ADVERTISEMENT

Other Games

I'm wrong again! Michigan State only moved up 5 spots after beating Michigan. Now #67. Still behind #61 Indiana despite having a much better record, and having defeated in the last two weeks: Indiana twice, #3 Michigan, #4 Illinois, and #9 Ohio State

Is the B10 really that good this year? Or is it just when they play themselves they look good...it was a close 7-5 against the acc in the challenge, and this year the ACC is getting no respect - reminds me of the CFB rankings and then the bowl games....the B10 usually gets found out as the media darling as they get pounded against better conferences. B12 looks deeper but outside of Baylor all their top 10 have had some bad losses. Its going to be a very unpredictable NCCAT.

It's a very good Big 10 this year based upon the eye test. With the limited inter-conference schedule, Clemson really helped the ACC by defeating Purdue, Maryland and Alabama. The overall quality of play can't vary too much from year to year because the Big 10 has fourteen members.

The ACC is hindered in the NET by some bad early season losses by the top teams: Virginia lost to San Francisco, Florida State lost to Central Florida and Georgia Tech lost to Georgia State and Mercer. Georgia Tech wasn't conducting full practices due to covid. Duke and Notre Dame both lost to Michigan State. You think that Michigan State is a top 10 team so no big deal. But if you are only playing seven non-conference games at most, and then Michigan State loses eleven times to Big 10 teams, the effect is magnified. Similarly, Kentucky lost to Notre Dame, Georgia Tech and UNC. They seemed like big wins, but weren't

BY3 getting hot from behind the arc...have the Zags down 12 at the half. Can they keep it up?

Good game...i think BYU can test a lot of teams in the tournament...i presume they get in. Zags very poised and sound in the second half.

Reactions: christophero
Zags are so much better than people realize. I hope they get 6 more and cut the nets down in April. Few deserves a ring. This is a fun group to watch.

Reactions: christophero
Whether or not they win the tournament, the Zags had the best team last year and this year. And they will probably have one of the best teams next year too. Pretty impressive.

Zags are one hell of a team, but I have a feeling they once again get punched in the mouth by a tourney team.

Cheats with 18 offensive rebounds in one half......ND cant win if they shoot 14 less shots than the cheats

Brooks was out tonight for UNC due to the twisted ankle he suffered against Duke on Saturday. Kessler said Sharpe divvied up Brooks' minutes for the most productive night from the UNC frontcourt in at least a decade

Reactions: RHFD
Brooks was out tonight for UNC due to the twisted ankle he suffered against Duke on Saturday. Kessler said Sharpe divvied up Brooks' minutes for the most productive night from the UNC frontcourt in at least a decade

We knew it couldn't last......We new ged had to start braggin' about his team at some point. I don't blame him. Hes a good egg, and I have to admit UNC looks solid as a rock now.... OFC

Mike Smith of Michigan showing how a Grad Transfer guard could be very valuable...12pts/12 assists in the Maryland game - hopefully we can find one next year

Under "other games" I rewatched the Duke MSU 1999 Final Four game. Carrawell really stepped up that game, as Langdon kind of vanished after being the MVP of the regional. Brand was a beast, and I forgot how good Avery was, both on offense and defense.

Last edited:
Sure hope Florida State doesn’t disappoint me! UNC is making a run and has taken the lead after being down 11 at the half!

I really hate college basketball right now. Hate to be negative, but could this be a worse year? They're the luckiest assholes I have ever seen. EDIT: Clearly my reverse jinx worked ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: hart2chesson
Shoot 33% from the field, 33% from 3, 56% from the FT line while shooting more FTs than Fl State....why did they lose you ask?!?!??
THOSE DAGGUM STINNKKIN REFS HATE US THEYRE INCOMPETENT....THE FIX WAS IN
ITS HARD TO WIN 8-5....
What’s funny is even on the “very quick stuff” threads after after win, the refs are included in 90% of them. It just further marks their claim as the biggest crybaby fans in all of sports 🤷‍♂️

UCLA loses to Oregon State, falls to 17-9 and has lost 4 straight. They will probably get in, but will have to sweat it out.

Reactions: geddoughton23
The thread on the UNC site starts, I never complain about the refs....then stretches for 5 pages. If Leaky Black would go hard to the basket and the 5'9" point guard didn't think that he could scoop the ball over a 7 footer, then those 5 pages would not exist.

UNC has a bad record in games officiated by Roger Ayers. He allows the game to get rough. It should benefit the Tar Heels, but they can't adjust. He's incredibly consistent. Much better than the days of Lenny Wirtz and Dick Paparo

Reactions: Mac9192
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT