family got Covid. He tested negative, but we are all convinced it was a false negative. So who knows how easily this spreads and I bet there are a lot of false negatives out there with people who are not even showing any symptoms. He got his smell and taste back....

Wiping out your preseason practice time and then canceling automatic wins Is a self inflicted wound. Then add in three ACC games that were never played, a star who quits(and I bet there’s more to that story than we’ll ever know) and there you have it. Go back and read the comments, K wanted to shut this thing down before it even got going last year just like the women did. He thought everybody would just join in and agree, they didn’t and I will never hold a different opinion on this situation but that one.

so let’s look ahead to next year, I guess unccheat will have fans at their games but Duke won’t? The holes will fight for their kids while Duke will be political again.
Sometimes doing the right thing and winning at any cost aren’t compatible.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Glad this pathetic season is over. Coaches need to lock up in a room and have a therapy session or something. This should not happen again next year or everyone needs to go. Play Paolo and Mark TOGETHER

Yeah, watching my mom suffer with covid and the after effects of it is personal to me. Seeing her best friend die from it is personal to me. So yeah, it's personal.

no one mentioned your family, we mentioned your bipolar replies. I lost family members to covid and deal with it 6 days a week. Does that excuse me for tearing you apart personally? Nah.

and @GAAP stop riding my 🥜 lol

Reactions: GAAP
My brother in law, who is 30, lost all sense of smell and taste for about 2 weeks (this was a month ago or so). No one else in his family got Covid. He tested negative, but we are all convinced it was a false negative. So who knows how easily this spreads and I bet there are a lot of false negatives out there with people who are not even showing any symptoms. He got his smell and taste back....
Tons of false positives too sadly - PCR is a failing assay for ID. Also can’t clearly tell the difference of any of the 7 well known coronaviruses, 4 of which are here every year.

Hope you bro gets better.

no one mentioned your family, we mentioned your bipolar replies. I lost family members to covid and deal with it 6 days a week. Does that excuse me for tearing you apart personally? Nah.

and @GAAP stop riding my 🥜 lol

Wow. You really do go for low hanging fruit. I apologized for calling him a clown, btw. Not that it matters to you or anyone else who has rooted themselves in the position you're in.

Wow. You really do go for low hanging fruit. I apologized for calling him a clown, btw. Not that it matters to you or anyone else who has rooted themselves in the position you're in.

No one cares, you’ll do it again. You’re consistently disparaging towards those who disagree with you. Just stop using covid as the excuse. Cool? 😉

not sure what this means - but if it turns out it was a false positive man that would be a kick to the groin!! I just speculating and it could be completely different

not sure what this means - but if it turns out it was a false positive man that would be a kick to the groin!! I just speculating and it could be completely different

Just saw that. People are speculating it is. I wonder if it's over FSU winning and our boys not getting their shot at the holes and to make the title game. But, who knows?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT