ADVERTISEMENT

Other Games

Gonzaga living at the free throw line or they would be getting destroyed right now.
Baylor is more physical and aggressive on d so they’ll be called for more fouls. Zags too finesse to be an all time team. Great I offense tough

Hard to make a comeback against such good defense - if the Zags can make a 3 or two then maybe but they haven't all night. Baylor just responds so well to any run attempt with better defense and hitting a 3...very impressive

I'm not a Zags hater! I pulled for them against Carolina in 2017!! But yeah, Baylor has been on a totally different level this Final Four. Impressive as hell.

They should've beat Carolina. That was so disappointing. I just like Few and hate it for those kids. I'll pull for the Zags unless they're playing our boys.

They should've beat Carolina. That was so disappointing. I just like Few and hate it for those kids. I'll pull for the Zags unless they're playing our boys.

Hard to beat a team when the refs are giving them every call and point blank stealing the game from them. I'll never forget Meeks out of bounds in front of the refs with the ball and then UNC catching the ball out of bounds with two feet on the floor and the refs call nothing. Oh yeah, the constant over the backs and pushing in the back with no calls. Again, kind of tough to beat a team when they can do whatever they want.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I'm just happy for Scott Drew. Dudes put up with a massive amount of crap since he got to Baylor. And yes, that was hugely disappointing.

Oh no doubt. I have nothing against Drew or Baylor. Good for them, they've earned it. He has built a damn fine program there. Just seems like the Zags will always be the bridesmaid and never the bride.

An impressive show of efficiency, teamwork and desire - the composition and understanding of the Baylor team on their roles therein is awesome to watch. Jims and Joes as Barkley says...no ego's, just winning team basketball. Congrats to Coach Drew and the Baylor Bears! ( and my wife....a Baylor Alum and now a CBB fan :) )

Reactions: Shatterthesky22
An impressive show of efficiency, teamwork and desire - the composition and understanding of the Baylor team on their roles therein is awesome to watch. Jims and Joes as Barkley says...no ego's, just winning team basketball. Congrats to Coach Drew and the Baylor Bears! ( and my wife....a Baylor Alum and now a CBB fan :) )
Haha nice!

Thought it would be closer. It really was almost men vs boys. Baylor doesn’t have 1 good guard, they have 3. Vital is a beast on the boards, and he’s only 6-5.
Drew has done a phenomenal job there.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Wanted Gonzaga because I have so much respect for that program but happy for all those Baylor juniors and seniors.

Baylor knocked back Zags early and answered anything Few tried. 50/50 balls were owned by Bears.

Suggs bank 3 still in same category as Laettner & Jenkins? I think not!

Reactions: GAAP
I thought this would've been a back and forth toss up game, it wasn't. Baylor outplayed them from the tip. Gonzaga played great all year and really just ran into a buzz saw tonight. A lot of people are reveling in their demise. Still don't understand that, but oh well. Both teams had seasons deserving of winning a title. Baylor got theirs. Scott Drew has built a program there. Zags shouldn't hang their head.

Oh and at least it wasn't us getting are asses handed to us in the title game. I had nightmares for a year after that UNLV 30 point beat down in '90.

Reactions: christophero
Well that was brutal, and I was wrong. Baylor clearly the better team. Reminded me of the UNLV beat down. Can the Zags recover?

I wonder who will return for them next season. Could we see Kispert use that extra year? Does Suggs forgo the draft and come back? I say no to both of those, but you never know.

His play shocked me the most. That and the way they started the 1st half. Suggs picking up those 2 fouls early was a bad omen for them. Seemed like Baylor made the right play every time it looked like the Zags might cut into it. Drew had them prepared and he outcoached Few tonight.

Chet is good but he ain't gonna make them tougher. If Kispert comes back that would be big for them, even though he stunk tonight.

Chet needs to eat some hamburgers. But, he is very good. You're right though, he is not the answer for them with regards to toughness. They may end up with Kessler too. This is going to be one interesting offseason.

The Gonzaga board seemed to think they would have been better off losing to UCLA the other day, and I agree. People are going to remember this.

Gonzaga will continue to be a solid program I believe, and continue to breeze thru their podunk conference. They've also show an ability to play w/the big boys.However they're obviously not ready to take over Duke's place as the premier college program as was implied here.

OFC

Reactions: Mac9192
The Gonzaga board seemed to think they would have been better off losing to UCLA the other day, and I agree. People are going to remember this.
Bad coaching by Few? He let his team get way too high after the UCLA game. Was that him doing postgame hand stands in the locker room? Compare his behavior to K's after the big UNLV win in the 1991 semis.

Reminds me of Wisconsin in 2015. They left everything on the court against Kentucky and were tired against us. Not taking anything away from Jah, etc., but Wisconsin was a tired team.

Reactions: geddoughton23
Reminds me of Wisconsin in 2015. They left everything on the court against Kentucky and were tired against us. Not taking anything away from Jah, etc., but Wisconsin was a tired team.

They didn't seem tired. I think our defense was a huge reason why we won. I saw a frustrated team out there. They complained about officiating during and after the game. Which stems from Bo Ryan. Watch that game again.

Reactions: Quavarius
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT