ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sports trivia. Part three.

When I was at Duke, Clemson had Skip Wise and Stan Rome. They were very athletic and talented. As I recall, Skip Wise was a one and done or two and done and never realized his tremendous potential. I'm sure others (Jim Sumner) will have a more detailed memory.

Reactions: dtodd4475
When I was at Duke, Clemson had Skip Wise and Stan Rome. They were very athletic and talented. As I recall, Skip Wise was a one and done or two and done and never realized his tremendous potential. I'm sure others (Jim Sumner) will have a more detailed memory.

Unbelievably talented guard for the Tigers. Prolific scorer, and was drafted I think by a team The Baltimore Claws. This is all off memory.....I dont know if the Claws were an expansion pro team or what. I dont ever recall them playing a game...Far as I know, Wise did just play the one year.

Stan Rome a fine hoopster, was even a better football player at Clemson. Wideout as I recall.

OFC

I did look up Skip Wise and it is a very sad story. Drug use derailed his career. What a shame. I will remember him for his electric athleticism. Thanks Hart for remembering more than I did.

I did look up Skip Wise and it is a very sad story. Drug use derailed his career. What a shame. I will remember him for his electric athleticism. Thanks Hart for remembering more than I did.

Pleasure Lift....glad you read about him.... OFC

Within 200 points without going over, how many points did Mike Krzyzewski score as a player in his career at Army?

800 is not correct. By the way, Art Heyman averaged 25 points and 11 rebounds for his Duke career. And he was Most Outstanding Player of the 1963 Final Four despite losing to Loyola Chicago in the semis

The duel between Freshman PGs Skip Wise and Phil Ford in the 1975 ACC Semis was spectacular. Wise should have been a great pro. Instead, he went to prison for dealing heroin and burglary

Reactions: Liftee
While looking for a question to ask, I stumbled across photos of Jeff Hornacek's daughter, Abby. She is beautiful. And a good athlete. She has been on camera for Fox news

All you have to do is drop down by 200 points each time. If no correct answer by noon tomorrow, I'll post the answer

Not quite there. Player K was a pass-first PG. Freshmen were not eligible and Army only played about 23 games per year

Jack Marin of Duke was one NBA team's top draft pick in 1966. Give me the name of this team......OFC

Coach K started all 3 years. 6 points per game all three seasons. He took very few shots as a senior. Lots of free throws in games they were winning. He shot 80% FTS as a senior

Reactions: hart2chesson
Honestly because of the newest tweet, name the first player that left from Coach K/Duke for the NBA. Drafted or graduate, whomever?

Sorry. Went off the grid.

What Blue Devils big man is credited with discovering and recruiting Mike Gminski?

Wow must have been easy! I'll have to do better in the future (if I guess another one right). Good job Sky.

Reactions: skysdad
Wow must have been easy! I'll have to do better in the future (if I guess another one right). Good job Sky.

It was a great question but I remember when G-man committed and I think it came from Bill Foster who gave Chili the credit because Gminski was very young and wasn't that well known. OFC

What was the cause of a little scuffle between Yankee team mates Yogi Berra and Phil Linz on the Yankee team bus after a loss? OFC

Ah, you asked this one before in some form, but I can't remember the cause. Was he playing a musical instrument (harmonica or banjo)?

Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT