ADVERTISEMENT

Random thoughts part two.

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
I know a good while back we had a thread like this but just don't want to take the time to find it. So this is a new one. Ok we live in a counterclock wise world. In baseball the bases are ran counterclock wise. Just think how cool it would be if te bases were ran clockwise. The middle infielders would have to be left handed and since we are the subject why aren't there left handed catchers. If you were born left handed you are destined to play 1st base, pitcher or an outfielder. In auto racing counterclock wise. Horse racing counterclock wise track and field counterclock wise. Walking tracks counterclock wise. We have an indoor mall in my home town where people walk counterclock wise. Grocery stores are set up to shop counter clockwise and even though you shop through the ailes it's counterclock wise. Even the earth spins counterclock wise. The only thing I can think of that goes clockwise are clocks. OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: RHFD and KDSTONE
I know a good while back we had a thread like this but just don't want to take the time to find it. So this is a new one. Ok we live in a counterclock wise world. In baseball the bases are ran counterclock wise. Just think how cool it would be if te bases were ran clockwise. The middle infielders would have to be left handed and since we are the subject why aren't there left handed catchers. If you were born left handed you are destined to play 1st base, pitcher or an outfielder. In auto racing counterclock wise. Horse racing counterclock wise track and field counterclock wise. Walking tracks counterclock wise. We have an indoor mall in my home town where people walk counterclock wise. Grocery stores are set up to shop counter clockwise and even though you shop through the ailes it's counterclock wise. Even the earth spins counterclock wise. The only thing I can think of that goes clockwise are clocks. OFC

Sorry either I’m getting dumber or there were tech difficulties Re left handed catchers in high school we played a team with a left handed catcher and we were told to stay in the batter box if our runner was about to steal second or third so the catcher would have to literally get up and move to throw around the batter. And the lefty catcher all but eliminated the quick throw to catch a runner with a big lead After a while tempers flared and their catcher actually beaned one of our hitters in the back Don’t know about college or the majors but high school rules were a little vague on how much effort the batter was expected to make to get out of the way. All in all a tense day at the ballpark that One was.

Reactions: skysdad
Sorry either I’m getting dumber or there were tech difficulties Re left handed catchers in high school we played a team with a left handed catcher and we were told to stay in the batter box if our runner was about to steal second or third so the catcher would have to literally get up and move to throw around the batter. And the lefty catcher all but eliminated the quick throw to catch a runner with a big lead After a while tempers flared and their catcher actually beaned one of our hitters in the back Don’t know about college or the majors but high school rules were a little vague on how much effort the batter was expected to make to get out of the way. All in all a tense day at the ballpark that One was.
I was told when I umped that a batter must get out of the way to allow a catchers throw, regardless of place (i.e. batter is not entitled to batter's box) and it is regardless of attempt to move out of way.

Reactions: KDSTONE and skysdad
With how Duke's season went before the ACC tournament, was Duke better to have had the FSU game cancelled and basically leave no doubt to Duke being out? Many believe Duke would have won and gotten in. Assuming Duke does not make it to a ff, the not making it kicks off the "redemption tour" and we might have helped sway kids here. And, it is extra motivation to stay hungry next year.

Reactions: KDSTONE
I was told when I umped that a batter must get out of the way to allow a catchers throw, regardless of place (i.e. batter is not entitled to batter's box) and it is regardless of attempt to move out of way.
Sounds right. I think our ump had never encountered the situation; at one point they looked for a rule book but said they couldn’t find it. Amateur hour

Reactions: bobcrane14
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT