ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sports trivia. Part three.

Ah, you asked this one before in some form, but I can't remember the cause. Was he playing a musical instrument (harmonica or banjo)?

You are right Yogi got upset at Phil for playing his harmonica. Just wanted to see if anyone remembered. You are up. OFC

You are right Yogi got upset at Phil for playing his harmonica. Just wanted to see if anyone remembered. You are up. OFC
I'm glad you did, it shows I've actually retained at least some of the interesting facts I've heard on here.

Who was the league MVP of the ABA, in their 1st season.

He also led his team to the 1st ABA Championship.

Not Rick, he did win one, but not the 1st. Hmmm, I stand corrected, Barry never did win an ABA MVP.

Not Zelmo. All time great who lost a big chunk of his career. Art Heyman played with him during his MVP and Championship year.

Mel was the 2nd MVP, and along with Dr. J the only 2 time winner. This guy fought to bring Heyman in regardless of his rep due to his time playing with him in the NYC street circuit, with The New York City Gems " that times AAU" for NYC. Heyman called him the greatest player in the world.

Mel was the 2nd MVP, and along with Dr. J the only 2 time winner. This guy fought to bring Heyman in regardless of his rep due to his time playing with him in the NYC street circuit " that times AAU". Heyman called him the greatest player in the world.

Billy Cunningham

OFC

Cunningham won an ABA MVP later and played with him as a youth in the NYC city leagues. Billy called him " the poorest kid he ever saw".

He is still maybe a bigger playground legend for what he did against Chamberlein and the like at Rucker Park, then he is as a pro, even though he is a Hall of Famer. Lost multiple years due to gambling scandal, which he was later exonerated of.

Haywood did win a MVP in the ABA, but not the 1st. The legend never played a varsity game in college, but went to Iowa.

We all remember,(well a number of us anyway)the Pete Rose 44 game hitting streak of '78. First real modern era streak that captured the baseball nation since Dimaggio's record 56 game streak.What player has come closest to Rose with a 39 game streak since '78? The year was '87....

OFC

Who is the only person to participate in the NBA Finals and the Super Bowl. ( 1 as a player 1 as a coach).

Yes. The Minneapolis Lakers. I believe that he is still in good health. Some farming, chopping wood,etc. His beloved wife died at least ten years ago, but last I heard he was still well

Next question: within one year either way, when was the last time a Canadian team won the Stanley Cup in Hockey?

In the four major professional sports leagues, NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL, there are six teams who share the exact same team name. Panthers, Giants, Cardinals, Kings, Rangers are five of them. Which is the other team name shared by two franchises?

(I was going to ask for all six but multi answer questions are a bit more difficult to answer and keep up with who had which ones correct and which ones were not.)

What catcher holds the highest percentage for throwing out base stealers in MLB history at 57% ?

All 3 great catchers, but not the top % of caught base stealers.

He is an all time great, Hall of Famer, who suffered a tragic event after 10 great seasons.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT