ADVERTISEMENT

Other Games

Right now it's the Zags to lose in my opinion. And I would be perfectly fine with that. I've yet to see anyone as efficient as they are on offense and they have a top 15 defense. Baylor is the only other team that I feel can hang with them and that's because they're so damn good defensively. Nova, Kansas, and Texas are legit top ten teams too. UVA is starting to turn the corner and look like the best team in ACC, like many thought they would. Tenn, Michigan, Illinois, Creighton, Wisky, Texas Tech, and FSU have all impressed me to some degree this season too. Could Duke, Kentucky, and UNC all not make it into the big dance this year? When was the last time that ever happened?

Reactions: christophero
Baylor is twelve points better than Kansas on an average night. It's pretty amazing. I would not want to live in Lawrence KS unless I were 6'9" and could shoot, but I would not want to live in Waco TX in any scenario

I would love to see it happen. I really would be pulling hard for Few and the Zags in that one. Bilas was right the other night when he said when the Zags win a title it will be one of the greatest college basketball stories of all time. Too bad it didn't come in '17 though.

Reactions: hart2chesson
IMO the title is Baylor or Gonzaga's to lose. I'd favor Baylor, they got some dogs, I don't think Gonzaga is good enough defensively and I don't trust any college offense for 6 straight games to be super efficient. This is a much better Gonzaga defense than usual though.

It's college basketball though, so I'd still take the field over Baylor/Gonzaga. Does Duke have a chance this year? Probably not, but I'll still be watching every game rooting for our guys and praying we get some of these freshman back next year.

For those who would rather recruit dorky white kids instead of the kids Duke has been recruiting lately: please go root for Iowa. Iowa has suffered 20+ years of losing/mediocrity while Duke has been on top. For every one Iowa, there are 50 other programs trying to win the same way, but they are losing. Iowa also can't guard anyone, they won't make it to the Final Four. Every national champion in the last 20 years has had a top 20 Ken Pom defense.

Reactions: HuffyJB and GAAP
How about Michigan? Are they a year away? They looked awesome against Wisconsin and then fell flat on their face.

Not sure Iowa is athletic enough.

Wouldn't mind seeing Creighton do well and let AOC experience a tourney run (mainly from the bench, but still). I don't think they are good enough but it would be interesting to have a new team in the mix.

Reactions: skysdad
My Tar Heels are dumb. They defended the Wake Forest bigs as if they were Bill Walton and Larry Bird. They would double team for no reason, giving Wake Forest wide open 3s

Alvarado for Georgia Tech is very good. He cuts through the Virginia defense better than I've seen in years

My goodness, Carter Whitt of Wake Forest is my least favorite player of the 21st century!!! He's pathetically weak! He has no idea of how to play. No defense at all. He pushes off whenever guarded closely.

I think that he will always be weak. I think that he was held back a few years ago. He doesn't do anything well. He was on a very talented high school team. I thought that he was the weak link

You are probably correct about Gonzaga. Their results are amazing. When I watch, I'm not awed. I'll have to watch them again. They destroyed Virginia

I work a lot of nights. Which leaves few sports options when I get home in the evenings. So I end up watching them play quite a bit. And they can just turn it on at the drop of a dime it seems. The efficiency on offense I guess is what impresses me the most.

Reactions: geddoughton23
West virginia played with Gonzaga for 35+ minutes...all it takes is one game and they are gone

Yep, one and done is how it is for every team, every single year. Zags are no different in that respect. I just don't see many teams that can beat them this year. Baylor and Nova could. I just think the Zags are improving their defense as the year has gone on. They haven't even peaked yet. I also just love watching a team play basketball that truly gets it.

I worked late in 1990 and 1991. I watched so many UNLV games. It was a joy. They played with great effort even when up by 40 points.

It wasn't so much a joy in '90 at the end, haha I was a kid and sat up all night crying after we lost the title game. My mom had to hold me out of school the next day. 8 years old and a die hard fan even then, haha Of course the next two championship Monday's I was a happy little fella!

Yep, one and done is how it is for every team, every single year. Zags are no different in that respect. I just don't see many teams that can beat them this year. Baylor and Nova could. I just think the Zags are improving their defense as the year has gone on. They haven't even peaked yet. I also just love watching a team play basketball that truly gets it.

I'm not saying they aren't the best team by far...just saying one bad shooting night and they could be out....they aren't perfect and due to have a had shooting game

I'm not saying they aren't the best team by far...just saying one bad shooting night and they could be out....they aren't perfect and due to have a had shooting game

Oh, I know. I am just saying it's clear they're on another level than just about everyone else out there. We missed out on that early season Zags/Baylor match up. I'd love to see that end up being the title game in April.

Kansas has 5 losses yet is ahead of a 2 loss FSU team in the AP poll? I think some of the ranking members on both the AP and Coaches polls are taking the opportunity to kick the ACC when its down...as there are other eyebrow raising rankings too. B12 getting lots of love. Definitely a weird year.

Virginia is taking " bad" shots early against Syracuse. They're going in, but really long 3s and 2s. Syracuse is pretty small this year. The zone isn't imposing

I will repeat what I said when I first started posting here last year. Virginia Center,. Jay Huff, is the best pro prospect in the ACC. He shoots 72% on 2s, 44% on 3s, 86% on FTs. He only plays 23 minutes per game . Averages 13 points, 6 rebounds and 2.5 blocks per game

I will repeat what I said when I first started posting here last year. Virginia Center,. Jay Huff, is the best pro prospect in the ACC. He shoots 72% on 2s, 44% on 3s, 86% on FTs. He only plays 23 minutes per game . Averages 13 points, 6 rebounds and 2.5 blocks per game
Clark for them was a 3 star, and 60th rated point guard out of high school. Arguably the best coach in the country is in Charlottesville.

Clark must have 8 pounds of hair bouncing on his head. It seems like it would be distracting and cause a headache. I wonder why it doesn't cause a headache 🤔

I was amused when Roy Williams fawned over Leaky Black for shutting down Boeheim. The box score indicated that Boeheim scored 18 and Black 5

Reactions: Mac9192
Boeheim looks like a good shooter- particularly on pull-up 15 footers. He's pretty tall, and in good condition. He is a step slow

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT