ADVERTISEMENT

Scheyer staff

We're a 2 seed, you didn't make the tournament. What is there to debate?
(Agree with you on St. Peter's RR is in meltdown mode.)

We're a 2 seed, you didn't make the tournament. What is there to debate?
(Agree with you on St. Peter's RR is in meltdown mode.)

There’s a lot that could be debated but that’s neither here nor there, riding too high off the Peacocks win to get into all that

FWIW I’ve got you all in the FF against Purdue, would be nice to see K make one last run

This board has been pretty down the last week but maybe we're due for a run. Kentucky was a trendy final four pick before today.
I never thought final four good but they were good. Duke needs to come out with a defensive intensity no team has seen!

Survive and advance

Reactions: christophero
Keep Amite in current position and bring in some experience...Wojo not a bad idea

Keep Amite in current position and bring in some experience...Wojo not a bad idea
Does anyone really think Amile moved from Philly back to Durham to stay at the player development position?
what’s not to say CWell doesn’t finally take a head coaching job like Nate did .

wasnt sure what thread this thought might fit but this will do. Given that all the coaching mentoring our current staff and future HC have had from Coach K...will they stick to man to man as our primary defense or will JS bring in his own defensive philosophy? Its hard not to be influenced by the GOAT, but we have all said that we could use more flexibility in our defensive schemes at times. I hope we see more variety and adaptation

wasnt sure what thread this thought might fit but this will do. Given that all the coaching mentoring our current staff and future HC have had from Coach K...will they stick to man to man as our primary defense or will JS bring in his own defensive philosophy? Its hard not to be influenced by the GOAT, but we have all said that we could use more flexibility in our defensive schemes at times. I hope we see more variety and adaptation
I think John steps outside K’s thinking .

Your team didn’t make the tournament, they fired their coach midseason when the team quit on him, and you’re over here blowing up an opposing teams board who’s focused on the tournament because you might take one of our Assistant coaches? You’re the definition of sad.
Bingo. Not much else for them to do obviously. Sad sad fan base.

I'm still surprised that Sheldon Williams never made it back to the coaching staff... heck at least run a defensive camp each year. I'd like wojo. I think he is humble enough to take a side assistant role for a young new coach. Scheyer, Carrawell, Nolan, Amile, Wojo...
I agree that Shelden NEEDS to be at Duke..no brainer..I'm a hard pass on Woj Collins and Capel.this is a new day

Last edited:
Reactions: DBM0828 and KDSTONE
Why would Nolan leave for Lville? Yes, his dad, but still. I don’t see how that’s a helpful career move.
I think Nolan would be the top assistant at Louisville, something he wouldn't be at Duke. I also see that he would be paid very well, more than he's making at Duke. Then throw in the history, I can see why he would entertain this offer.

I think Nolan would be the top assistant at Louisville, something he wouldn't be at Duke. I also see that he would be paid very well, more than he's making at Duke. Then throw in the history, I can see why he would entertain this offer
The concerning thing is duke didn’t want to match…Pay attention to Elon’s basketball coach

Reactions: christophero
I hope Nolan gets an opportunity to get a head coaching job this year. Really don't want to see him at any ACC school even as an asst. I feel it would be unfortable for him and the present coaching staff as well if we do have any guys returning. I understand the wotking under Jon deal but he surely could hang until a head job opens. OFC

Good opportunity for Nolan. Could be a blessing in disguise; Jon can now bring in the experienced assistant I've been wanting. Next year is a big task for Jon; when we lose 2-3 straight ACC games it would be nice to have a veteran presence. I'm sorry but the way Nolan and Carrawell handled the Davis handshake line did not impress me.

Well if Nolan does go to the Ville, I hope he is going to a clean, reputable program and is a part of doing things the right way. There has been some crazy stuff going on with the Cardsover the years. I will support Nolan and root for the Cards if they operate with integrity. If he joins Payne, I hope Payne deserves his loyalty/support.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
It makes total sense. He has no idea what the future for Jon and duke will be.. if it goes south and he stays he’ll be tied to that.. Kenny will have a much longer leash at Lville and smaller expectations.. if things go bad with Jon and Nolan gets a head job within a couple years out of Lville he can set himself up for the duke job

Reactions: SWEc/o95
Good opportunity for Nolan. Could be a blessing in disguise; Jon can now bring in the experienced assistant I've been wanting. Next year is a big task for Jon; when we lose 2-3 straight ACC games it would be nice to have a veteran presence. I'm sorry but the way Nolan and Carrawell handled the Davis handshake line did not impress me.

i love the idea of him going.. I want Jon to have a complete fresh start

There are way more unknowns with Lville than Duke next year. Lville is a dumpster fire of a program at the moment.

I wonder how Nolan’s absence will affect our recruiting, too.

It will affect our recruiting the same way Nate James and Capel leaving affected our recruiting. But that can change; Kentucky still recruits well but is no longer the "it" destination. If we go to the NIT next year will the coach K fairy dust start to wear off? If UNC cuts down the nets they may become the cool school. It happens. Why would kids not want to play for Davis right now, as much as it hurts to say it? They play loose and look like they are having fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: geddoughton23
It will affect our recruiting the same way Nate James and Capel leaving affected our recruiting. But that can change; Kentucky still recruits well but is no longer the "it" destination. If we go to the NIT next year will the coach K fairy dust start to wear off? If UNC cuts down the nets they may become the cool school. It happens. Why would kids not want to play for Davis right now, as much as it hurts to say it? They play loose and look like they are having fun.
Tbh you gotta get kids to the nba, that’s what sells programs. Unc doesn’t have anyone worth a dam in the nba right now, no one on their roster will change that. But with them getting gg(it’s happening) things can change quick

Who is Villanova getting to the pros? Texas Tech? There's more than one way to do it. They have had a few but not many.

Reactions: pisgah101
Who is Villanova getting to the pros? Texas Tech? There's more than one way to do it. They have had a few but not many.
Nova has some decent guys, tt I give you that but I don’t think they’ve been great for very long and beard leaving IMO will ultimately really hurt. Tech if anything feels like a transfer destination. Tbh our biggest problem is guys bolt early that aren’t close to ready, unc somehow keeps everyone

Cwell looks like he’d be an unpleasant cat to be around with his constant pepto bismol facial expression

Reactions: Mac9192
I'm glad he's gone. We can move on and hopefully find someone with more experience and NBA experience. I love Nolan for what he gave us as a player but he's barely been in the coaching ranks. Not trying to be an ass but am I missing something? Was he a top recruiter for us or was that mostly Scheyer and K doing that?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT