ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sports trivia. Part three.

Chris Paul, Juan Dixon and Joe Harris. OFC

Jerian Grant, Malcolm Brogdon, the three mentioned above.

You both got two right. Chris Paul, Juan Dixon, Jerian Grant, and Malcolm Brogdon are all correct. There's one missing player. Tiebreaker should go to whoever can get the final one.

Couple hints: he played for the same school as one of the players already mentioned. And this happened sometime between 2000-2009.

I'm gonna get out of this one. Too many possible answers and it gets confussing to me. OFC

I have a guess for the last, but don't want to muddle it up even more. Thinking a big kid with an unorthodox game, but big scoring and rebound numbers in college.

Reactions: skysdad
I know who it is because I looked it up so that means it's a forfeit.Go ahead kwjibos13. Pick us out a good one. If can find a nice question with one answer it may help. Don't want to sound like sour grapes but the guidelines this thread is spelled out in the very 1st post. I started the original sports trivia quiz about three years ago with the idea it would keep us busy through the off season. Same guidelines have always been the same each off sesson. Some posters ask me to start it each off season so I do so. One answer questions keep the game moving andvwe don't have several different posters giving several different answers. I don't think its happened this off season but I've seen two or three questions going on at the time simply because the guidelines haven't been looked at . I'm sincere about this but if the majority of you who participate then I will bow out and you play the game the way you want too. If yall of you do want to change to format I would like to ask the 1st question so here it is. OFC

During the 1940 college football season name the starting lineup both offense and defense for Army. I need positions, uniform numbers , height and weight. The pinting, kicking and receiving teams are not required.:D OFC

Last edited:
Ok here it goes. Duke is a big name, and usually the prime time (second) game of the Saturday final four match-ups. However, 2015 saw Duke in the early game against Michigan State. Previous to 2015, what was the last time Duke played in the undercard game of the final four?

Ok here it goes. Duke is a big name, and usually the prime time (second) game of the Saturday final four match-ups. However, 2015 saw Duke in the early game against Michigan State. Previous to 2015, what was the last time Duke played in the undercard game of the final four?

Now that's a great trivia question. OFC

A great trivia question it took all of less than a half hour for you to get right... geeze I was so proud of it too...

It was kind of a guess but after thought through all the final fours it had to be that one. OFC

In the 1983 NBA season Moses Malone said this. Four, four and four. What did he mean? OFC

They would sweep through the playoffs.

That's it. Everyone thought he was nuts but he was on a mission that year. Had a good team with Dr. J. , Bobby Jones, Andrew Toney and Mo Cheeks. Three averaged 20 plus poinys a game. Toney, Moses and Doc.
You are up? OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: dtodd4475
Not The Admiral. This guy didn't lead the league with his 31.2 average, but his 2nd place that year was higher then even the centers who have led the league since 1980.

Not Pat, He was better known for his rebounding, and has been mentioned a few times previously.

I've never answered before, but I've enjoyed looking at this thread for a long time. Figured the answer was pretty obvious since he was mentioned above: Moses Malone. One of my favorite players. NBA MVP for Houston in 1982 and Philadelphia in 1983

I've never answered before, but I've enjoyed looking at this thread for a long time. Figured the answer was pretty obvious since he was mentioned above: Moses Malone. One of my favorite players. NBA MVP for Houston in 1982 and Philadelphia in 1983
Moses it is. You're up

Sorry. Went to sleep. Forgot about it this am. Name the city of birth for two of the following three famous basketball players: Kyrie Irving, Michael Jordan and Zion Williamson

@skysdad you think the SINGLE. ANSWER questions keep the flow of the questions steadier my friend? I am inclined to agree. Unless
we all defer to others on ties of multiple answers?

OFC

@skysdad you think the SINGLE. ANSWER questions keep the flow of the questions steadier my friend? I am inclined to agree. Unless
we all defer to others on ties of multiple answers?

OFC

Whatever you guys want to do. Like I said in an earlier post if most feel a change is to be made go ahead. If that is going to be then hart if you would please as soon as you read this post go ahead and set the new guidelines and let it's open season. Things have changed in the years the trivia thread came out. We have lots of new posters with new ideas and opinions and people like me need to accept it and move on or find a group that suits you. That is why the brotherhood board was created. It's old school and not for everyone. I love this board also and intend to be my old fart self. If there are things I'm not interested in discussing all I need to do is not reply. I'm a Duke fan. We all are Duke fans. If for some reason a poster doesn't care for another even though he doesn't know that poster on a personal level there is no need to insult or berate them. I know many Duke fans personally I don't care for and I just don't deal with them. Sorry for getting off topic and making such a long post. GO DUKE! OFC

Whatever you guys want to do. Like I said in an earlier post if most feel a change is to be made go ahead. If that is going to be then hart if you would please as soon as you read this post go ahead and set the new guidelines and let it's open season. Things have changed in the years the trivia thread came out. We have lots of new posters with new ideas and opinions and people like me need to accept it and move on or find a group that suits you. That is why the brotherhood board was created. It's old school and not for everyone. I love this board also and intend to be my old fart self. If there are things I'm not interested in discussing all I need to do is not reply. I'm a Duke fan. We all are Duke fans. If for some reason a poster doesn't care for another even though he doesn't know that poster on a personal level there is no need to insult or berate them. I know many Duke fans personally I don't care for and I just don't deal with them. Sorry for getting off topic and making such a long post. GO DUKE! OFC

Sky too much respect for you to set guidelines. You've orchestrated the trivia guidelines for years, and thanks but I'd rather not do it. Gang, multiple question answers fine, and we can just defer to one another on ties- sound good? Thats just a suggestion, ok- I dont want to set guidelines. I really do enjoy our trivia, y'all pose some great questions.....Everybody have nice Memorial Day...OFC

Thanks for the question about Moses Malone. I remembered him being a star when he entered the ABA in the early 70s, but his numbers the first five years weren't that great

Reactions: hart2chesson
I don't the name of the place but wasn't it that part of the earth that if you didn't watch yourself you could step off into outer space? ;) OFC

Reactions: dtodd4475
I also thought that Moses Malone and Darryl Dawkins played together for a year in Philadelphia, but they didn't. Both were huge and went pro straight out of high school and died too young. Dawkins claimed to have been born on the planet Lovetron

Reactions: hart2chesson
Not Paris. I originally went with 2 of 3 because I figured the question was asked before. His father played basketball overseas

Only 9 schools have made it to the Final Four every time they've been a 1 seed. Which of those 9 schools has made it the Final Four the most as a 1 seed?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT