ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sports trivia. Part three.

No. This is a really good trivia question. Just watched some YouTube videos and stunned by how quick he was. He's in the NBA. Hall of Fame. Only scored 1,700+ points in four years of college ball

Hmmm. Playing in Durham doesn't mean he played for Duke. This may end up being tough. OFC

Well it has to be N.C. Central and I have no idea who it may be but if he's in the HOF he has to have played in the 60's or 70's and had to have played for a team that won mulitple championships like the Lakers or the Celtics or play for more than one franchise. I gonna guess he played for the Celtics and it is K.C. Jones because I know that Russell, Havlichek and Cousy did not play at N.C. Central. OFC

I will ask a trivia question about KC Jones some other day. KC Jones played at the University of San Francisco with Bill Russell. They won back to back NCAA titles and KC was a great player for the Celtics. KC won 10 NBA titles as a player with Russell in Boston including 8 in a row. Russell won an eleventh as player/coach in 1968. KC Jones also was the head coach of the Celtics for their titles in 1984 and 1986

You are on the right track. I knew two men who went to Central who say that the correct answer is a Hall of Fame person as well as player

I'm glad that you let me ask the question. My day was made looking at YouTube videos. He would be a star today

He was the #8 pick in the 1957 NBA draft. Rosenbleuth was #6 after leading UNC to the NCAA title. The GM who drafted #8 only learned of the player because he came to North Carolina to scout UNC

Until researching the question, I didn't know that this gentleman is from Wilmington NC. He has more NBA titles than Wilmington's Michael Jordan. Actually, he has more titles than Jordan and LeBron combined!

I went back to page 2 of this thread. It took me back to high school when I got into a real fight with my high school teammate. I insisted that Larry Bird was better than Mark Aguirre. My teammate insisted that Bird was a slow farm boy. I didn't know that Bird averaged 14.9 rebounds in 1979

I just looked up Larry Bird's 1979 stats:
28.6 points. He averaged over 30 for his career. 14.9 rebounds,5.5 assists,an amazing 2.5 steals and 0.9 blocks. And he shot 53%from the field

Reactions: skysdad
What former Syracuse player faced Micheal Jordan 30 times without ever beating him in the NBA. The longest undefeated record between two players in league history at 30 -0.

That's exactly where I saw it, and I thought hmm, would of never guessed that. That's why I put the school, to narrow the possabilities down .

Reactions: geddoughton23
I guess it came up because LeBron was 28 - 0 against Kemba Walker, until he lost to the Celtics this year. I think the nearest matchup to Jordan's 30 - 0 is like 18 -0. They listed the entire top 10.

Reactions: geddoughton23
I just want to say that you guys are amazing. I'd jump in with an answer if I ever had one...but haven't gotten one in months.

Keep up the good work.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Who is the 3rd leading LEFT handed hitter on the ALL TIME HOME RUN LIST?

OFC

All are really good guesses!!! The individual had 630 roundtrippers.....

OFC

Who was the 1st ACC player to be the #1 overall pick in the NBA draft?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT