ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sports trivia. Part three.

Not sure if it's right, and almost certain I will butcher the spelling. Rosenboro ( the one Marachial took the bat to)?

Reactions: skysdad
Not sure if it's right, and almost certain I will butcher the spelling. Rosenboro ( the one Marachial took the bat to)?

That's good enough. Roseboro. He was being primed to follow Campy as the Dodger catcher. It just came quicker than thought. He went on to bevan all star. Yes it was Marichal that hit him with a bat. You are up. OFC

I

Reactions: dtodd4475
That's good enough. Roseboro. He was being primed to follow Campy as the Dodger catcher. It just came quicker than thought. He went on to bevan all star. Yes it was Marichal that hit him with a bat. You are up. OFC

I
I remember seeing the footage of the brawl as a kid in the 70's (crazy), and my father describing the main figures involved. I figured the timeline may fit for Roseboro.

There has only been 1 year with shared - Cy Young winners, 1969. Mike Cuellar was one of the pitchers chosen, who did he share the award with that year?

I don't know if Sudden Sam is correct, but it sure brings back memories. I saw him pitch in Yankee Stadium probably around 1969-70 and boy it seemed like you couldn't even see his pitches. I saw Clemens years later but I'd say McDowell seemed to throw harder.

I don't know if Sudden Sam is correct, but it sure brings back memories. I saw him pitch in Yankee Stadium probably around 1969-70 and boy it seemed like you couldn't even see his pitches. I saw Clemens years later but I'd say McDowell seemed to throw harder.
Not Sudden Sam, but Hawk Harrelson always raved that in his 50 years around the game that he had the most electric stuff he ever saw.

Not Dean Chance either. This guy had well chronicled off the field issues, but great success on the mound.

This is a hard one but no hints to start with.

What is the least amount of points that a Duke basketball team has allowed an opponent in one half of basketball. OFC

Zero. Duke led UNC 7-0 at the half in Cameron in 1979. UNC didn't even hit the rim. Second half was 40-40 for a Final of 47-40

In the second half, Gminski caught UNC center Rich Yonakor with an unintentional elbow. Dean Smith lectured Gminski, and my mom who didn't care about the game got upset about coach Smith lecturing an opponent. UNC only attempted to shots in the first half; both airballs by Yonakor

So next question: within two minutes either way, what is the most minutes per game averaged by Jay Bilas in any of his four seasons for Duke?

In the second half, Gminski caught UNC center Rich Yonakor with an unintentional elbow. Dean Smith lectured Gminski, and my mom who didn't care about the game got upset about coach Smith lecturing an opponent. UNC only attempted to shots in the first half; both airballs by Yonakor

Wish it had been Yonakor- he was a hot dog from word GO. It was actually Al Wood. Your mom was SO RIGHT! Dean really showed his rear in that incident. #GTHCGTH

OFC

Don't get me started on dean smith and the double standard. If Coach K did that with a cheater heel can you imagine the backlash. Remembering that again just pisses me off and toothly1124 you can put up your regular sarcastic like on that one OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
I'm going to say 27 is a correct answer. He averaged 24.6 as a Junior. He averaged over 20 all four seasons.

Who is 3rd behind Aaron and Ruth on mlb's all-time career rbi leaders?

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT